GET Gary Owers, Martin Khul & Geoff Harrop OUT NOW

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Thank God no smackheads though. Now that would be breaching club regulations.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Oh my word no no no, We have enough DOPES running around on the pitch as it is !
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

forevertufc wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 20:12 Got this in the wrong order.

The first one to go should be the sole owner Clarke Osbourne, he should take Harrop with him, then Dave Hedges, head of recruitment should be next on the list, I mean what is the point of a head of recruitment, that doesn't appear to be able to recruit, well not anyone that resembles an actual footballer.

Then I now admit, Ower's and Khul, such a disappointment, as they try and more desperately try to fix this, their decision making becomes more bizarre.

That said I don't blame Ower's, Khul or in fact Nicho. Nicho should have gone long, long before he did, and there should have been some sort of plan in place, for the appointment of a successor, which it appears to me, from the outside looking in there clearly wasn't.
IMO.... Nicho had a bad patch and everyone panicked, the fact is, he had no money, no support, lost a couple of decent players, a few injuries, and we found ourselves once again languishing at the bottom of the league and could see that it would happen again and so we jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. I would get Nicho back in a heart beat, chuck a few quid at him and let him get on with it. Although it wouldn’t be fair to expect anyone to come in now as it’s gone. Finished. Finito.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

notnow wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 22:38 IMO.... Nicho had a bad patch and everyone panicked, the fact is, he had no money, no support, lost a couple of decent players, a few injuries, and we found ourselves once again languishing at the bottom of the league and could see that it would happen again and so we jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. I would get Nicho back in a heart beat, chuck a few quid at him and let him get on with it. Although it wouldn’t be fair to expect anyone to come in now as it’s gone. Finished. Finito.
Can someone explain to me why Nicho is seen as some managerial genius?? Why do so many people want him back????? Am I missing something???

I don't doubt his commitment to the cause but is he the only out of work manager????

He's had his crack of the whip. I can't think of one example where a manager was more successful second time around. He's not the Messiah.

People forget that for two seasons, bar the last two months of each season, people wanted his head too!!

Let's just get Frank O'Farrell back. I despair.

P.S A few of those "injuries" were present when he signed them.....
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

He wasn’t given a fair crack of the whip? He put a team together with peanuts, he drove the team minibus which he managed to acquire! He engaged with the community, he got the players to gel, ok, yes it was at the end but when you have players coming and going and upsetting any rhythm or consistency due to the fact they were loan players or injuries, it is difficult to replace them when you are not given support financially, HE got those players and HE got them working together for next to nothing!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Not now you are unbelievable, 2 seasons of utter shite under the previous manager , got lucky twice & was apparently given a budget to see us at the top end of the table,
Who did he bring in this summer

Gowling } sicknote, a luxury we can't afford
Pittmam} sicknote, a luxury we can't afford
Klukowski} crocked, a luxury we can't afford
Gosling } long term injured, a luxury we can't afford
Gray} couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, a luxury we can't afford
Reid} headless chicken, a luxury we can't afford
Keating} headless chicken, a luxury we can't afford

God knows what lottery Nicholson was talking about when he mentioned winning the lottery with this shower.
He prepared the ground , sewed the seeds & watched them wilt away, the rest is history.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Teigngull wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 23:08God knows what lottery Nicholson was talking about when he mentioned winning the lottery with this shower.
Your analysis must surely lead to it being the Health Lottery. ;-)
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Rjc70 wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 23:11 Your analysis must surely lead to it being the Health Lottery. ;-)
Osborne has really made an impact on your sporting pleasure Rjc, good on you for keeping a smile in hand.
By the way :goodpost:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

The owner won't be sacking anyone; Nicholson won't be coming back and Harrop will still be in situ when next season gets underway ~ get used to it.

A pointless thread I agree, and far better to apply some realistic thinking and realise that the only way you will get what you want on the 'sackings' front is if the club changes hands which remains more of a possibility than Clarke Osborne removing his staff ~ and and there is very little chance of him selling up because of the amount of equity he now has in the project (three quarters of a million won't get him out now, mark my words) the focus needs to be on building a fit for purpose squad for next season and that has to mean a lot less reliance on loanees than has been the ever growing error of judgement over the last few seasons.

Any manager deserves at least his own squad to work with and then stand or fall by that. Any manager who accepts that his budget must be top heavy and wasted on habitually injured veterans and padded out with naïve and less than physically mature development players in this league needs his head examined. Yet this is the road that has been gone down with Hargreaves, Nicholson and now Owers.

This club is getting the further relegation it deserves and this will now be three of them since the board under Alex Rowe disintegrated to being controlled by Bill Phillips and Simon Baker and then Thea Bristow herself who didn't have a ruddy clue about professional football. People should ask the question too just why Rowe and the Boyce Bros left ~ I know but could not divulge the reason without breaking a confidence ~ and if they started by asking Bristow why; she might just give an honest answer but I wouldn't stake your mortgage on it because she never does come out and speak does she. But believe me; she was at the root of the reason they left and things have fallen apart ever since. No wonder she wanted out!

For the life of me I cannot understand how Osborne and Harrop decided to go with Nicholson and such a minimal budget because that's all they would trust him with and then lumber somebody else with his detritus yet a far more decent budget more akin to National League football.

Harrop's experience is all about heading youth academies; not overseeing team management or overseeing recruitment. Added to that he has a hundred and one other tasks at the club overseeing everything else.........a director of football he is not nor ever will be!

The next league down will be brutal in it's further distance form Football League days ~ far more so than the National League ~ and a total and utter change in the club's approach to football will be necessary and an immediate finding of feet in a totally alien environment. Yes; the current manager is experienced in National League South, but has he ever been successful? I don't think so and therefore (in my opinion) the hunt will need to be on for a manager who is both familiar with it AND been successful!

None of the players currently on the books will be fit for purpose even so some of them are contracted until the end of next season; and that again is a horrendous error of judgement on Harrop's part when he allowed Nicholson to make too many of those hopeless and hapless signings in the summer........it really has been a tale of total failure on his part and the people he oversaw to manage this football club!
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Agree totally with Teigngull and Merse. The only way GO will go is if they all go - ain't happening.

I just get irked by the constant talk of KN as if he is a magic bullet. All I'll say is this....when you think about getting back with an ex, you think about the good memories which cloud the fact you split up for reason. Good night.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Teigngull wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 23:15 Osborne has really made an impact on your sporting pleasure Rjc, good on you for keeping a smile in hand.
By the way :goodpost:
Cheers.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think that reading between the lines perhaps, what most people are saying (including myself) is that Nico never was the answer and never will be and maybe he contributed to the current problems by leaving behind a poor squad of players. Fans don't want Nico to come back, partly due to respect for him also and not wanting to sour the memory of a legend ala Hargreaves.

What i think some fans are saying is that should Nico still be manager now that the club would still be in with a fighting chance of staying up rather than the abject capitulation most weeks by an Owers side that has left the club up shit creek and without a paddle even with 3 months of the season left.

Nico wouldn't have done any worse in effect. For all we go on about the poor squad he left, it's sometimes convenient to forget that Owers has had 4 odd months to get to grips with this league and even has had the relative luxury of being able to draft players in left, right and centre and none of them have produced.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

I take your point Yorkie, I just dont see the point in even bringing it up. If we are honest, the predicament we are in now was created by decisions made years ago. If the correct decisions had been made back then, we wouldn't be in the NL and Nico wouldn't have got near the job, especially as a first job.

Both KN and GO are by-products of decisions made in years gone by.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 23:20 Thea Bristow herself who didn't have a ruddy clue about professional football.
and you think Clarke Osborne does?

Both equally clueless? maybe, but at least Thea had the clubs interests at heart.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:17 and you think Clarke Osborne does?

Both equally clueless? maybe, but at least Thea had the clubs interests at heart.
No one is doubting Thea's intentions. Nor is anyone doubting that she was hoodwinked by dirty rotten scoundrels.

However, surely to God, no matter how limited her business acumen she had a duty of care to ensure her money was being spent correctly and the correct decisions were being made. People, independent of the club, could have assisted her with this