Super Kev To You

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tomogull wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 17:25 Personally, I think it would be to Nicho's interest in the long run if he took a step back and went for an assistant manager's post with an experienced manager at a club WHERE THE CHAIRMAN TAKES AN INTEREST !!!!
Maybe he should consider his CV and try to emulate what Fullarton has on his.....'an extensive knowledge of the game, a vast recruitment network and is a pro-license coach' ~ wouldn't have cut any ice with the Dave Phillips board I know but now Nicho's having to compete for a manaerial role in the real world.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Personally glad he didn't get that particular job as the omens for us would have been too much to suffer if it came to a dogfight between us and Halifax for survival. Not that I think we have a cat in hells chance of avoiding the drop the way things stand.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Well if you want to be a manager then you have to have a 'have boots will travel' attitude becasue sitting in the deep Westcountry has nothing to recommend it in that game.

I think also; that if he wants to come back from getting sacked at a club like Torquay United then he needs to look at improving his CV and considering a number 2/coaching role within the game. It's hard ~ very hard ~ to get another management job when an obscurely located club like Torquay dispense with you; but if he really wants to get on and put his career first then getting away from the area is a must in my opinion.

He must be feeling rather desolate and desperate now and I hope he does get that foothold back in the pro' game; but it is never easy.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 18:13 Well if you want to be a manager then you have to have a 'have boots will travel' attitude becasue sitting in the deep Westcountry has nothing to recommend it in that game.

I think also; that if he wants to come back from getting sacked at a club like Torquay United then he needs to look at improving his CV and [highlight=yellow]considering a number 2/coaching role within the game[/highlight]. It's hard ~ very hard ~ to get another management job when an obscurely located club like Torquay dispense with you; but if he really wants to get on and put his career first then getting away from the area is a must in my opinion.

He must be feeling rather desolate and desperate now and I hope he does get that foothold back in the pro' game; but it is never easy.
aka Alan Knill......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 17:13 Not sure what to make of this one particularly after his first managerial job at Notts County where he was sacked after 70 days after fans held protests calling for his sacking.
There are those who will tell you his big problem at Notts was Guy Branston and the crap job he was doing signing the players that he had to coach.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Teigngull wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 18:53 Bill Kitchener , a bit early for me so can't comment, but Twitch #1 , Gibbs & Gurney best pair of fulbacks in my time .

Repaired your post for you (SG)

Appreciated SG tvm
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

So was it assumed that Nicholson had the Halifax job? There seemed to be postings from those ‘in the know’ suggesting he had, and that he was going to get a much bigger budget. What led people to think that?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I stated he was down to the last three which he was. Someone on the Halifax forum said he had it. Their budget was good and much higher than I thought.

Not sure what anyone else wrote.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

That's probably why he didn't get the job in the end. Someone from Halifax actually woke up and saw what he did with our budget.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

He can apply for Hartlepool job
Lucy
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Bookmakers have Paul Ince (former Manchester and Liverpool star) as 2-5 favourite to take the Hartlepool job.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-9028401