Current Form in the National League.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Current Form in the National League.

Post by portugull »

I have just been looking at the League Table on the BBC Sport Football Website.

It also details the last 5 games for each Club Win Lose or Draw.

What is interesting is that the bottom 8 Clubs, excluding inform Solihull, have played 40 games between them and unbelievably won just 4 games!!

I think it proves that if we can start a good run we could catch some Clubs who seem to be in a really bad run of form including Chester and Hartlepool who must be thinking "will I get paid this month"

We must not give up hope and I detect the players are feeling more confident and determined helped by the Yellow Army who support them Away. Great credit to all of you who follow United around the Country. COYY.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Flipside some of those teams will hit form. Which is exactly we have to do to stand any chance. Must get 3 points on Saturday for me , every game now must feel like last chance saloon.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 17:58 Flipside some of those teams will hit form. Which is exactly we have to do to stand any chance. Must get 3 points on Saturday for me , every game now must feel like last chance saloon.
Part-time Maidenhead made the long trip to Stockport yesterday and conceded 2 goals in the last ten minutes against ten men to go to extra time where they eventually lost 3-2. Hopefully they will be mentally and physically drained after that.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Doesn't always work like that jerry but agree let's hope so. As far as I'm concerned the whole seasons pins on Saturday and I would hope the team feel that way. We have few get out jail cards left
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

There is still hope! COYY
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 18:34 Doesn't always work like that jerry but agree let's hope so. As far as I'm concerned the whole seasons pins on Saturday and I would hope the team feel that way. We have few get out jail cards left
It did on last Saturday and will on a few more (unless the cause is lost). But we can't and don't have to win every game. A draw at Maidenhead & beating Dagenham wouldn't be the end of the world but two wins could make things look an awful lot better. If we'd have lost to Barrow that would have been it, but winning not only gave us renewed hope & impetus but also brought us 3 points closer to one of our major rivals. Barrow was a must win, a few others may be that too, but then we'll need say 6 wins out of 10 or something and the actual games we win might be less important.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

portugull wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 17:02 I have just been looking at the League Table on the BBC Sport Football Website.

It also details the last 5 games for each Club Win Lose or Draw.

What is interesting is that the bottom 8 Clubs, excluding inform Solihull, have played 40 games between them and unbelievably won just 4 games!!

I think it proves that if we can start a good run we could catch some Clubs who seem to be in a really bad run of form including Chester and Hartlepool who must be thinking "will I get paid this month"

We must not give up hope and I detect the players are feeling more confident and determined helped by the Yellow Army who support them Away. Great credit to all of you who follow United around the Country. COYY.
A link would be great. However we are at a stage where I feel looking at the league table is irrelevant, we have to concentrate on winning matches and between 8-9/14 is the minimum requirement. Maidenhead on Saturday has to return 3 points.
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Agree lucy. Must win Saturday. That's not throwing a point away if pushes comes to shove. But we 24 hours before game , players but believe
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 20:57 Agree lucy. Must win Saturday. That's not throwing a point away if pushes comes to shove. But we 24 hours before game , players but believe
What does the last sentence mean ?
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Oh dear...i think it said something along the along the line that 4 points from 2 games would be ok if that's what it was

f we knew now. Bit like Macclesfields point now seems a lot better.

No more gin for me
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 21:49 Oh dear...i think it said something along the along the line that 4 points from 2 games would be ok if that's what it was

f we knew now. Bit like Macclesfields point now seems a lot better.

No more gin for me
Have you tried the pink gin, if we can sell pink gin in Middleton JDW then the worlds the oyster.
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

lucy6lucy wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 22:20 Have you tried the pink gin, if we can sell pink gin in Middleton JDW then the worlds the oyster.
Lucy yes I brought a bottle from cleckheaton farmers market before Xmas , not actually a massive gin fan but they say its a fashionable drink so giving it a go. I enjoyed that bottle , actually brought some pink Indian tonic water to go with it.

More of a real ale fan really.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Cleckheaton Farmers Market just sounds like it belongs on Alan Partridge.

Something like, "Mullet headed Pat Sharp from Funhouse to host Festive Food Fair at Cleckheaton Farmers Market. Must NOT. Repeat NOT turn into a free for all" :clap:

About the current form. I don't subscribe to this talk of needing to get to X amount of points therefore X amount of games need to be won. All we need to do is accumulate more points than the team 4th from bottom. If the teams around us don't win another game all season then why would we need an estimated X number of points.

The old adage is true here : take each game as it comes and try to win every single one of them. Hopefully come the end of the season we'll have more than 4th bottom and stay up. However many points is irrelevant and cannot be predicted.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

I think we all agreed that Barrow was a must Win, Lost that and even the most optimistic would have feared the worst. I really think the Maidenhead game is not a must win game but a must not lose game.. If we avoid defeat we gain more momentum, Confidence going into our 3 home games. The mood of everyone team fans has changed somewhat since that horrific home game against Bromley!!!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Remember inc draws only a limited amount of loss available. For me everygane much be approached and executed with a winning mentality