Club Statement

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Club Statement

Post by sgf »

https://www.torquayunited.com/club-statement/

No mention of remaining full time.......
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Or a fans forum....
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

theres part of that i agree with,

Torbay and its old council/mayor shambolic system are still in the dark ages,

Torwood street a disgrace as is the Pavilion, regeneration done correctly - like Abbey Sands is what Torbay needs.

In terms of leisure facilities Torbay does lack alot (Clennon Valley does provide some)

Exeter council are deciding to spend silly money on renovating the Pyramid swimming pool rather than invest in a 50m pool

if you could copy the life centre in Plymouth and put in on Nightingale park you could transform Torbay, it would be used from morning to night

Whether or not it has a football ground bolted on the side and training facilities - e.g 4g astro turfs (to remove the need for a training ground) who knows
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

No mention of anything of substance. Such a classic and predicable statement designed solely to try and settle the growing unrest over the past week or so that was clearly starting to cause some concern amongst our elite. The statement doesn't actually say anything and is purely to try and appease those fans not yet up to speed with the concept that there 'aint going to be a stadium and in all likelihood there 'aint going to be a club.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Load of poo.

It's ok to go down to NLS apparently as that would be step forward in the long term. Call me Mr pessimist but somehow i don't see it.

Just one of the subtle hints that indicate CO is really happy with how things are going at the minute but doesn't want it to come across that way.

The 5 year plan may indeed still be on target but sadly it's the 5 year plan the owner wants and not the 5 year plan the fans want.

Next...............
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

"I think we have brought stability, security and an attainable vision and come what may in the remainder of the season we intend to complete this project and deliver a sustainable and successful future for the Club."

Clearly doesn't look at the league table...
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

"we just need to accelerate the pace and build momentum and support towards these major leisure developments.."

WELL GET ON WITH IT THEN!! WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?!!

You say that "the Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision and are both supportive....."

GET IT STARTED THEN!! FGS!! WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?!!

If the primary reason you bought the club was to see it move into a new multi purpose stadium then GET IT DONE!!!!!! WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?!!!

Build the new ground, sign it over so it's protected and get the club up and running in it then do whatever you want with Plainmoor afterwards.

I question why money would be spent on all the improvements claimed when the club are supposed to be moving out in a few years. Makes no sense.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

"Our goal remains: to build a sustainable and successful club based on a sound financial and operating structure delivering entertainment and sport to the whole of Torbay."

Notice that sport (not football) is secondary to entertainment.

I am convinced that a new purpose built multi event stadium and academy, with supporting leisure activities, good road and rail communication and acres of car parking

Acres of car parking? Where is this (imaginary) stadium supposed to be? There isn't enough land at Nightingale Park for a stadium, academy AND acres of car parking.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

A great exercise in smoke and mirrors Mr Osborne!
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Agree with all of the above but, short term, the next big battle is the club remaining full-time following the inevitable relegation.

If they decide to go part-time, that will probably answer about 100 of our questions in one go.....

The optimist in me says he will bankroll one season to give it a go. The pessimist in me says I'll be reading the line up in the Herald under 'local football' with 2 "A.N Others" for subs. Meet at The York at 10.30 for lifts.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

I know he promised a forum but, if I was CO, would you chance it in a room with 200 supporters right now?? I dare say GH is making him aware of the apathy/anger and he is thinking "f#@k that"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

"The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision and are both supportive and encouraging."

If the council want to build a stadium why would they need Clarke Osbourne? What does he bring to the table? He's never built a stadium in his life.

Surely they could find any number of developers with a track record of success in this area rather than waste time with this no mark?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Really? These words are supposed to have come out of the mouth of Clarke Osborne ,who incidentally admits he knows little about football, more than likely written by his puppet with Osbornes name attached.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Jerry wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 12:26 "The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision and are both supportive and encouraging."

If the council want to build a stadium why would they need Clarke Osbourne? What does he bring to the table? He's never built a stadium in his life.

Surely they could find any number of developers with a track record of success in this area rather than waste time with this no mark?
:goodpost:
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

Let's be clear. The only reason for this statement today is that TUST and fans on the forums have started to become much more organised and vocal.

So we need to look past the content of the statement and realise that all of us have forced the Club to speak out. It is an early sign that as we grow stronger we will prevail.

To those who have not yet joined TUST, please do so quickly.

Well done everyone.

Chris
Chris
TUST member 479