Damon Lathrope Leaves to Woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Damon Lathrope Leaves to Woking

Post by Milner33 »

https://www.torquayunited.com/news-damo ... ns-woking/
Never have really been a big fan so not really bothered.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

Shame. I thought he was really improving over this season and serves as a very useful anchor in the middle.

All the best for the future Damon.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Struggled for form and fitness, was never as good again as he was in our successive playoff defeats.

I’m sure he will rejoice when he no doubt scores his first goal at Plainmoor when Woking come to visit
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Leaving for the same reason as Gnabouyou, pissed off with not getting game time, not the stuff put out by the club
No loss, pedestrian player, never scored a goal in 150 appearances for the club
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

desperado wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 18:18 Leaving for the same reason as Gnabouyou, pissed off with not getting game time, not the stuff put out by the club
Nothing to do with Woking offering him a 18 month contract (how many sick days he can pull in that contract is interesting).
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

desperado wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 18:18 Leaving for the same reason as Gnabouyou, pissed off with not getting game time, not the stuff put out by the club

With regards to gnabouyou, I have no interest in his opinions, he was purely a very bad signing by the club. Worst than fallon thank god he left, he was bloody useless.
Lucy
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Didnt see that - 18 month contract ? They must be nuts
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Frustrating player really. I know he did an important job for us the first time around providing that defensive cover in a three man central midfield, but he was never so effective in a 4-4-2 set up and his lack of goals - none in 165 appearances across two spells for us - was shocking for someone who played in a relatively advanced position in the team. I have no stats but I doubt his number of assists was up to much either. Even as a CDM, I didn’t think his tackling was as strong as it needed to be and still think he should have stopped Mousinho on the edge of the box from scoring that crucial goal for Stevenage against us at Old Trafford in the L2 Play Off Final!

Ah well, best of luck Damo. At least I can say I was one of the few (700 there that night) that did actually see you score in a TUFC shirt when you notched in that 6–0 pre season rout of Truro City - and a decent strike it was too! If only you could have done it more often!!
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

Thank god for that, should never come back here, never any good first time around.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Sadly his broken leg means his football career is over, all very sad. Wish him and his family all the best for the future.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Very sad news nickbrod. I suspect that despite everything he will look back on his 2 spells at Torquay with good memories
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/home/

The full horror of it all revealed here; lucky for him he was not on a playing field rather than in a professional sports environment able to expertly assess and care for him and then despatch him speedily to hospital and straight into limb ~ and possibly life ~ saving surgery.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

That's dismally unlucky for him.

Lucy - Gnabouyou was in no way worse then Fallon. From what I saw of him when he came on as sub against Gateshead I would say he was better than the likes of Fallon, Pittman, Keating etc.

Strong, quick, and intelligent running off the ball. Of course it didn't work out for him here but he didn't look as bad as he was made out to be as far as I could see.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

brucie wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 12:00 That's dismally unlucky for him.

Lucy - Gnabouyou was in no way worse then Fallon. From what I saw of him when he came on as sub against Gateshead I would say he was better than the likes of Fallon, Pittman, Keating etc.

Strong, quick, and intelligent running off the ball. Of course it didn't work out for him here but he didn't look as bad as he was made out to be as far as I could see.
I agree. I was at that match and I thought he looked promising. If his well-struck shot at the death had gone in things might have been different for him and for us.
TUST number 080
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Come on; do what you can to help a young family........