GET Gary Owers, Martin Khul & Geoff Harrop OUT NOW

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Teigngull wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 19:16 To the sole owner of OUR CLUB TORQUAY UNITED.
If you have any passion towards TUFC & admitting you know little about football is no excuse. Please can you recognise that the people you have put in charge are absolutely useless at their jobs , the level of incompetence on show holds no bounds.
I & the undersigned would like GARY OWERS, MARTIN KHUL & GEOFFREY HARROP REMOVED FROM THEIR POSITIONS WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.
SIGNED
G R also known as Teigngull TUST Member n'o 488.

Would all forum members please comment & sign a reply if you want the same action taken.
Thank you.
:scarf:
What about Osborne?
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:17 and you think Clarke Osborne does?
No I do not; but he does know business and he regards business from his own perspective and his own interests, if the club continues as an integral part of those interests without being raped; that is good for the club but the overriding feeling on these boards is that this is not the case.

You cannot denigrate Osborne because he is not Thea, just as you cannot denigrate Owers because he is not Nicholson; both owner and current manager were preceded by people incapable ~ for one reason or another ~ of doing the job that was required of them but they are now in situ because of those failings of their predecessors and we have to come to terms with the consequences.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:42 When did he ask you to sign? ;-)
about a minute after he asked you..... =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 08:11 No I do not; but he does know business and he regards business from his own perspective and his own interests, if the club continues as an integral part of those interests without being raped; that is good for the club but the overriding feeling on these boards is that this is not the case.

You cannot denigrate Osborne because he is not Thea, just as you cannot denigrate Owers because he is not Nicholson; both owner and current manager were preceded by people incapable ~ for one reason or another ~ of doing the job that was required of them but they are now in situ because of those failings of their predecessors and we have to come to terms with the consequences.
My sentiments exactly! People harking on about Nicholson are pissing in the wind.

I reiterate my point from a previous post.....if the correct decisions had been made years ago (how these decisions came to be, I know have been debated) then we would still be an EFL club and Nicholson would not have been anywhere near the job. Maybe as a coach or youth set up but not in the hot seat for his first job
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I hear the local bus company are looking for 'L' plate drivers to work for them this summer; would YOU get on a double decker being driven by a learner? No; neither would I!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

sgf wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 11:37 People harking on about Nicholson are pissing in the wind.
I hear the local bus company are looking for 'L' plate drivers to work for them this summer; would YOU get on a double decker being driven by a learner? No; neither would I!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's no secret that I was very unhappy about the way Nicholson was judged and treated, however, I'm definitely not in the camp of those that wish to bring him back. He's part of our history and should stay there.

The Owers appointment was ridiculous in my view and a desperate move by a desperate man, proved by the wedge he paid to get him. Nothing about Owers filled me with enthusiasm, that was Harrops one chance to get it right and he failed miserably. We're doomed to regional football now so I doubt we'll ever get the manager the club needs.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Whilst I did not share Dave's pessimism over Owers; he has been proved right as the decision to appoint him has turned out to be a poor one.

As was the decision to remain with Nicholson after the end of last season; instead lumbering a new incumbent with the old manager's squad and the obvious realisation that when the move to sack Nicholson was made, that no hard and fast appointment to replace him was already in place.....naivety and stupidity of the highest order and indicative of the muddled thinking that results in relegation.

Harrop is clearly incompetent to head the football operation of the club and needs removing as much as anyone else!
Last edited by merse btpir on 21 Jan 2018, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Sadly all the above is true unless they fluke a rough diamond.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 12:10 It's no secret that I was very unhappy about the way Nicholson was judged and treated, however, I'm definitely not in the camp of those that wish to bring him back. He's part of our history and should stay there.
I wouldn't wish to bring back Nicholson either. For his own good and that of his family, he is well rid of the abject mess that is Torquay Un-united.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 03:36 What about Osborne?
Osborne is going nowhere, I am resigned to that reality, but he has a duty of care to the ' football club' & its 'supporters' ,so he should wield the axe at the departments that are failing which are .....

1,General Manager

2, Head of recruitment ......( which I unashamedly forgot )

3, Football head coach

4, Head coaches assistant

They are all as culpable as each other, Osborne is the owner & he has helped put these people in their current positions within the club, he should do the right thing & get rid forthwith.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I cant work out why Owers has lost his way so badly in the last 7 weeks. Up until then most people were
saying that we were improving, looking solid and the 3-5-2 seemed to suit us. We beat Ebbsfleet and Sutton
away, beat Orient home and drew with Aldershot with a good performance, all we needed was a half decent
striker, but now the defence and midfield is woefully lacking. Afraid it all seemed go wrong when Andresson
was brought in, maybe a good prospect but not what we needed and O'Sullivan, Fletcher, Mitchell all seem
like panic signings
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

desperado wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 13:36I cant work out why Owers has lost his way so badly in the last 7 weeks. Up until then most people were saying that we were improving, looking solid and the 3-5-2 seemed to suit us. We beat Ebbsfleet and Sutton away, beat Orient home and drew with Aldershot with a good performance, all we needed was a half decent striker
It was brought to my attention yesterday that the player I believe is his current target, is contracted to remain out on loan from his parent club until the end of the month. Perhaps there is no way round that contractual agreement that the FA would approve of it being terminated early; and so they have to wait.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I agree desperado I went away believing it was getting better each week and then we were crap I walked out yesterday. I heard they were after Gubb and offered a five figure fee then Forest Green came in and doubled it.
Last edited by arcadia on 21 Jan 2018, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 12:19 Whilst I did not share Dave's pessimism over Owers; he has been proved right as the decision to appoint him has turned out to be a poor one.

As was the decision to remain with Nicholson after the end of last season; instead lumbering a new incumbent with the old manager's squad and the obvious realisation that when the move to sack Nicholson was made, that no hard and fast appointment to replace him was already in place.....naivety and stupidity of the highest order and indicative of the muddled thinking that results in relegation.

Harrop is clearly incompetent to head the football operation of the club and needs removing as much as anyone else!
Completely agree. Nicholson should have gone after the north ferriby match, to allow a clean slate for this season. Instead the ownership and string puppet allowed him to spend the budget on a squad that in theory was looking ok, but ok comes at a price, these ok players where all injury prone. Where does Harrop live in Torquay, because I'm surprised there has not been a boycott outside it. The guy has to go.
Lucy