Brett is Back!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Kuhl and Owers have worked with him and know his game I just hope they give Reid a rest now. This was Nicholsons biggest mistake during the close season not getting him on contract.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Don't think Brett would like being called big and ugly Nick, I assume that one didn't materialise !
Well at least he knows how to score, but as Ding Dong says, far too late , shame this didn't happen at
the start of the month. Would welcome him here next season though, he could score a hatful in the Nat South
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Maybe not "big and ugly" as in appearance but as in playing style was what was meant.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Good news, only bettered by the useless lathrope leaving!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Dazza wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 18:41 Desperate. Now 30 and not a fitness fanatic. But you never know. Actually knew where the goal was.
Probably got demotivated lifting tractor tyres in training every day
Lucy
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 18:02 Most people were slagging him off to high heaven last season.

I’ll admit I was amongst that contingent, but mainly because we played a system that needed him to work hard in tracking back and that doesn’t suit his style. So he looked worse than he actually was. It’s a bit like we never complained that Benyon didn’t track back much as we were more successful when he was around.

From what people said last week Romain seemed to put in the hard yards, so let him doing the running about tracking back and let Williams do what he does best in the final third
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

I slagged him off, prior to those games against Braintree onwards he wasn't contributing. It's fine not working if you score goals, but he was closing down etc or scoring goals.

My memory of him prior to his 2nd spell is the player with the bit between his teeth, since the goal at home to Braintree was chalked off.

At a time of depression following the club, this is the best news I've had in ages. Welcome back BW
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

One thing with Brett is if he has to go part time his fitness level will remain constant !
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

OUCH !!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Sweet baby Jesus, shut the front door, wtf, I pop out for a couple of hours and come back to this news. Sat here hour after hour, day after day just hoping and waiting for a signing that might just raise an eyebrow and bang, this is the last thing I expected.

Not going to get positive or anything silly like that but if our two new forwards actually play together and its played right we may just see a shaft of hope shining in the murky darkness. Just a shaft though mind.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

About as good a signing, at this level, that we could seriously have hoped for in our desperate situation. It reinforces my view that he never wanted to leave in the first place and it wouldn’t have taken much for him to stay in the summer. But despite being the main reason why we stayed up and by default the main reason why Nicho stayed in his job, he (Nicho) still felt he could do without him .... and signed the likes of James Gray and Rory Fallon instead!!!

I always thought that it was ridiculous to ask Williams to run his arse off - which is what Nicho appeared to want - when that is just not his style and much like the Bromley Manager told nickbrod after the game last week - that is just not what he is about - he wanted the team to play to Brett’s strengths which are clearly in and around the opposition penalty box!

In all seriousness it is probably too late to make a difference to our outcome this season, but with a couple of clubs (perhaps more we don’t know about?) in serious financial difficulties .... Hartlepool, Chester etc ... then maybe there is just a glimmer of hope - but no more than that!

Welcome back, Brett!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

AT LAST THE PENNY HAS DROPPED, bringing in quality & as a bonus getting rid of some of the deadwood, it's a start, long may it continue 'cos there's a long way to go yet.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dazza wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 19:55One thing with Brett is if he has to go part time his fitness level will remain constant !
I never saw a Nicholson team as fit as the part-time teams they played...no doubt about it; the mis-management of Williams by the former manager has done an awful lot of damage to this club and to replace him with the likes of Nicho's mate Rory Feckin' Fallon was an absolute joke!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I can't argue with that Merse...
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 21:30
Let's hope that with the benefit of two years with an L plate on and the assistance of Harrop and Hedges; the club will now be managed in a manner fit for purpose to compete at this level and avoid any repetition of taking on wasters like Brett Williams
Looks like the benefit of hindsight has not avoided repetition.