You never know who is Watching.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

You never know who is Watching.

Post by portugull »

All professional footballers should remember that every time they step out to play someone might be scouting for a Premier League Club.

How about this? Afolayan from the mighty Solihull Moors 21st in the National League has been transferred to WEST HAM UNITED.

In season 2013/14 Angus MacDonald was playing at Salisbury City and has been a Championship player for the last 18 months.

The sad thing about Jamie Reid is that if he had taken some of the many chances he himself has created (like in the one on one at Macclesfield last Saturday) he could be playing at a higher level. He does have ability but the thing that is missing is that coolness of mind to place the ball were the keeper cannot reach it AND to hit the target.

I am posting to remind ALL our players that their status in Football can change very quickly if they can improve on the pitch. There are hundreds of examples every season.

In professional sport to be a winner you have to be hungry for success to succeed.Why are we bottom of the League?

There are many reasons but if we play Barrow today I want to see EVERY player playing to the very best of his ability.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I would have simply hoped that each player would want to do their absolute best out of respect for themselves more than anything.

After all. It's doubtful that a player without this would have respect for their employers or the fans that support them week in week out and thus that player becomes a liability.

So long as players such as these are identified quickly and removed from the football club asap then that allows other players who DO want to win at all costs opportunities to prove it.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I’m travelling down for my first game of 2018 and am hoping for 3 things:

1) The game is ON
2) Williams and Romain start up front
3) TUFC win the game

I’ll happily leave with my voice in tatters if all the above happen!

Bring it lads.

Let’s start the f*cking turnaround.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

It's the exact angle the club should use to sign players and they should be setting up a scouting network into the NLS/NLN and below to attract players looking to make a career. We can offer them playing in front of decent crowds, in one of the best stadiums in the league with amongst the best training facilities and the opportunity to get themselved noticed further up the pyramid. Unfortunately we've never bothered to do this, instead prioritised signing whatever journeyman players we can persuade to come down to the English Riviera and any players Argyle released - unfortunately with Argyle down on their fortunes that latter source of good players has dried up in quality somewhat.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

SenorDingDong wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 10:23 It's the exact angle the club should use to sign players and they should be setting up a scouting network into the NLS/NLN and below to attract players looking to make a career. We can offer them playing in front of decent crowds, in one of the best stadiums in the league with amongst the best training facilities and the opportunity to get themselved noticed further up the pyramid. Unfortunately we've never bothered to do this, instead prioritised signing whatever journeyman players we can persuade to come down to the English Riviera and any players Argyle released - unfortunately with Argyle down on their fortunes that latter source of good players has dried up in quality somewhat.
This is an excellent point and i agree. Far too many journeymen being brought in over the last 5,6,7 years and not helped by a conveyor belt of seemingly talented youngsters and loanees who on paper look the business but when push comes to shove they lack any substance or ability. I am amazed by the number of young players who get opportunities and fail to grasp them.