GET Gary Owers, Martin Khul & Geoff Harrop OUT NOW

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Yep , it's no good moaning & groaning when the bottom finally falls out of TUFC & saying to yourselves " Oh dearie me, I didn't realise it was that bad "
Join the TUST & get a voice , a UNITED voice at that , let us show the bastards they can't grind us down.
We all love our football club , that's why we're on this forum.
To all you 'ostrich fans' with your heads buried in the sand ........... It's the quickest way to get SHAFTED from behind, dont say you haven't been warned.
TUST MEMBER 488.
:scarf: COYY :scarf:
SBG

Post by SBG »

Ok Nicholson probably wasn't the answer but

How many points did we lose/forfeit whilst replacing him with anothor manager -12 wasn't it?

How many points are we adrift - 12 isn't it.

Ok we may not have won all those games but to me if we get relegated by 12 points ( in all honesty it will probably be more) I won't forgive/ forget the regime for that.

Look at Watford - manager in hours after his predecesssor sacked - look at Solihull.

We gifted anything from 1 to 12 points away due to Harrops inability to get a replacement in and that will play a significant part in our relegation. In reality I hope we do go down with a deficit greater than 12points or I will lay the blame on Harrop.

SBG
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

[highlight=yellow][/highlight]
Teigngull wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 21:20 Yep , it's no good moaning & groaning when the bottom finally falls out of TUFC & saying to yourselves " Oh dearie me, I didn't realise it was that bad "
[highlight=yellow]Join the TUST & get a voice , a UNITED voice at that , let us show the bastards they can't grind us down.
We all love our football club , that's why we're on this forum.[/highlight]
To all you 'ostrich fans' with your heads buried in the sand ........... It's the quickest way to get SHAFTED from behind, dont say you haven't been warned.
TUST MEMBER 488.
:scarf: COYY :scarf:
I second that, I have finally joined and I implore every fan to do the same.

Whooo do you think you are kidding mr Osborne, if you think ol' Torquay's done... :whistle:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

SBG wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 21:25 Ok Nicholson probably wasn't the answer but

How many points did we lose/forfeit whilst replacing him with anothor manager -12 wasn't it?

How many points are we adrift - 12 isn't it.

Ok we may not have won all those games but to me if we get relegated by 12 points ( in all honesty it will probably be more) I won't forgive/ forget the regime for that.

Look at Watford - manager in hours after his predecesssor sacked - look at Solihull.

We gifted anything from 1 to 12 points away due to Harrops inability to get a replacement in and that will play a significant part in our relegation. In reality I hope we do go down with a deficit greater than 12points or I will lay the blame on Harrop.
SBG
Why do you need an excuse to blame Harrop ? He's a major factor of the problems happening at Plainmoor.
OrpingtonGull2
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Clarke

Post by OrpingtonGull2 »

I reckon the overall "sports psychology" must be wrong at Torquay, and must have been wrong for years.

Surely with the right positive dedication: players with the right nutrition, hydration, stretching, training, massage & so on; with a love for the club, where it is viewed as an honour to wear the Torquay shirt; where yesterdays failings are forgotten for a positive new tomorrow in the very next match. Then players wont get injured so much. Also the best of the lower leagues will be trying to sign for us if they can see the positive mindset.

But if the underlying heavy issue is building houses on the Plainmoor site, then that goes against anyone creating a fantastic positive sports psychology at the club.

Can't rich arabs be encouraged to invest in Torquay Unt? Wouldnt rich arabs love the palm tree surroundings? Torquay have fans all over the UK and world. If rich arabs can invest in rain soaked manchester city, then some rich arab might want to put money in Torquay, and deal with creating a positive sports psychology.

Cristiano Ronaldo never got injured as he has a brilliant sports psychology.

Given that Torquay Unt sold Man Unt & Alex Ferguson Lee Sharp in 1991, to innitiate their dominance, can't Alex Ferguson be persuaded to help Torquay Unt with their sports psychology, to get the most, not the worst out of players? Give him a week at Torquay and he might have an opinion? Instead of paying Ferguson, donate his fee to charity ...
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Club Statement says:
"The Club is also reviewing CCTV footage to see if it can identify fans involved in threatening and abusive behaviour, or inciting such behaviour, towards players, officials, stewards or other fans. Again, the Club will issue bans if appropriate.

Evidence here so ban him!

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

OrpingtonGull2 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 14:05I reckon the overall "sports psychology" must be wrong at Torquay, and must have been wrong for years. Surely with the right positive dedication: players with the right nutrition, hydration, stretching, training, massage & so on; with a love for the club, where it is viewed as an honour to wear the Torquay shirt; where yesterdays failings are forgotten for a positive new tomorrow in the very next match. Then players wont get injured so much. Also the best of the lower leagues will be trying to sign for us if they can see the positive mindset.
What you've touched on is a vital ingeredient at many much smaller and part-time clubs who I watch and punch well above Torquay's weight whilst at Plainmoor they had some idiot getting the players to hump tractor tyres!

I think more so now; the vital ingredient and stench emanating from the treatment room; is a plethora of experienced malingerers who don't like having their noses being put out of joint by a new management and turn every little niggle into a six week sicknote. Typical of a relegation squad!

The most common 'injury' within this squad must be bed sores!
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

merse btpir wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 14:19

I think more so now; the vital ingredient and stench emanating from the treatment room; is a plethora of experienced malingerers who don't like having their noses being put out of joint by a new management and turn every little niggle into a six week sicknote. Typical of a relegation squad!

The most common 'injury' within this squad must be bed sores!
Perhaps the seasoned pro's in the squad ,who have played under a variety of managers and coaches, sussed Owers and Kuhl out pretty quickly? The French striker who was 28 I think didn't fit in with them either. Perhaps Owers and Kuhl lack the skills to manage and motivate older players and should stick to working with youngsters.

Anyway why are they still here?
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I actually preferred Osborne (if that were possible :-/ ) when he ignored fans and said nowt (which was 99% of the time). The other 1% is exactly like me. Full of absolute bullshit.
Uffculme1

Post by Uffculme1 »

Why or why sack Owers and Kuhl, forget for a moment their levels of incompetence , we are still paying for Nicholson's departure, add Owers and Kuhl to the equation plus any costs associated with a new management team then there would be minus zero in the kitty, Owers and Kuhl will be gone at the end of the season in any event, there were not first or even second choice to replace Nicholson, they fell within the budget set by Osborne. Nobody including Harrop will consider renewing their contracts.
Let's be brutally honest, even the most optimistically inclined, rose tinted glass wearer knows we are relegated.
Harrop is a bought and paid for company man, we have had them in the past and bitter experience has shown they do not work, but if it wasn't him it would be someone else taking the owners shilling, and as they say he who pays the piper calls the tune.
What will be interesting is if we remain a full time outfit, it my younger days, which to be honest was a long-time ago the directors were also available or who knew someone who would give a potential player a part time role to support the meagre wages that we paid, it did not solve the geographical problems of attracting players but it made it slightly less unattractive.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Couple of points about the replies to my post.

First is, I think it's a bit rude to infer that the current people running TUST are not good people.

Secondly I have been a member of TUST for quite a while, not right from the begining but from about the point GI were on the horizon.

Thirdly I do realise there will not be any organised boycott, there is surprisingly to me anyway no demand for it.

Fourthly There will be a gradual and organic boycott as the club nears death.

Fifthly I think we are all agreed on the end game here, well mostly and for me I would rather upset the apple cart now, because if CO has control of the death he will get what he wants, if it's all chaos he will lose that control probably. The lease may end, but the council could offer a lease to TUST. I think then, and only then there would be an upsurge in the interest to support and get involved with TUST. Lots of people always leave these things to the bitter end before they get involved.
TUST MEMBER