Super Kev To You

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

sgf wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 16:12 I really hope Kev gets the job because maybe then we can stop talking about him once and for all, although I doubt it.

Makes my teeth itch.
I'm sure merse will give us a running commentary on his new job, what else will he do with his time if not!!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

You've obviously got a mental health issue sonny; shell shock is it?
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

sgf wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 16:15 So you would accept relegation just because a manger jumps up and down on the touchline?? You would accept relegation even though it was clear the team were not fit for 90 minutes of football just because the manager shouted in the touchline. Cracking post.
It doesn't make it any better of course not the point I'm making is that in any situation motivation can make an individual put in that bit extra.It may not change the result but within a team it may do and Owers whether its being interviewed or dealing with the players has about as much personality as a wet lettuce.Always gives me the impression he's just returned from a funeral.So if you think that has no relevance in boosting players then our views are miles apart.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 17:01 You've obviously got a mental health issue sonny; shell shock is it?
Off the scale ignorance Merse, and anyone else that supports your mindless comments on here!!!!!

And certainly not what you would say to my face should we ever have the pleasure to meet!!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 16:03 What's the bleeding obsession with how big or small the budget Nicholson had compared to others ?
Surely it's not what you've got that counts it's what you do with it. Both Nicholson & Owers had or have no clue about building a successful squad that is fact, they've both wasted money on absolute tripe & should be condemned for doing so.
All this fawning at Nicholson's feet is pathetic, yes he was a great player servant to our club but absolutely shocking as a manager , no tactical nous, too pally with his players, & some of his sound bites were extraordinary to say the least e.g. " there will be no fitter team of players in the National League this season " proved to be one of the unfittest , " the new manager will think he's won the national lottery with these players " Gowling, Injury prone ( was before he signed ) Clarke, injury prone , Fallon, not fit for purpose, Pittman, injury prone, Gray, not fit for purpose, etc etc.
As for Owers , too many useless signings, no tactical nous, taken too long to build some sort of team that resembles a competitive team, too many players on loan , his obsession with Reid is baffling at best, couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo etc etc.
The sooner we're down the better, then may be we can move on.

Do I really need to point out the obvious?

I'd be much happier than most to move on from talking about our previous management. I'm not the one that keeps bringing him up but I'm also not going to sit back and ignore the unfair criticism he gets from people.

If you want to continue with such a blinkered outlook then you would be better off ignoring my posts. Just look at the Steve Breed thread, that'll explain why the budget makes a difference and also highlight some of the difficulties he had trying to assemble a team, let alone a squad.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

goody2449 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 17:09 Off the scale ignorance Merse, and anyone else that supports your mindless comments on here!!!!!

And certainly not what you would say to my face should we ever have the pleasure to meet!!!!

I get where you're coming from and as much as I disagree with Merse sometimes, most of the time actually, he would say it to your face. How you'd deal with that is obviously up to you but he at least has the balls to speak his mind.

If you knew our history you'd know I have no reason to defend him and vice versa, but I'll tell you one thing for nothing, he's nobodies fool.
Dave

goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

i appreciate that dave, however people shouldn't be sitting behind keyboards spouting off the mindless dribble when they haven't ever met the person they are slagging off. it may just come back to bite them
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Try being an Administrator on here lol. I've had years of the same kind of thing from people that have never had the balls to say it to my face but you learn to live with it. I've got a lot of respect for Merse because he's one of the few who stands behind everything he says.

Anyway, he's an old codger now, rise above it. Try being a Head Doorman, now that requires the patience of a Saint 😉
Dave

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 18:53 I've got a lot of respect for Merse because he's one of the few who stands behind everything he says.

Anyway, he's an old codger now,
So is Donald Trump and he's got his finger on the nuclear button. Does his age make him less dangerous? Just saying.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Do you really think Trump is the one with his finger on the button?
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 18:28
Do I really need to point out the obvious?

I'd be much happier than most to move on from talking about our previous management. I'm not the one that keeps bringing him up but I'm also not going to sit back and ignore the unfair criticism he gets from people.

If you want to continue with such a blinkered outlook then you would be better off ignoring my posts. Just look at the Steve Breed thread, that'll explain why the budget makes a difference and also highlight some of the difficulties he had trying to assemble a team, let alone a squad.
Ok king Kev may have had some difficulties assembling a squad of players on a tiny budget, but no way is that an excuse for signing crocked players, players too old & past it to cut it this league , there are plenty of ' up for it ' youngsters gagging for a chance to prove themselves , what's the worst that could happen ? A season or two of struggle ? So what's new ? Or am I being blinkered ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I stopped reading at King Kev.....
Dave

Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 19:50 I stopped reading at King Kev.....
Get a room 😀
Tust member 191
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Mattpuma wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 19:51 Get a room 😀
No point in that , wouldn't be allowed to have an opinion
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 19:58 No point in that , wouldn't be allowed to have an opinion
My favourite thing on the internet: people arguing with others on a forum and then bleating that they're not allowed an opinion! :rofl: The beauty of forums: everyone gets to voice their opinion...and everyone gets to have their opinion challenged. :)