Web Site

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Web Site

Post by DB57 »

Is there any other football club, professional or otherwise, anywhere, that has as their front page to their website a picture of some lady's hand holding a photocopy of a lunch menu?

We really must be head and shoulders above everybody else for the poorest and most laughable website in the world of sport, - and beyond.

I just don't get it, unless somebody can enlighten me.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

At least it reminds us of players no longer at the club.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

It is a nice hand though

Could be worse, could be Harrop's hand with BBQ sauce stains all over it.
dazmangull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by dazmangull »

Shock horror gulls fans find something else to bitch about! Why not sit your arse on the arm chair and support a premier league club!?! #startingtogetembarrassing
TUST number 074
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

dazmangull wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 20:01 Shock horror gulls fans find something else to bitch about! Why not sit your arse on the arm chair and support a premier league club!?! #startingtogetembarrassing
Actually DB has a vaild point. The football club is still operated on the premise of being a full time PROFESSIONAL one so maybe it should convey itself to the outside world as being so now and again. Starting with the website which is the first point of contact to the club for many people still and it's full of trivial stuff. Yes it's been rebranded but the content is poor and often trivial things take precedence over things more pressing.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I don't see the problem. Who regularly looks at the website and why?

What information do you expect to find that you probably don't already know? I only look for the fixtures, anything else is irrelevant to me.

Storm in a tea cup. Move on.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

dazmangull wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 20:01 Shock horror gulls fans find something else to bitch about! Why not sit your arse on the arm chair and support a premier league club!?! #startingtogetembarrassing
Exactly we are GULLS FANS , not Man U, Chelsea ,Liverpool etc so why would we park our arses on an armchair ?
These issues all add up to the amateurish way this club has been run in recent times, attention to detail is everything, so if Geoffrey Harrop is right, potential "local business people being offered a place on the board " need to see a smart professional organisation, not what the wishy washy clueless morons are insinuating us to be .
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

To be honest, mate, I don't think the "arm chair supporters" care about their "club's" website, that's the difference.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Put GILBERT on the cover.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Yes - who is the 'new' Gilbert anyway? The old one resigned didn't he? Looking at the latest video clips there is Gilbert, large as life.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

the main picture is the latest thing added to the website, refresh an hour later and it could be something else, bit of a non point.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Absolutely inane thread.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 14 Feb 2018, 11:26 the main picture is the latest thing added to the website, refresh an hour later and it could be something else, bit of a non point.
:goodpost: This.

It's the latest article which happens to be regarding hospitality. The photo is entirely relevant.

Strange thread.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The current website is a massive improvement on the useless one that preceded it. It may not be 100% up-to-date in certain areas but other than that it seems decent to me.

Certainly there are things that needs fans attention far more than someone crying about a picture which is used (and relevant) to advertise a hospitality package....

Nothing to see here!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I can't see maximising the website for marketing what the club has to sell as anything worth hammering them for......it's what the ruddy thing's for isn't it?