Torquay United v Bromley 20/1/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Yorkieandy, yes I will join. As I am sure my friends/family who I watch TUFC with will do the same. The basic fact is we have no other option as it stands. Or does anyone know otherwise!!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 17:40 feels like I'm -and all the other Gulls - are only going next week to Macc for the comedy value.... :@
Agree. I'm going as it will be the last time I see them in the north. I putting money on a Macclesfield win to pay for the defeat we will experience. So it's a free day out for me. It is so sole destroying. The players are complete losers and show no commitment and attitude. This sadly reflects the ownership of the club.
Lucy
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

How much more depressing and pathetic can it get? And Owers claims at post-match interview that he knows what he is doing...
He plays a right-footed forward with little ball control on the left - ineffective. He plays a totally left-footed midfielder on the right - very ineffective. Try switching wings?- no, not part of the knowleadgeable master plan.
We play high hopeful balls to our new loan striker who spends all his time unsupported and having to jump or chase for punts he will never get. We put on a tiny winger who runs round in circles and hardly sees the ball but a midfielder who can't tackle is out on the wing instead - very ineffective.
We lose all shape and purpose in midfield and get carved apart.
Were Bromley that special?- no, they didn't have to be, all any team needs to do is stick to the basics against us, ball to feet, triangles, beat a man, provide passes to team-mates queuing up to score from close range. How many opportunities did we make inside the penalty area from open play?- I counted one. And yet in another must-win home game our keeper is arguably man-of-the-match.
Do we resemble a full-time professional outfit or a Sunday league bunch. If mere fans can see problems on the pitch how can professional management stand by silently and cluelessly?
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Awful display, only players who can come out of that wit any credit are Young, Clarke and Romain, the rest can f*ck off as far as I’m concerned!

Clarke 7 - shaken at first but made some key saves towards end that kept it from being a cricket score.
Efete 6 - made some good runs but no one is ever on the same wavelength.
Bonatini 5 - god this guy is bad, slow, couple stone overweight, distribution terrible, send him back to Scotland!
Mcginty 5 - so Shakey when not in a 3 at the back
Davis 5 - his one decent attribute this season has been his defending but he had an afternoon to forget, Wanafio had him on toast and Rees made him look stupid for the pen. Still can’t deliver a ball when going forward.
Young 7 - seems to be the only one to care, one crunching tackle really got the popside going but he can only do so much, couple shots from distance, one hitting the post the other just wide.
Dowling 5 - Anonymous
O’sullivan 2 - where the hell did we find this guy?! Can’t pass, can’t shoot, certainly can’t tackle, is like playing with 10 with him in the side.
Reid 4 - first touch non existent today, offered nothing, back to his old ways out on wing.
Gosling 5 - Anonymous
Romain 6 - battled well, would be good with a partner up there however was too isolated.
Subs: Mitchell 4 - how did he ever play league one?!
Fletcher 5 - didn’t do a great deal, if I was him I’d be pleading to go back to Argyle
Keating 5 - didn’t do anything for short period he was on pitch.

Owers and Kuhl 1 - Recruitment is shite and their coaching is not much better as most the players have gone backwards.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

70 Bromley fans there yesterday. Fair play. Thought they would struggle to bring half that.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I first went to Plainmoor in 1954 and I really cannot remember such a shocking defensive display as we saw in the second half.
Apart from Efete, Dowling and O'Sullivan these are experienced professionals.
After winning 1-0 at Sutton on 21st Nov we only conceded 5 goals in 6 games up to Boxing Day but since then we have conceded 12 goals in 4 games excluding our 4-0 Home defeat in the F A Trophy.
We need Gowling back ASAP because Balatoni was awful yesterday.
Mitchell has come on as a sub twice and is a total lightweight.
O'Sullivan had a shocker. Gosling is a luxury player but another lightweight.
Has our Manager noticed that ALL the teams we play are big and physical and very fit. We are not competing.
We are going down for certain and it is becoming harder and harder going to Plainmoor when the team expects to lose.I cannot see any hope at the moment.Sorry to sound so very pessimistic but that is how I feel this morning.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 12:24 I first went to Plainmoor in 1954 and I really cannot remember such a shocking defensive display as we saw in the second half.
Apart from Efete, Dowling and O'Sullivan these are experienced professionals.
After winning 1-0 at Sutton on 21st Nov we only conceded 5 goals in 6 games up to Boxing Day but since then we have conceded 12 goals in 4 games excluding our 4-0 Home defeat in the F A Trophy.
We need Gowling back ASAP because Balatoni was awful yesterday.
Mitchell has come on as a sub twice and is a total lightweight.
O'Sullivan had a shocker. Gosling is a luxury player but another lightweight.
Has our Manager noticed that ALL the teams we play are big and physical and very fit. We are not competing.
We are going down for certain and it is becoming harder and harder going to Plainmoor when the team expects to lose.I cannot see any hope at the moment.Sorry to sound so very pessimistic but that is how I feel this morning.
I admired your optimism last week when you posted we still had hope based on being in exactly the same positionas we were two years ago. If we'd have won these two home games - Eastleigh and Bromley - I would have agreed there was a glimmer of hope, but not any more. I couldn't get to yesterday's game, but a mate told me (quote) "It was even worse than it could possibly get". Last week, I thought we played well against Eastleigh and deserved to win. Dowling and O'Sullivan were included in several of the five MoM thread, so how can they become so ineffective in a week? As soon as I heard Romain was being played as a lone striker, I groaned. Owers safety-first approach does not work !!! Let's have three strikers on and go for it - Romain, Fletcher and Keating, or Reid.

A few weeks ago, I posted that either us or Chester would be bottom of the league. I've changed my mind. I don't think Chester will be bottom ................ :'(
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

portugull wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 12:24 Has our Manager noticed that ALL the teams we play are big and physical and very fit. We are not competing.
The bleedibn' obvious that has been missed by every manager we have had since dropping back into this league.

Buckle knew what he was doing because he had served his time as an assistant manager/player coach in it; the chancers that were Hargreaves and Nichoslon clkearly hadn't and in between we had Cox who briefly showed us that he too had grasped this nettle.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We may be fitter but still get brushed off the ball too easily,nothing great about Bromley, just strong and
aggressive and play as a team, nothing great about any team in this league , the best one currently, lost
6-0 yesterday. Would think Owers and Kuhl would know whats required, but the signings of these
lightweight young lads is just lunacy
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Just seen the attendance was 1,547, with what the radio commentators estimated to be 60+ Bromley fans. Not looking forward to seeing what the attendance drops to for the Barrow game if we get hammered at Macclesfield as well.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Scarborough Athletic got 1,144 for their recent home game with Kendal Town. On Boxing Day against Taddy Albion they got 1,377. This is in Evo Stik North. This is a small seaside club in an isolated geographical position. The club would have to gain another 3 promotions in order to get where Torquay are.

Scarborough are a club on the up with a secure future under steady fan ownership whilst Torquay.................

WE NEED A PHOENIX CLUB!!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Yorkieandy wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 16:54 Scarborough Athletic got 1,144 for their recent home game with Kendal Town. On Boxing Day against Taddy Albion they got 1,377. This is in Evo Stik North. This is a small seaside club in an isolated geographical position. The club would have to gain another 3 promotions in order to get where Torquay are.

Scarborough are a club on the up with a secure future under steady fan ownership whilst Torquay.................

WE NEED A PHOENIX CLUB!!
In order to give the people of Torquay two clubs not to support, rather than just the one?
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Just watched the official video. Who the hell was No. 17?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 19:43 Just watched the official video. Who the hell was No. 17?
That was Gilbert, Wivel. :whistle:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

wivelgull wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 19:43Just watched the official video. Who the hell was No. 17?
O'Sullivan ~ I think we've signed a snooker player