TUFC Twitter

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

TUFC Twitter

Post by Yorkieandy »

I don't use twitter personally but do view the official pages of many football clubs and i feel that whoever is responsible for the output needs to wake up a bit, learn some consideration for others and start giving the supporters more appreciation and coverage, especially at away games.

After the recent Wrexham game there was a brief sentence thanking the 67 fans who travelled for their support. That's it. On many clubs accounts they post many many pictures of the fans pre/post and during match and getting them together for photo's and exposure. It surely makes them feel valued, part of the club and appreciated for their efforts to travel?

If 67 fans bothered to travel to Wrexham to support then **** well let's see them then! All of them! Some holding their scarves proudly aloft, some hugging one another and waving, some queuing at the turnstiles, giving fans who aren't there and who view the twitter page to get some sense of togetherness going even though they aren't at the game. Just really bringing some life, vitality and reality into the posts rather than mundane one liners saying thanks that i doubt are even typed with any genuine meaning. These fans have made the effort to travel hundreds of miles in some cases and some bloke with a camera can't be arsed to take some pictures and put them on the internet! :@

Also the last away game at Macc. No pictures of any of the fans who made the effort to attend the game and no mention of how many etc. All we got was 'Thankyou for your support'. It ain't bloody good enough!!

Twitter is there to promote the club and it should be doing this by showing off it's greatest asset - THE FANS!!!!

Give them the exposure their superb, loyal support deserves instead of ignoring them like every other person at TUFC seems to do. The coverage and respect of the away support in particular on twitter is atrociously lacking and totally unacceptable. It's inconsiderate and lazy.

Just seen one now from Plainmoor showing a picture of the players warming up against the backdrop of an empty Bristows Bench. How about some pics of fans in Boots having a pint or fans in the club shop being served buying something? Maybe some kids with their parents with the thumbs up. Just anything to give the fans some fun and exposure. It's lifeless, mundane, dour, soul less - just like the running of the football club all over. Who wants to see a picture of a few players warming up and an empty stand?

Barrow meanwhile at least have a super short clip of some of their fans in the away end.

Yes i know it's not going to change much in the grand scheme of things but i feel it is important, social media is important to many obsessed youngsters and also to those less obsessed of all ages. It was just something i'd noticed when looking at other clubs twitter pages, most of them lower league too.

Twitter postings are free and you can tweet as much as you want so there is no excuse.

SORT THIS OUT FOR MAIDENHEAD! I expect better. A whole lot better.

Thank you.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Also biased too. According to the Barrow twitter they had had 2 excellent chances to score whereas the Torquay twitter doesn't even mention these chances. Trying to make things sound better than they are perhaps the Torquay twitter man? Maybe taking tips from CO and Geoff Harrop i don't doubt. :lol:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Looks like everyone's happy with the output or indifferent. I am surprised.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

If it's anything to do with our club then let's call it our TWATTER account
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I see the only thanks from the heart for the great support yesterday came from Brett Williams and nothing at all from TUFC much apart from a token generic thankyou.

Any pics of fans celebrating or with smiles on their faces? No. Of course there isn't. A perfect opportunity to PROPERLY acknowledge the support and visually spread a bit of positivity after a huge result not taken.

May i suggest using the platform to our advantage or just don't bother?

#takenforgranted :no:
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 14:20
SORT THIS OUT FOR MAIDENHEAD! I expect better. A whole lot better.

Thank you.
As you're addressing the club directly here I assume you've approached the them with these suggestions?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Shouldn't really need to tbh. Should be common sense.

Just shouting out load really. Why would i contact the club about anything anymore? I contacted them about a serious issue i had regarding disabilities and got zero response. Waste of time everyone down there at the moment when it comes to issues being raised and being ignored.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Maybe most fans use social media and twitter so much nowadays that they have become conditioned and numb to it all and have no higher expectations than just simply to be fed random meaningless short sentences and generic pictures that don't really have any impact or improve that sense of togetherness.

Social media is supposed to be a platform to bring people together yet the TUFC twitter feed is not being used in that manner. It's simply being used as a basic information source which is fantastic in itself, not knocking that at all but if there is so much more positivity and exposure social media could be giving your team / business / fans / customers then why wouldn't you make the effort? It's free too. #opportuntieswasted

Stand out from the crowd. Be unusual. Be unique. Play around with it. Use it to your advantage.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I agree to a extent and maybe I'm an exception because at 38 I've never used Twitter or Facebook , I've zero interest in Facebook as prefer to use a telephone or write a letter. However I do use YouTube and I find that content enough from tufc , bit of match footage with some interviews enjoyable. We live in a information overload society and I much prefer too see every ounce of energy concentrated on the pitch and the running of the club. All be it with our problems going on.

However guess people do use social media so it's a platform to see the club . For me everything hinges on the pitch.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

We're having a debate about how it's best to attract young fans and yet the social media presence is tired and drab.

Kids today cannot function without looking at their phone every 5 minutes so if that's the case then connect with them and make it count.

5 years ago i used to complain about the official website being absolutely dire and it still is and back then i had a valid point however there is no point in moaning about the OS anymore as nobody hardly views it now and those that do are likely be at the older end of the age spectrum. The time to act and improve the OS passed 5 years ago as things move so fast online and with kids and if you aren't part of it then you are failing.

This is also despite the rebranding of various things which is a step in the right direction.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

:)The official website is worse than the original , its friggin awful to navigate & all they seem to want to tell you is about booking the bloody match day meal ! This is Torquay United for god sake no Prawn sandwich brigade here maybe battered sausage :) & chips after the match at a push.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Although, like westyorks, I am not a fan of social media I have to agree with Andy that it is a very important aspect of young peoples lives nowadays and the club really need to invest in this area in order to reach out to the yoof.
Another more traditional way for getting the club noticed is by poster advertising forth coming matches. Enter Lewes FC posters into bing and look at the images of the posters that Lewes produce (and sell on their website). A little creativity can go a long way.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The Facebook page is terrible, Twitter is awful, the official website is atrocious, the treatment of supporters at the ticket office and in the ground is mundane, rude, abusive, lackluster and downright boring, it makes you feel unwelcome at your own club. The club shop and bartenders at either bars aren't much better, either. The attitude is beyond appalling and this has been the case for years and years and years. Once again, it all comes down to the running of the club.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Come in via my gate next time danny, I always try to make people welcome.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

gateman49 wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 17:49 Come in via my gate next time danny, I always try to make people welcome.

Do you know why that is? Because you're a fan and care about the club, the manager, the players and, most importantly, the supporters. We have too many people, including the guys at the top, who aren't fans. They are either there for a job or for their own interests. That's why I advocate for fan ownership. Sadly, I cannot see the TUFC fanbase to get together as one and do something about that.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.