Survival: Could we do it?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Is there any hope? Can we survive?

Yes. The Greatest Escape of all is just around the corner.
15%
If we replace the manager, maybe...
8%
No. Doom awaits.
77%

Total votes: 688

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

madgull wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 23:19 We are one point ahead of my route to survival...just saying ;-)
Most of us like to look ahead and make predictions. I know I do. But I remember Forever Dave posting last season that football is so unpredictable that it's a futile exercise. And he was proved correct because there were some crazy results in the end of season scramble. I think your predictions are flawed because -
1. I don't think 50 points will be enough to keep us up. We'll probably need 52 or 53.
2. I don't think we'll win all three away games against Leyton Orient, Solihull Moors and Harlepool and I doubt that we will beat Woking and Guiseley at home 'cos we never beat bliddy Woking or Guiseley !!

Having said that, you are predicting that we only get two points from the next three games - Maidenhead (a) Dagenham & R (h) and Sutton (h). Now, if we can pick up, say, five points from those three games, then maybe that glimmer becomes a little brighter. But it's mighty big ask ......
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Perhaps Madgull isn't so mad after all. We are +3 from his predictions going into the Dagenham game as he charts our 50 point target.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

samuel wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 12:05 Perhaps Madgull isn't so mad after all. We are +3 from his predictions going into the Dagenham game as he charts our 50 point target.
Aha I did think this, didn't want to point it out myself... :}
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mad as a hatter ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

tomogull wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 21:35 Most of us like to look ahead and make predictions. I know I do. But I remember Forever Dave posting last season that football is so unpredictable that it's a futile exercise. And he was proved correct because there were some crazy results in the end of season scramble. I think your predictions are flawed because -
1. I don't think 50 points will be enough to keep us up. We'll probably need 52 or 53.
2. I don't think we'll win all three away games against Leyton Orient, Solihull Moors and Harlepool and I doubt that we will beat Woking and Guiseley at home 'cos we never beat bliddy Woking or Guiseley !!

Having said that, you are predicting that we only get two points from the next three games - Maidenhead (a) Dagenham & R (h) and Sutton (h). Now, if we can pick up, say, five points from those three games, then maybe that glimmer becomes a little brighter. But it's mighty big ask ......
Well Madgull - we truly hit the buffers yesterday! However, IF we bounce back on Tuesday night and beat Sutton, the glimmer will still be there .....
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If we managed to stay up from the situation we are in now it’ll be the greatest escape we have had. Is it likely no? Are the odds in our favour no certainly not. If it was to happen we would have to go on a proper wining streak. If we have our sqaud fully fit it’s posible. We cannot afford to keep losing Gowling.

Put this behind us and focus on Sutton, The players have to come together again like they were and anything is possible.

Come on you Yellows. We are not out till the fat lady sings!!!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

tomogull wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 15:33 Well Madgull - we truly hit the buffers yesterday! However, IF we bounce back on Tuesday night and beat Sutton, the glimmer will still be there .....
Still two points ahead of the route out I foresaw, get anything from Sutton and we'll be back to three ahead :)
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

A win tomorrow and people will start to forget about the result on Saturday. Not many expect us to win tomorrow, so if we can pull that out the bag we are back to where we were.

I personally think we are already down, I just want us to go down fighting - and preparing ourselves for next season.

If we do go down, am I right to think we SHOULD have the biggest budget in conference south?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Its all very well saying prepare for next season but that would mean Owers was still in situ. Even if we survived I do not think he should keep the job. Also we don't which of our players would want to stay. I can't see young or McGinty staying if they given the chance elsewhere.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Cruisinho wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 09:30If we do go down, am I right to think we SHOULD have the biggest budget in conference south?
Not if Billericay Town come up from the Isthmian League you won't!
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I'm starting to think that I'm playing a part in this saga. I haven't seen a Torquay win since May, and literally every game that I've not been in attendance has resulted in a Torquay win.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I'm starting to think that I'm playing a part in this saga. I haven't seen a Torquay win since May, and literally every game that I've not been in attendance has resulted in a Torquay win.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

brooker wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 10:50 I'm starting to think that I'm playing a part in this saga. I haven't seen a Torquay win since May, and literally every game that I've not been in attendance has resulted in a Torquay win.
...and you are still attending because.....? ;-)
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

In think we needed to win three from Maidenhead, Dagenham & Sutton to stay in with a chance of staying up.
So tomorrow is another last chance match.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Have a look at what we're going to 'enjoy' next season..... ladies and gents, I give you Billericay Town

https://x.com/KentishFootie/status/965707833361747971

Someone stated at the Maidenhead game 'how has it come to this?' (meaning the state of some of the grounds we're now playing at).... wait till next year, it will be an eye-opener for most!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''