Super Kev To You

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Would be karma i guess for those that believe in that stuff. Halifax looking like the team most likely we'll need to catch, in comes Nico against the club that sacked him, steers the Shaymen to safety and the rest is history, along with TUFC.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The Halifax forums on Thursday were saying nico would be unveiled as manager in 48 hours. Southampton said nico was down to the last 3 applicants.
Now its down to 10 applicants to be announced this\next week.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Just going by what the Halifax chairman said: have interviewed “nine or 10”... "new boss will be in place next week"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 22:24 The Halifax forums on Thursday were saying nico would be unveiled as manager in 48 hours. Southampton said nico was down to the last 3 applicants.
Now its down to 10 applicants to be announced this\next week.
Don't let facts get in the way ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

Who cares the only facts that count is Nicholson kept us In this league for two years and Owers won't so that judges the better manager in my eyes.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

On a much lower budget as well.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Ignoring all the blather about how well/badly Nico did at Plainmoor, I wish him well. He is a decent man, loyal and committed. If he gets the Halifax job good luck to him.

It is also notable that Halifax appear to be going through a thorough recruitment process, the kind that most organisations undertake when making a senior appointment. You couldn’t accuse Torquay United of that, a Club that just makes it all up as it goes along.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Good luck to him
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

At present the manager is dragging us into the Sl with no fight or passion just stands there taking in the game,no motivation for the players or man management skills,I would rather get relegated with someone like Nicholson who at least showed he cared and gave his all than this clown who couldnt run a circus or perhaps he is.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 00:26 Presumably cause Nicholson ....... visits people in hospital?
Of all the jibes made, this was the cheapest shot and I'm surprised you have chosen to repeat it, Brucie. As I posted months ago, anyone with first-hand knowledge of a Hospital Children's Ward will know how much children love to be visited by local 'celebrities', be it footballers, singers even councillors because it is a change from the usual routine of spending days, sometimes weeks, in a Hospital bed.

Managers and players visiting children in hospitals is nothing new. I think it happens all over the country as part of clubs' community outreach. Interestingly, no comment was made when it was reported that Gary Owers and some of the players visited the Children's Ward at Torbay Hospital shortly before last Christmas.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

greb46 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 08:35 At present the manager is dragging us into the Sl with no fight or passion just stands there taking in the game,no motivation for the players or man management skills,I would rather get relegated with someone like Nicholson who at least showed he cared and gave his all than this clown who couldnt run a circus or perhaps he is.
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 07:32 On a much lower budget as well.
What's the bleeding obsession with how big or small the budget Nicholson had compared to others ?
Surely it's not what you've got that counts it's what you do with it. Both Nicholson & Owers had or have no clue about building a successful squad that is fact, they've both wasted money on absolute tripe & should be condemned for doing so.
All this fawning at Nicholson's feet is pathetic, yes he was a great player servant to our club but absolutely shocking as a manager , no tactical nous, too pally with his players, & some of his sound bites were extraordinary to say the least e.g. " there will be no fitter team of players in the National League this season " proved to be one of the unfittest , " the new manager will think he's won the national lottery with these players " Gowling, Injury prone ( was before he signed ) Clarke, injury prone , Fallon, not fit for purpose, Pittman, injury prone, Gray, not fit for purpose, etc etc.
As for Owers , too many useless signings, no tactical nous, taken too long to build some sort of team that resembles a competitive team, too many players on loan , his obsession with Reid is baffling at best, couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo etc etc.
The sooner we're down the better, then may be we can move on.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 16:03 What's the bleeding obsession with how big or small the budget Nicholson had compared to others ?
Surely it's not what you've got that counts it's what you do with it. Both Nicholson & Owers had or have no clue about building a successful squad that is fact, they've both wasted money on absolute tripe & should be condemned for doing so.
All this fawning at Nicholson's feet is pathetic, yes he was a great player servant to our club but absolutely shocking as a manager , no tactical nous, too pally with his players, & some of his sound bites were extraordinary to say the least e.g. " there will be no fitter team of players in the National League this season " proved to be one of the unfittest , " the new manager will think he's won the national lottery with these players " Gowling, Injury prone ( was before he signed ) Clarke, injury prone , Fallon, not fit for purpose, Pittman, injury prone, Gray, not fit for purpose, etc etc.
As for Owers , too many useless signings, no tactical nous, taken too long to build some sort of team that resembles a competitive team, too many players on loan , his obsession with Reid is baffling at best, couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo etc etc.
The sooner we're down the better, then may be we can move on.
I agree with the sooner we are down the better for our own sanity. You missed out Owers sound bite "we are no longer rubbish ".
Lucy
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

I really hope Kev gets the job because maybe then we can stop talking about him once and for all, although I doubt it.

Makes my teeth itch.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 15:53 :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
So you would accept relegation just because a manger jumps up and down on the touchline?? You would accept relegation even though it was clear the team were not fit for 90 minutes of football just because the manager shouted in the touchline. Cracking post.