Club Statement

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Teigngull wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 19:28 Oh my god no , I have this problem with constant effing & blinding , couldn't & more than likely wouldn't be able to keep a civil tongue in my head, yeah I've got the passion for it , but not the self control ! Women & children present ! You know what I mean ?
Cheers anyway Yorkie.
Same here :clap: but not as bad as you though. :na:

I'm just a bit disheartened this evening. I thought the other day things were gathering momentum but now i'm unsure. Amazing effort on your part though again Teigngull. To the point, uncompromising and honest but fair. That's the way in which i prefer things to be done.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Wow is osborne is so amazed by the yellow army ECT ECT but has been arsed to turn up too a game this season

Answer anone ?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 19:44 Wow is osborne is so amazed by the yellow army ECT ECT but has been arsed to turn up too a game this season

Answer anone ?
On the brandy early :na:
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Surely this statement was delegated by Osborne for harrop to write, purely because Osborne says Geoff is doing a great job. Utter tosh. Torquay as a club Is not just about Torbay, what about the supporters nationwide that unite this great club.
Lucy
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Convinced a new ground will be for the good of Torquay United - or convinced it will make him and his companies richer?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

As of today Hartlepool have had more than six offers to buy the club. If one of them succeeds perhaps the other five would like to turn their attention to Torquay.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 19:48 On the brandy early :na:
Lucy what are you trying to say Well your wrong ....

It Is a bottle of jim BArry The Forger Shiraz

Why not it's Friday night after all
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

[BBvideo=560,315][/BBvideo]
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

The biggest load of horse shit I've read. You're not kidding anyone with your distracting tactics Clarkey me old Mucka. We all know you're here to rinse this club and make millions from property development - very risky behaviour all of this because he is upsetting a lot of people.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Couldn’t even be bothered to read his statement. All Osborne ever does is talk a load of nonsense. His plan was clear from the beginning, it was obvious. I’m glad to see the TUST finding some motivation and perhaps talking about real, viable options, rather than magical ideas. In my opinion, that is the only way TUFC can survive, or we may as well plan for AFC Torquay. Will there be any club left by the time he’s finished? Not sure. But the supporters need to get up from their chairs, get away from their laptops, get away from their moaning and groaning and put it all to action. It’s nice to see it from a bigger section of our fan base, it would great to see that continue. It’s about time the TUFC community was united.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

standupsitdown wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:25 Convinced a new ground will be for the good of Torquay United - or convinced it will make him and his companies richer?
Neither, he's never built one.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

TUFC Statement,

It is safe to say the gulls have not had the season most fans hoped for, with them lying at the bottom of their league.

The Club Chairman, Clark Osborne, issued a statement this week which you can read on the TUFC website by clicking here. In the statement he refers to “a new purpose built multi event stadium and academy, with supporting leisure activities, good road and rail communication and acres of car parking”. He then states “The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision”.

In light of this earlier today I spoke with Cllr Dave Thomas, who leads the majority Conservative group on Torbay Council, to ask if there had been any developments on this issue. He was clear there have been no discussions with Councillors and no plans for a new stadium have been put forward for consideration by them. He was unable to comment on why this statement had been made, but he made clear the Bay’s Councillors (On a cross party basis) were skeptical about this suggestion and would be almost certain to block any sale of Plainmoor’s Freehold as part of it.

I will include any further news in future updates.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

greb46 wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 06:53 TUFC Statement,

It is safe to say the gulls have not had the season most fans hoped for, with them lying at the bottom of their league.

The Club Chairman, Clark Osborne, issued a statement this week which you can read on the TUFC website by clicking here. In the statement he refers to “a new purpose built multi event stadium and academy, with supporting leisure activities, good road and rail communication and acres of car parking”. He then states “The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision”.

In light of this earlier today I spoke with Cllr Dave Thomas, who leads the majority Conservative group on Torbay Council, to ask if there had been any developments on this issue. He was clear there have been no discussions with Councillors and no plans for a new stadium have been put forward for consideration by them. He was unable to comment on why this statement had been made, but he made clear the Bay’s Councillors (On a cross party basis) were skeptical about this suggestion and would be almost certain to block any sale of Plainmoor’s Freehold as part of it.

I will include any further news in future updates.
From Kevin Foster Torbay MP
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

This needs taking issue with:
"The major success, in my opinion, is the reformation of a youth system at our Club and the start of building a strong sustainable Academy. It forms the backbone of future sustainable success"

When the reality is when an 'academy' parent posts:
1) the idea to set up a youth system was that of Torquay United Community Sports Trust and has only been taken back in house since the start of January. This was a major mistake in my view, as if and when the club changes hands (or folds) the new owners could easily close the youth system down but if it was under the wing of TUCST it would have been protected.

2) unfortunately at the moment it’s no more successful than the first team and the set up, in almost every respect, has gone backwards since the start of the season. A major reason for this was Harrop’s insistence on having every age group from U8 - U16 represented instead of concentrating meagre resources on just U11 - U14 which was what TUCST wanted.

Whilst there are a few, it suffers from a severe shortage decent well qualified coaches (good coaches leaving quickly and being replaced by less qualified ones), lack of training (just over an hour a week) coaches who aren’t inspirational or dedicated and would rather have a day off (see Edit below) than arrange additional training sessions when possible, lack of matches, shortage of quality players, lack of commitment from many players and parents (boys missing training sessions week after week & not attending sessions run in school holidays).

In my opinion the name Torquay United has become toxic in the age groups 11-16 and a lot boys and parents who should be involved won’t touch us with a barge pole after how the closure of the Academy was handled. The younger age groups may find TUFC more attractive but the first intake are heavily Plymouth based and it doesn’t take a genius to work out where the better ones will end up.

Harrop knows youth football obviously and I’m sure in his heart he realises what is currently in place is a million miles away from being an Academy. With Torbay’s most talented boys travelling to Plymouth’s or Exeter’s Academy, if he or anyone else thinks what is currently in place for boys not up to Academy standard is any way comparable to what is being offered by Saints South West or Chelsea Football Foundation they are pathetically deluded.

Edit - as an example of the 'can't be arsed' attitude by some coaches at TUFC, I've just had a text by a friend who has a son in the U12s (his son is a decent defender in the making). Their game has been called off tomorrow due to the weather but he has just noticed Saints South West U12s (who's game is also off tomorrow) are playing in a Devon FA futsal tournament this evening (inside obvs). So their squad are having an intensive football session tonight, which will help with their first touch and control, whereas the TUFC U12s have no football at all this weekend and will be on their Playstations instead. He is furious that their coach hasn't signed his squad up to play in this tournament and he hasn't even bothered to arrange training tomorrow to replace the game (using the excuse Seale Hayne is too wet - really?). He asked me, in a rhetorical way, to guess what team he will be trying to get his son a place in next year?

Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/pos ... z54iJrZSj1
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Totally agree with your post Merse.

I m part of a local Pioneer league team. We have played TUFC twice and beaten them both times. In fact we played them in a tournament and i dont think they won a game. We have boys who play for TUFC in the JPL league on a Saturday and they are being well beaten constantly. They then turn up on a Sunday for their team and they are fatigued and low in morale. When i ask them what kind of training they are doing they tell me that our training is far better. You then ask yourself why they are playing. Its the usual parent thing again hoping that their son is going to make it professionally.
TUFC are light years behind Exeter and Plymouth's academy.