Just in case you didn't know Geoff .......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Just in case you didn't know Geoff .......

Post by Teigngull »

Ok then Mr Geoffrey Harrop I know you read these forums so.......
I've now had the pleasure of perusing some of your comments through the 'let's chuck our toys out the pram' article produced by Jim Parker EDITOR of the local paper known as the Herald Express.
I would like to take you to task on the fact that you say Fleetwood Town FC , M K Dons & Colchester United have had new stadiums built....
1, Fleetwood TownF FC have been situated at their Highbury Ground ( owned by Wyre borough council & leased back to the football club )since 1939 , that is a term of 79 years by my reckoning so for you to say they are in a brand new stadium is at best mis leading , they have re developed the ground over the years but not moved sites at all. Incidentally, Plainmoor has also been re developed over the years but I don't hear you saying TUFC are in a NEW STADIUM.

2, Stadium MK, is the home of Franchise FC also known as MK Dons FC, The stadium was built to accommodate MK Dons when Wimbledon FC were mugged & ransacked of their name & history when in 2004 it renamed themselves MK Dons, subsequently AFC Wimbledon were formed & the rest is history as they say.
Pete Winkleman is the chairman of MK Dons & admitted in 2011 he knows nothing about football but he is a property developer & is MD of Inter MK Group, can you see the familiarity here people ? There is a pattern forming.
Pete Winkleman has also had the highest available ceremonial honour bestowed on him from Milton Keynes council ' the freedom of the borough of Milton Keynes ' so how's your luck ?

3, Colchester community stadium, now known as the Weston Homes Community Stadium due to sponsorship, was brought about mainly because of the Bradford disaster closing the majority of Layer road reducing its capacity drastically, ok fair enough the club made the best of a bad job & over stayed the practical use of Layer Road, Torquay are not in this situation & never will be at P!ainmoor. Colchester borough council had set up a stadium working party in 1976, so a new stadium was always in the pipeline it just tooknigh on 30 years to build it !
The Colchester Community Stadium was a JOINT venture between Colchester borough council & the football club funds were secured by a loan from the council, east of England development agency, the department of communities , local government & the football foundations football stadia improvement fund.

This information or similar could've been printed by Mr Parker ,one thing springs to mind though Geoff, Colchesters new ground is situated at a place called CUCKOO FARM, why oh why do you continue to live in CLOUD CUCKOO LAND with this stupid idea, NOBODY WANTS IT GEOFF, NOBODY.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Well when you speak facts have them right. 4 week Harrop !!!!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Geoff? Is that you?

We're not moaning for the sake of moaning. We want to know the answers to some very important and simple questions.

1. Why do we not have fan representation on the board, still!

2. Why do we need to go to a new stadium and what commercial benefits would the said stadium bring vs Plainmoor?

3. What is the 5 year plan and how can it be achieved?

4. Why are we bottom of the National League?

5. Why do GI want to be involved with Torquay United - Clarke Osbourne doesn't strike me as a Torquay Fan or even a football fan, so why are they here?

Simon Sinek says start with WHY - have a watch -
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Non-Member wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 21:33 Leave the poor guy alone....
Leave the poor guy alone ! Why ? If you're going to quote facts in the press then surely it would pay to do your homework & get the facts correct ?
I suppose you're one of the few fans left who think Osborne & harrop are the Wight knights riding in on horse back to rescue the club out of the goodness of their hearts, I've got news for you sunshine & because you've bothered to criticise all of my hard work in putting Harrop correct on his so called facts I'll attempt to steer you in the right direction, you may choose to ignore it but that's on your head.
Clarke Osborne has a history in riding in on sports clubs & promising the world e.g. Hereford United Bristol Rovers Swindon Speedway etc etc unfortunately for the people who believed his promises their 'historical homes 'are taken & never replaced or the money loaned to help out in a dodgy period is to be paid back with interest or penalties .
Why do you think it will be any different at TUFC ?
The man is a property developer who admits he knows nothing about football but the turns round & says we need a new stadium. He is in it for the money ,a handsome PROFIT awaits Mr Osborne if he gets his way & more than likely heavy unpayable debt for TUFC & then the likes of won't want to know when we turn round & tell you ,you were warned.
So my friend I'll get it in early, beware he who comes baring gifts & the henchmen with it.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Non-Member wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 21:33 Leave the poor guy alone ...........
yeah we do.

some that need to wake up and smell the coffee.... (hint, hint)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Non-Member wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 21:33 Leave the poor guy alone...........
Yeah, poor Geoff, I feel so very sorry for him.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 22:19 Yeah, poor Geoff, I feel so very sorry for him.
I do too Scotty.....

I hear that his fave kebab shop has been closed down.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 22:15 yeah we do.

some that need to wake up and smell the coffee.... (hint, hint)
:goodpost:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 22:22

I do too Scotty.....

I hear that his fave kebab shop has been closed down.

Why is that , has he eaten it all.

Get to westyorkshire Geoff there are 1000s of kebab shops