Whitehawk great escape more important to Owers?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
OrpingtonGull2
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Clarke

Whitehawk great escape more important to Owers?

Post by OrpingtonGull2 »

Sam Chaney has had his loan deal at bottom National League South club Whitehawk extended until the end of the season, for their "great escape".

Whitehawk are now doing well ( getting results) despite being bottom, with a 3-2 win over promotion contenders Truro on saturday, with Chaney getting 8/10 in the non league paper for his performance, where he started and played 82 minutes of the game.

A former star Torquay striker Elliot Benyon has been signed by Whitehawk and is leading their revival, scoring 9/10 in the non league paper for saturdays match.

What the hell is going on - surely, Chaney is our player and should be recalled for our bottom placed fight, not Whitehawks?

Did we try for Ellioy Benyon? Who is leading the whitehawk revival.

Also the Torquay youngster who scored a good first goal against WBA in the friendly 01Aug16 was never heard of again and plays in lower leagues.

Can the management think clearly?

What the hell is going on?
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Don't think Benyon is the answer though he's probably no worse than Reid - and he's not the answer either though Owers thinks he is.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Elliot Benyon? You're avin a larf ~ falls over a lot and tries to con freekicks and wasn't entertained by the new management when they moved in at Wealdstone before Christmas.

Likewise Chaney; a lightweight who's obviously been bombed out as indeed should most of these no-marks at the club now!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

I think you should have just left the '?' off the thread title.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
OrpingtonGull2
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Clarke

Post by OrpingtonGull2 »

Cheers fellas - on Wikipedia Elliott Benyon has 46 Torquay goals, across 3 spells, but the first 39 were scored 2007-2011. I started supporting Torquay in 2014 and am london based, going mainly to away games.

I would have thought it better to extend Chaneys loan month by month and watch his progress. Not simply extend him until the end of the season, which is the newsnow website story today.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I was at Macc that night when Benners scored a hat trick in the cup against Stockport. Also there when he got a late winner at the Don Valley v Rotherham one night.

Apart from that he spent most of the time with his arse on the floor.

No way should benyon be brought back.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

OrpingtonGull2 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 12:49I would have thought it better to extend Chaneys loan month by month and watch his progress. Not simply extend him until the end of the season, which is the newsnow website story today.
I know a guy ~ an ex working colleague of Harrop's at Colchester, Rushden & Diamonds and Northampton ~ who was alerted to Chaney's 'availablity for the rest of the season' and wanted to persue him for his north London Istmian club; which suggests to me that when he departed the Plainmoor scene it was with him not returning in mind. That's why I said earlier he'd been bombed out.

More than likely Whitehawk ~ from leaving Wealdstone he'd spent a little while at Enfield Town on loan ~ is his true level despite what Nicholson thought of him and having seen Benyon for myself over the last two seasons he is definitely not National League standard.......although I've seen plenty who are at that and the level below and most of them get invited into Football League clubs to train and have a close look taken at what they have to offer.

Enfield are making a decent fist of things with a re-built side in the Isthmian Premier this season; the league Whitehawk will be relegated into if they drop.

Considerably less physically conditioned than he used to be, Benyon's now a lot slower and working as a painter and decorator from his Basingstoke home...best left where he belongs ~ in the past!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree about Benyon, however would rather Chaney than Ronnie O'Sullivan and Lathrope
He at least is full of energy and a trier, can pick a pass even if he is a little lightweight, tho I believe
his has been working on that. Owers can only have seen him in training before he got rid
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Elliot Benyon your having a laugh !
Never rated him first time much and 2nd time , well you may aswell have put a marks and Spencer dummy up front as would have had more chance of staying on its feet. Rubbish

I see your point but it's no from me

It also for me makes me feel sick now thinking of any of that golden generation bunch from the 2007 ish period having anything to do with our club. I've great memories of the promotion year and the day out at Wembley against Cambridge. Like merse says best left in the past
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

If Benyon is a painter and decorator he should be good at skirting boards having spent so much time at ground level.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Looks as though Chaney and Benyon had a good weekend as well Whitehawk beating Weston 5-0 Chaney is better than some of the players we've had here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 19:10 Looks as though Chaney and Benyon had a good weekend as well Whitehawk beating Weston 5-0 Chaney is better than some of the players we've had here.
That's not really difficult
Lucy