Need Help

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yes Jerry, 3 months after his first of many efforts to make contact with the club they replied eventually after it became public knowledge.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Jerry wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 18:45 He did receive a response from the club.
Geoff Harrop is not the head coach and has never been 'manager' of TUFC . So why he would say this is disturbing me slightly,
'The vast improvements in team performances' is utter tripe and nowhere near the truth.
Why don't you let Spotlight know I'm sure Natalie Cornah would love to take the piss out of TUFC a little more than usual seeing it's an Argyle supporting programme.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Ok he got a response ....he was lied to
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

See it’s stuff like this that makes it just not feel right to me. It’s being pedantic I know, but Sturrock has been in the game long enough to be able to understand the different roles in a football club - and the different between who is the Head Coach and who is the Director of Football. Might be a simple slip of the keyboard or misunderstanding, but you’d think he’d be clued up enough to know who is who and in what role.

OK - people have said it’s definitely him and I have no evidence to say otherwise. But from what I’ve seen of Sturrock in interviews etc this whole approach just doesn’t seem like what I’d expect from him
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Jeff wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 19:38 See it’s stuff like this that makes it just not feel right to me. It’s being pedantic I know, but Sturrock has been in the game long enough to be able to understand the different roles in a football club - and the different between who is the Head Coach and who is the Director of Football. Might be a simple slip of the keyboard or misunderstanding, but you’d think he’d be clued up enough to know who is who and in what role.

OK - people have said it’s definitely him and I have no evidence to say otherwise. But from what I’ve seen of Sturrock in interviews etc this whole approach just doesn’t seem like what I’d expect from him
This is exactly why I am incredibly sceptical of the situation - I have zero professional football experience but have been able to successfully contact managers and other professionals associated with the game with relative ease for my own purposes so one would assume that that any person who has spent any amount of time in the game would know how to reach other professionals- Paul will have had enough connections via his past to connect with Gary Owers, Geoff Harrop or anyone at the club...even if this person purporting to be Paul is ACTUALLY Paul, might I suggest that you try attending the training ground, visiting the club or using linkedin or facebook...OR perhaps speak to someone who you know is connected with any of the above?!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Jeff / Bristol Gull I have been speaking with Paul over email more than Clarke or Harrop have been. Honestly it’s him. He’ll be posting back under his account soon as he forgot his last password.

I cannot comment on the why he has chosen this method but we are providing an open freedom of speech platform where people can do such a thing. This way the fans are not fed purely lies in the form of official statements and bias media articles. Power to the people!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Perhaps we can ask the question as to why PS’s offer to help had been declined.
Does anyone know when the Fans Forum meeting is due or how many months it is overdue?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

They're waiting the full 5 years, like the plan says............ ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

If Harrop seriously thinks there's been a 'vast improvement' since he was brought onboard at TUFC, then he's batshit crazy. Any sensible person who wasn't blinded by ego and pride would be sending a bloody limo around to Paul Sturrock's gaff pronto.
TUST member 203
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

divingbboy wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 09:59 If Harrop seriously thinks there's been a 'vast improvement' since he was brought onboard at TUFC, then he's batshit crazy. Any sensible person who wasn't blinded by ego and pride would be sending a bloody limo around to Paul Sturrock's gaff pronto.
To be fair, that response was to Paul Sturrock’s original offer of help and was dated 21/11/17. A time when we were all feeling perhaps a little more positive and optimistic than we are now!!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

IMO there is an unhealthy and suspicious clique at Torquay involving the management staff / owners. Why the hell would they want an outsider to come in and upset the apple cart?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I, also have no doubt it is Paul Sturrock, I received a PM from him answering a post I made on the forum about some of his comments being simplistic, with out going into to much detail, he gave a fantastic insight to some of the Work he did at Argyle, and assured me, he (Luggy) has a real affection for TUFC, and genuinely just wants to try and help.

Come on Mr Geoff Harrop, we all know you read this forum. Think it's crass stupidity and darn right disrespectful that you don't at least invite Paul Sturrock in for a face to face meeting and explore want kind of help the club wants/needs, and want kind of help he can be to our club.

Even if leads to nothing, talk to the man.
Formerly known as forevertufc