Super Kev To You

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 19:12 Do you really think Trump is the one with his finger on the button?
One sincerely hopes not! ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

madgull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 20:46 My favourite thing on the internet: people arguing with others on a forum and then bleating that they're not allowed an opinion! :rofl: The beauty of forums: everyone gets to voice their opinion...and everyone gets to have their opinion challenged. :)
Much better than the long post I wrote before deciding it wasn't worth the time it took to write let alone read it back through, cheers.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not mindless dribble its mindless drivel. Your postings are just completely idiotic.

There is only one budget in a season not three or four and the primary reason that we are in this mess is because Nicholson wasted his in the close season.

It matters not whether you think Nicholson/Owers is at fault but of you think Nicholson is the better manager because he kept us up twice before you are nuts.

If you cannot grasp that a contributory factor to our current plight is that we are hamstrung by having to pay rubbish players like Pittman and Co plus permanent sicknotes like Gowling, Clarke and Gosling and its bloody obvious that way more than half of Nicos signings were unfit for purpose, then I really do give up.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Thought you already had?
Dave

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 22:53 There is only one budget in a season
That is correct, However a budget can increase or decrease substantially.

I think we are now well versed on the clubs limited budget under the clubs former owners, which was so low it even led to the club being listed on the government 'name and shame' list for failing to pay the minimum wage to some of it's staff.

in the early stages of this season we saw a substantial budget increase in excess of £200,000 to cover the compensation to buy out Gary Owers two year deal at Bath City and also to pay up the three-year contracts of Nicholson and Herria given by the club’s former owners in 2016. In fairness at the beginning of this season United’s player-budget was increased, but I understand (in fact I know) that Owers upon his appointment was given even more cash to spend on contract wages and/or loan signings

One budget a season maybe, but Owers balanced budget (unlike Nichos 'great escape' seasons) does not appear to mean that revenues are expected to equal expenses. To that point, Owers arrived to a fanfare after our seventh defeat of the season at Bromley (3-1), bottom of the NL table and already eight points adrift of safety, and has subsequently made 22 signings, keep us in the relegation zone, still eight points adrift from safety.

So are we in this mess just because Nicholson wasted his limited budget in the close season or because Owers wasted his substantially increased budget during the season. I understand why Nicho left but the question for me now is why is Owers still here - go figure.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Nicholson was sacked in September i think? Owers has brought in more players than God knows what, has had nearly 6 months to improve a side in a league which half of the teams in it are absolute dogshite and yet the club are second bottom. If Nicholson is a poor manager which he may be, Owers is absolutely rank.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if Merse, Brucie, SG Dave or most on this forum would have had the opportunity that Owers has had and managed the team for 6 months then the worst they could manage would be one place below what bloody Owers has 'managed' to 'achieve'.

Owers is an abomination of a football manager. Totally inept. It's nearly March. How can Nico still be blamed for the club being 2nd bottom?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 11:08
Owers is an abomination of a football manager.
Steady on my good fellow. I am sure, just like Nicho, Owers is trying his best. It's just sometimes one's best is just not good enough.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

MellowYellow wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 11:18 Steady on my good fellow. I am sure just like Nicho, Owers is trying his best. It's just sometimes one's best is just not good enough.

Lol yea just a bit over the top. I'm sure he is a good football coach and manager in many areas. Has he done well enough here or elsewhere to warrant national league status is another .
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

He's paid to deliver results and mid table security at the very least. Whether he's trying his best or not is irrelevant. I could get a job as a surgeon and try my best but the likelihood is that all my patients would die as i would be completely clueless at performing operations despite trying hard.

As a person i'm not passing comment but as a paid professional he's appalling.

I think that's fair tbh.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You are a complete fecking idiot tbh.

Whoever you think is the better manager its plain as the nose on anyones face that the budget is provided in the close season for the manager to assemble a squad.

Do you seriously think that Owers has given more money than that original budget then you are more loony than Martin Ling. How the **** was Owers going to get us to mid table security when we were tailed off by the time he got here

Why don't you do us all a favour and feck off and support York City again.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I take it you disagree with me then? ;-) :lol:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

brucie wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 11:46

Do you seriously think that Owers has given more money than that original budget then you are more loony than Martin Ling.
As much as I am against the creation of sacred cows at this club, that was a little uncalled for.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 11:46
Do you seriously think that Owers has given more money than that original budget
Contrary to popular belief he was. Upon his appointment was given even more cash to spend on contract wages and/or loan signings - 22 of them to date. Do you not question why Owers cannot not assemble a winning team out of the 22 players he signed instead of relying on Nicholson/Herrera old brigade of contracted/loan players or as you say 'inept load of players' such as Davis, McGinty, Young, Gowling, Efete, Dowling etc. even Reid and Williams to an extent although the latter two's current contracts were issued by Owers - O' the irony!

And to cap it all Owers now has the audacity to lay all the blame on the Dagenham defeat on the Torquay United's players. I'm not trying to say they are totally blameless but what of the atrocious lack of managerial tactical awareness - Mr Owers? Not a whisper! Mr Owers your defence of the good old 'not me Guv' syndrome, is deceiving no-one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43113104
Last edited by MellowYellow on 19 Feb 2018, 13:09, edited 4 times in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Don't confuse him with facts Mellow, if he didn't hear it on the radio it didn't happen. Talk about being out of touch with reality. Nicholson actually left plenty in his budget for a rainy day but that doesn't sit well with Brucie as he put all his hopes on Owers who has proved to be about as clueless as a North Devon gambler 😉
Dave

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I see in the programme countdown of our greatest players of all time, Kevin Nicholson was voted the 7th
best ever fullback, I dont think so , depends how old you are I suppose. Brian McGlinchey was 17th , think they
got them mixed up. Bill Kitchener number one for me