Chester & Hartlepool

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

How do you know he made a cock up with his squad assembly? How does anyone know what he'd have got from them? You're basing your opinion on 4 games and then how others managed his signings.

I'd offer the opinion that Owers recruitment has been far more extensive with pitiful return. To still be blaming Nicholson is absurd.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 02:36 No matter the cock up Nicholson made assembling his squad this summer, he probably didn't have enough money anyway to assemble a competitive squad.

The 'Nicho bashing' needs to come to an end and look to the future. Owers pretty much has his own squad, the 'blaming Nicholson for the position we are in' rhetoric needs to stop. Owers is the manager and he and only he is responsible for the team. However, he is in a nightmare situation with Osborne. Is the problem with Owers? I would argue, no. Why? Because it's the exact same situation as it was with Nicholson as manager. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, the problem with TUFC is and has been for many years, the basic running of the club. Managers have had a terrible time at our club. Budgets that are next-to-nothing to work with, which causes relegation scraps and when the budget increases, we can't attract the players because of where we are in the NL standings! This is all stems down to whoever is running the club. That needs to change. Before that does, everything will be the same and the club's demise will get worse.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Read the last paragraph in the context of the whole post.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Read your opening line.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Not good news for 'Pools fans.....

I'm sure Jeff will help bail them out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42975561
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468