TUFC Articles, The Truth Is Finally Out.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yorkieandy wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 13:09 If you go on the Welsh football tab on their website, as i often too because i like Llandudno FC, then you'll quickly find that it's all about the 4 English based teams (Swansea / Cardiff / Newport / Wrexham) with next to nothing about Welsh football other than the league table.

I agree that the other leagues are covered but IMO the gap between the exposure and coverage for the Premier League against the other leagues is huge. This is accounting for the fact that obviously the Prem is a massive amount bigger than league 2 say but i think the lower leagues could be given a lot more coverage and exposure than they are. [highlight=yellow]So whilst i'd agree that it is adequate coverage for the lower leagues[/highlight], it certainly isn't what i would call comprehensive.
So not quite "anything outside the Premier League doesn't exist" ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

:lol:

Yes. I see your point.

I think i was unknowingly exaggerating a bit. :clown:
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Good article BBC! Will we get the responses and answers we deserve now from CO and GH?
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Midlandgull wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 21:31 Good article BBC! Will we get the responses and answers we deserve now from CO and GH?
No chance. We will only get answers once whatever deed they end up executing are done & dusted. Only then will we know whether we have a football club left behind.

However, huge congratulations and thanks to everyone who is helping keep up the pressure, especially those behind the excellent BBC article which hopefully will prove to be a springboard for whatever may be needed in the future as and when CO starts to show more of his actual cards.

In the meantime, if we get anything at all from our illustrious leaders you can bet your life it will be more of the same, little substance and increasingly anti-supporter undertones.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

We will get the same as Swindon, Poole and Bristol Rovers.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Dazza wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 18:24 We will get the same as Swindon, Poole and Bristol Rovers.
Or Reading and Milton Keynes?

Haldonrambler has unearthed more in relation to Swindon today. The 2000 plan boasted of acres of free parking; multi-use modern stadium on a separate site and youth training facilities. Anyone heard those words in the Herald Express or on the OS recently?

The 2018 Swindon version has yet more houses, the latest being on the previously proposed new stadium site; pre-fabs on the existing site, restricted parking and no mention of youth training facilities.

The latest plan appears also to have hit some snags. Best laid plans.