Chester & Hartlepool

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
JonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Chester & Hartlepool

Post by JonGull »

I've read on various websites about Chester not being able to fund their club until the end of the season & we all know what's going on at Hartlepool.

I wondered if anyone knew what the odds on them actually getting a points deduction is. I believe this is our only hope of staying up, (and even then it's pretty unlikely)...

Thoughts?

:scarf:
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Ten point deductions for both teams would leave Hartlepool in the relegation zone - thus reducing the gap from safety marginally to nine points.

Liquidation would see both sets of club's results expunged from the league records, meaning the point we earned against Chester back in September will be removed.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Clutching at straws however at the moment, what else can we hope for.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Get what you say but I would feel no satisfaction at this. If I'm honest ill rather go down than be saved this way , only time is be happy if they had obviously cheated financially rather than simply going through hard times.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

:goodpost:
Tust member 191
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, what did happen to 'football fans united' personally like wish any Hartlepool and Chester fans reading our forum, all the best in fight to save your clubs. As for TUFC we've sown the seeds of our own demise, and should our likely relegation be confirmed, is will be truly deserved.

Maybe there should be a wider debate in football, about how there can be a situation, where just one weeks wages for a player at the top of the game could fund clubs at our level for a year, and could save all three clubs mentioned on this thread.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

The Hartlepool mail says it how it is for the club, no pushy footing around the situation , no way , quotes such as " EMBARRASSMENT of facing NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH football " , " Liquidation may save THIS SORRY BUNCH the shame " .
The players are accused of " not doing their jobs " , " a dereliction of duty " being " soft-shelled". Some are also accused of being part of " the WORST POOLS SIDE EVER ".

My point is this, can any of you honestly see Dave Thomas, Guy Henderson et al putting anything like this article about TUFC in the Herald Express ?
The reporter obviously is a 'Pools' fan & is hurting ( I honestly feel for him ) but what I find refreshing is he is able to tell it how he sees it & not afraid to bite the hand that feeds him & if it ruffles a few feathers then so be it.
Oh for a bit of passionate journalism from our ' local paper ' to spell it out to the non believers & especially where it matters , upset the applecart.
Link
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-8985502
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 19:25 The Hartlepool mail says it how it is for the club, no pushy footing around the situation , no way , quotes such as " EMBARRASSMENT of facing NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH football " , " Liquidation may save THIS SORRY BUNCH the shame " .
The players are accused of " not doing their jobs " , " a dereliction of duty " being " soft-shelled". Some are also accused of being part of " the WORST POOLS SIDE EVER ".

My point is this, can any of you honestly see Dave Thomas, Guy Henderson et al putting anything like this article about TUFC in the Herald Express ?
The reporter obviously is a 'Pools' fan & is hurting ( I honestly feel for him ) but what I find refreshing is he is able to tell it how he sees it & not afraid to bite the hand that feeds him & if it ruffles a few feathers then so be it.
[highlight=yellow]Oh for a bit of passionate journalism from our ' local paper ' to spell it out to the non believers & especially where it matters , upset the applecart.
[/highlight]Link
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-8985502
you've more chance of plaiting sh1t Teigngull....... :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

"At the moment there is a dereliction of duty. Too many are too soft-shelled." The defending is a joke; too many failed characters from last season kept on and given their chance to **** up once again.....he could be talking about Kevin Nicholson here couldn't he.

And yet when a new manager comes in and tells the players that it simply isn't good enough; half of them go missing and the other half get all surly and anti the new man.

This is what relegates clubs; this is what happens when you let the seeds be sown by a man who quite simply didn't have the experience or quality to achieve any more than seventeenth in the league despite having a better budget than several other (and often part-time) clubs .

There is only one answer when this is going on ~ get rid of the ruddy lot of them and start again. The protagonist of all this mediocrity was removed from the manager's chair; far too many of his faield sigings ares till hanging around the place with their two year deals in their pockets.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Agree with Merse's last paragraph. Get rid of the lot and clear the decks. Having said that, York did exactly that when Jackie McNamara came in and with most of the Nigel Worthington / Russ Wilcox signings out of contract he assembled a side of totally new players over a summer. All of them were new to the club. They got relegated again. :S

The moral of that particular story is make sure you've got the right manager in the first place before you give him carte blanche to sign any old shite. :~D

As for Dave's point about money from the top needing to be filtered down. I disagree with this and always have done but i'm not expecting most to see my point of view which to me is common sense. Why should Chelsea / Man Utd bail out Chester or Hartlepool? If Chester and Hartlepool cannot run themselves properly then that's nobody's fault but the clubs involved. It's harsh and sad but the way i see it.

When Woolies went bust you didn't find BHS / Debenhams and the like queuing up to chuck them a few quid.

Chester FC are a business. As as business they must remain solvent, try and attract more customers and more hopefully more profit. When Woolies went tits up innocent staff lost their jobs just like innocent fans will lose their clubs. They are both collateral damage and it's really tragic but there it is.

I too find the money sloshing about at the top of the game appalling and it's part of the reason why i hate the Premier League but on principle they have no duty to help out other struggling businesses. For every Rushden & Diamonds there is another lowly club ready to grasp that chance given to them by a club going bust so it's a food chain.

Having said all that i hope both clubs can sort themselves out and maybe this may make their fans extra suspicious of anyone and everyone in future like i am. It really is like the X Files in football clubs. Trust no one.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Such a small percentage of just the agents fees in the premier league would give ourselves and others a boost and help with players coming up through.

The lower league football pyramid was sold of when the premier league broke away and should never been allowed. One day it will all go bust
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Yorkie they have no duty as such but however it used to be beautiful game and now they have sold the whole idea of the pyramid system where the money would trickle downwards and in turn keep the club's alive to recruit and nurture talent. Now it's a violent volcano of wealth blasting upwards and outwards of the beautiful game

There was there duty to keep the money within the system and now it's just greedy clubs and greedy agents
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I wouldn't disagree with a fund of some sort to help struggling clubs develop disabled areas / toilets / poor facilities in general if this were possible and just things like that i guess. Some of the clubs in the lower leagues should actually knock money OFF the ticket price as a discount for breaching your human rights when you go to some of their kazi's. But as for any funds going directly to bail clubs out then no way. If clubs want to sign shit players and get into debt to pay them then they deserve all they get.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 20:17 Yorkie they have no duty as such but however it used to be beautiful game and now they have sold the whole idea of the pyramid system where the money would trickle downwards and in turn keep the club's alive to recruit and nurture talent. Now it's a violent volcano of wealth blasting upwards and outwards of the beautiful game

There was there duty to keep the money within the system and now it's just greedy clubs and greedy agents
and greedy fans
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Yorkie makes a point about smaller clubs living within their means. But this means clubs finding their true economic level and that may be unacceptable to their supporters. Before 1987 all non league clubs were semi professional, but eventually the lure of promotion to the FL encouraged many to go full time thus inflating costs for themselves and their supporters. I think this expansion of full time professionalism into the non leagues is unsustainable in the long term, and will lead to many other clubs going bust.