Current Form in the National League.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

After today's games we now have 6 Clubs in the bottom 9 who have failed to win a single game out of the last 5 fixtures.

They are Maidstone,Halifax, Hartlepool,Barrow,Chester and Guiseley.

Also Dagenham have lost 5 in a row and are due at Plainmoor next Saturday.
Guiseley have also lost 5 in a row.

Having taken 7 points from the last 9 can we beat Dagenham, Sutton and AFC Fylde and take 16 from 18. This would really give us a chance and remember we beat Sutton 1-0 away when they were top of the League.
Paignton boy

Post by Paignton boy »

Then after that we have Maidstone, Orient, Solihull Moors, Chester and Guisley so if we can win say 2 out of our next three home games I think we have a chance!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 19:46 After today's games we now have 6 Clubs in the bottom 9 who have failed to win a single game out of the last 5 fixtures.

Having taken 7 points from the last 9 can we beat Dagenham, Sutton and AFC Fylde and take 16 from 18. This would really give us a chance and remember we beat Sutton 1-0 away when they were top of the League.
I hope those straws you are clutching aren't plastic, Portugull ......... ;-)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

One game at a time. That's the best logic.
Lucy
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Like It tomogull!!!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

portugull wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 19:46 After today's games we now have 6 Clubs in the bottom 9 who have failed to win a single game out of the last 5 fixtures.

Having Gowling fit and keeping Romain would help.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

We need Sutton to play well and get a result on tuesday (Barrow) but not the following tuesday, we do need
Barrow , Hartlepool, Halifax to drop points (and hope 47/ 48 may be enough) or they could easily get away from us
with a couple of wins
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Also in the equation is that Hartlepool are close to administration and - 10 points.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

nickbrod wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 20:33 Also in the equation is that Hartlepool are close to administration and - 10 points.
I thought the threat had been removed by the supporters appeal for funds?
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

Can elliott romain play against dagenham ??
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

He's not eligible to play as he's on loan from his parent club. He could play if he was a permanent signing.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Modgull wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 08:24 I thought the threat had been removed by the supporters appeal for funds?
The appeal fund is enough to continue to trade and fulfil fixtures for the month of February then they need a white knight to fund their ongoing monthly costs of a £150,000 plus to continue or go into administration. I hope they succeed, I don't want to escape relegation at the expense of Pools misfortune- we all know how it feels to be in their predicament.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 13:28I don't want to escape relegation at the expense of Pools misfortune- we all know how it feels to be in their predicament.
I'd take that any day!

I'm sorry but running your club efficiently off the field is every bit as important as organising it on the field properly and getting results ~ something that seems to have been lost around TQ1 for too long now as well.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

MellowYellow wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 13:28 The appeal fund is enough to continue to trade and fulfil fixtures for the month of February then they need a white knight to fund their ongoing monthly costs of a £150,000 plus to continue or go into administration. I hope they succeed, I don't want to escape relegation at the expense of Pools misfortune- we all know how it feels to be in their predicament.
Who are we to look a gift horse in the mouth ? When Stevenage were denied their place in the football league because their ground wasn't up to Football League standards in place of our good selves , did we say we felt sorry for them & wished it wasn't the case ?
No , of course we bloody well didn't , so I'm with Merse on this one, Hartlepool should put their house in order & run their club within their financial means, if that means certain delegations so be it.
We all have a budget to work or live to, if you have a £1 in your pocket by try & spend £10 ? My old man used go say if you borrowed a fiver it would cost a tenner to pay it back, my lesson was learned very quickly & I've lived by that motto ever since & I've never been rich or cash strapped either.
And this philosophy should be adopted by all lower league football clubs inc TUFC , then we might see competitive football at a reasonable price.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I meant relegation not delegations, bloody predictive text.