Torquay United v Bromley 20/1/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

madgull wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 16:51 Oh, she did! So still made the money! :} :rofl:
:rofl:
nice one.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Owers isn’t going anywhere. CO will not sack him and he isn’t going to resign. Like I said previously. Be prepared for life in the National south with this set up.
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

Me too! 15/8 too good to resist against our shower of sh*t.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Cruisinho wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 16:55 Owers isn’t going anywhere. CO will not sack him and he isn’t going to resign. Like I said previously. Be prepared for life in the National south with this set up.
We all know that but Owers needs to know that he's a **** clueless manager and he has contributed hugely in what could be the ultimate death of the football club. He is another manager of the club once again who has literally stolen a wage and only made the club worse. Sad thing is he's not the first but may be the last.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

I walked out at 3 nil. Never done that in my life
Sat there freezing my bollocks off, soaking wet, cheering on my team and I get F**K ALL in return!!!!
The manager got both barrels as I left, and he's useless lap dog!!! with them too in charge we'll be lucky to survive NAtional league south!! they are useless.
at 1 nil, after being the better team for 40 mins, there's nothing, no encouragement from the technical box.
2 nill they just stand there with their arms folded. nothing
3 nil. just stand there and don't open their mouths!!!! it's a F**KING DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

A sad, sad day.
The lid has finally been nailed on the coffin.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Absolutely infuriating
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

goody2449 wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 17:01 I walked out at 3 nil. Never done that in my life
Sat there freezing my bollocks off, soaking wet, cheering on my team and I get F**K ALL in return!!!!
The manager got both barrels as I left, and he's useless lap dog!!! with them too in charge we'll be lucky to survive NAtional league south!! they are useless.
at 1 nil, after being the better team for 40 mins, there's nothing, no encouragement from the technical box.
2 nill they just stand there with their arms folded. nothing
3 nil. just stand there and don't open their mouths!!!! it's a F**KING DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They couldn't motivate Man City ,ideal pair if you want a quick relegation
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Personally i liked Nico and thought he was treated appallingly but that's another story. Yes i know the squad he left behind wasn't the best but FFS Owers has had 4 months plus to sort this out and the club weren't even in massive danger of relegation when O&K took over. Now they are about 12 points adrift and they not only can't get anything from the players already at the club but they keep bringing in dummies who NEVER PRODUCE ANYTHING!! Loanee here, loanee there and they're all absolute dogshite.

I am absolutely 100% sure that like for like, if Nico was still boss the club might well still be in the bottom 4 but they'd still be in there fighting and i'd disagree with anyone who thought otherwise. Even Merse! :na: Nico is a fighter. Owers is a puppet.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 20 Jan 2018, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A true low point in the clubs history. There is no excuse for losing like this every week
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Now it's starting to feel like a hammer blow.
Osborne says the director of football is doing a good job. Good job doing what though.
Chubby Harrop and osborne are like killing the fans within the club
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

There is only one thing to do now.

greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 17:18 Personally i liked Nico and thought he was treated appallingly but that's another story. Yes i know the squad he left behind wasn't the best but FFS Owers has had 4 months plus to sort this out and the club weren't even in massive danger of relegation when O&K took over. Now they are about 12 points adrift and they not only can't get anything from the players already at the club but they keep bringing in dummies who NEVER PRODUCE ANYTHING!! Loanee here, loanee there and they're all absolute dogshite.

I am absolutely 100% sure that like for like, if Nico was still boss the club might well still be in the bottom 4 but they'd still be in there fighting and i'd disagree with anyone who thought otherwise. Even Merse! :na: Nico is a fighter. Owers is a puppet.
Nicholson was treated disgracefully and so early in the season and was a motivator people wanted to play for and I'm sure the players would be putting in some effort if he was still around,as for the present clowns they're depressing just seeing the expressions on their faces and monotone presentation, no wonder the players are depressed as bad as they may be.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

I do wish people would stop going on about Nico. Whether you agree with his sacking or not, he isn't coming back, most don't want him back and comparing his record to Owers is a pointless exercise.

Get over it. What people are wrote about Nico six months ago you could copy and paste it for Owers now. Clueless, naive tactically, lost the players to name but a few things people said about Nico

Owers needs to go but please.....
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Well i cant belive im saying this lol but bring nicho back surely anything is better than this lot .....bring back lee Andrews and right back , being back Dean Mooney , bring back anyone