Torquay United v Dagenham and Redbridge - Matchday thread - 17/02/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

........and now Solihull winning.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Yep. Solihull, Chester, Barrow, Hartlepool and Orient all winning.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

oh dear 0-3.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by Eirik »

Are we really that dependent on Gowling being in the team? We seem to be a different side with him playing.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

rickl wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 16:51 Are we really that dependent on Gowling being in the team? We seem to be a different side with him playing.
I think we are. Results with him and without him show a marked contrast.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 0-3
oh dear, well on to the next game......
chester. Solihull, barrow have won

TUST Member 468

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Rjc70 wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 16:53 I think we are. Results with him and without him show a marked contrast.
With Gowling starting W4 D5 L6. Without W2 D4 L13.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Rjc70 wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 16:53 I think we are. Results with him and without him show a marked contrast.
I disagree, I think it’s more the fact we are missing Romain. Having him in this side has seemed to gee everyone up all over the park and his work rate is unreal. He seems to unsettle sides
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yet if you listen to some idiots he was a poor signing......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Wasnt at the game but my dad who has been going for 63 years has told me on the phone the players had no control and no skill apart from a couple huffing and puffing was a dismal and relegation doomed display.
He is old school generation who never give up hope it based on that it's not looking good. Still hope but 3 nil bashing just knocks you for six
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Terrible performance
Terrible tactics
Terrible players
Not one tufc player was any good!!
Completely shite!!!
How can it be so different from the last home game? It’s shocking
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well things didn't improve in the second half. Dagenham, bigger, stronger, more physical, well organised at the back, as said at HT, played some good football as well, beaten by a much better side on the day.

We've really missed Romain today, his strength and hold up play would have been vital, as a result nothing stuck up front, allowing Dagenham to totally boss the midfield. Dowling, though he should have had a free kick, didn't get it, so in frustration makes a rash challenge gets booked, left him ineffectual on the game, both our full backs today were poor.

This doesn't change anything I know, but Dagenham's 3rd goal should not have stood, the player clearly controlled the ball with his hand right in front of the linesman who gave nothing.

Officials poor, our performance poor, with a disallowed goal, and Daggers hitting our crossbar twice, could maybe should have been tanking, we can only move on, probably too much to do now with other results.
Formerly known as forevertufc
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Really really poor. Luke Young tried hard but ended up frustrated at the incompetence around him. Full backs were beyond awful. Reid looked like he couldn’t give a fcuk. Dowling was lost. Daggers didn’t have to get out of first gear. Wasted opportunity to end the season with some fight.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well the glimmer of hope has been extinguished now, comprehensively outplayed today by a much better team
Quite what Dagenham have been doing for the last 5 games I dont know. Stronger, quicker , sharper in thought
and action. They were at us from the start and never let up, we kept giving the ball back to them, a lot of hoofing
from McGinty to no-one, and a Benyon like performance from Williams falling over a lot, he has to do better than
that. Really cant see any hope now especially after watching that

and action.We were pretty clueless today creatively, a lot of hoofing again from McGinty. Reid is not a goalscorer,

and a Benyon like performance from Williams, falling over most of the time, he has got to do better than that

The other results rubbed salt in, really cant see any hope now especially after watching that
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Dagenham needed to do very little to take the points. A Weak, spinless performance. Grim!!!!!
At one nil down I expected to see a reaction. Totally the opposite. We're doomed.