TUFC Articles, The Truth Is Finally Out.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

TUFC Articles, The Truth Is Finally Out.

Post by Plymouth Gull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42958113

Nice to see this this morning, so well done to those involved. We need to continue to push and get it out nationally so people see our situation. Obviously the Guardian last season helped a lot, and this will no doubt get some traffic too.

Of course, other football sites (such as the 200% article linked a while back) may run pieces on us if we can get them to, so I figured one thread to keep them all in would be a good idea.

Re this article, Harrop has basically said absolutely nothing. Shock.

Keep working, everyone.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

BBC Radio Devon are running a special report on the club this morning. I've no idea what time but I imagine it'll be accessible online afterwards too?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Listened to the radio Devon online as I do every morning , living in Yorkshire for half my life it really helps me keep to my roots.
Laura James who does the early show at 5.30 mentioned it on the news. I will be looking out for this piece on radio Devon , I'm home all day so will try to catch it but have some work to do outside so perhaps can we all keep our ears open

Looks like the great work done by several people on here and the Penn inn site has now reached the media people.
We should all be united on both forums and I'm thankful to some of the stuff done by a intelligent bunch.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Well, at last a decent piece of journalism, surprisingly performed by the BBC.....

I wonder what Osborne will say about this....????

But frankly, who cares?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42958113
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Are you watching HE, are you watching HE. Well Mr Parker over to you!

Brilliant piece of journalism.

so do Torquay have a plan should they go down?

"I'd be not being truthful if I said I haven't thought about it," said Harrop.

Fair comment - 'not being truthful' I mean why change a habit of a lifetime.

But exactly what is their thinking if the club go down?
Last edited by MellowYellow on 08 Feb 2018, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yes; it's taken almost two years before this subject is being publicised with the full attention it deserves.......that's how easy it has been for Osborne and GI to slither in and build a vipers' nest in sleepy old Torquay......

Brent Pilnick ~ the first local journalist to treat this matter with the gravitas it deserves, all the hard work has been about and in the best interests of Torquay United and the community.......

I reported on BTPIR last night that Brent had been 'lurking' on there (that's registering; reading but not posting) and got the impression recently that he has been away for a while.

I have been less than complimentary about both Pilnick and the Beeb on here and there along with several others in the past, but this excellent piece begins to address the issues we have had with the nation's broadcaster and only goes further to highlight the total dereliction of duty of the Herald Express; the stinking, condescending and ignorant attitude their editor Jim Parker holds towards us and the long running refusal of Dave Thomas to even approach many of the issues we want brought to the public's attention.

Unfortunately for Osborne, Kevin Foster has hands on experience of malevolent football club ownership ~ he's a Coventry City fan and former city councillor in the home of the Sky Blues ~ he's no Justin Tomlinson who meekly tugs his forelock to GI in Swindon.

At the end of the day; the people of Swindon will get what the elected representatives of the people of Swindon allow; and WE are doing all we can to ensure that the elected representatives and those who elect them in Torbay are as fully informed about Clarke Osborne as is possible and certainly a lot more fully than the Quisling Dave Thomas is trying to keep them.

The campaign goes on; it must go on and until everybody with an inside knowledge of all this is dragged kicking and screaming into the open.

Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/pos ... z56VQAmXb3
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Two threads running on this; can they be consolidated please?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I second that motion
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Its great piece and the people who have been digging and banging on about this have been totally vindicated. Penn in guys and people on here well done.
But as merse says ...must carry on digging and banging the drum

This must just be the start
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Better late than never i guess.

Surprising because to the BBC, anything outside the Premier League doesn't exist.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Well thats makes it even more startling yorkie......

Waiting for the tufc official response ....no doubt what so ever we won't get osborne speaking it will be his whipping boys propergander machine
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yorkieandy wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 09:31

Surprising because to the BBC, anything outside the Premier League doesn't exist.
I know it's trendy to knock the BBC but I'm not sure that's entirely fair.

The BBC website is the only place on the internet (as far as I am aware) with pages devoted to the Premier league, each division of the Football league and National league with individual pages for each club. Plus pages for Scottish, Welsh and Irish football.

Pretty comprehensive coverage in my eyes.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Oh how nice it is to see things in print at last.

Fair play to Kevin Foster too.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The reason BBC Sport requested Brent Pilnick to write this piece was purely and simply because Mr. Osborne refused to even return phone calls from BBC Radio Devon requesting an interview.

It is my understanding from a reliable source that Mr Osborne dislikes BBC Radio Devon which puzzles me as they Broadcast commentary on most if not all of United's matches.

The BBC may not be perfect but it is an important organisation in this country and widely respected around the world. Come on Mr Osborne if you are a serious businessman you have to engage with the media unless of course you have something to hide!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jerry wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 09:51 I know it's trendy to knock the BBC but I'm not sure that's entirely fair.

The BBC website is the only place on the internet (as far as I am aware) with pages devoted to the Premier league, each division of the Football league and National league with individual pages for each club. Plus pages for Scottish, Welsh and Irish football.

Pretty comprehensive coverage in my eyes.
If you go on the Welsh football tab on their website, as i often too because i like Llandudno FC, then you'll quickly find that it's all about the 4 English based teams (Swansea / Cardiff / Newport / Wrexham) with next to nothing about Welsh football other than the league table.

I agree that the other leagues are covered but IMO the gap between the exposure and coverage for the Premier League against the other leagues is huge. This is accounting for the fact that obviously the Prem is a massive amount bigger than league 2 say but i think the lower leagues could be given a lot more coverage and exposure than they are. So whilst i'd agree that it is adequate coverage for the lower leagues, it certainly isn't what i would call comprehensive.