Club Statement

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I agree with Chris wholeheartedly; if we don't help ourselves don't expect people like the Herald Express to help us.

If we don't make a noise don't expect the owner to notice us.

Self help, noise and continuance of it is the key!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Annoying bunch aren't we?

All the huff and puff from Osborne is so predictable.

So he's happy with Harrop spunking his money away and going backwards? All part of the 5 year plan obviously!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

"After pulling off the great escape last year,..." Nichos remit - mission accomplished - outcome 'sacked'
"...intention of challenging at the right end of the table..." - Owers remit - mission failed - outcome 'doing a good job'
"...pleased with the progress of General Manager Geoff Harrop..." WTF - give me a bucket.
"Circumstances on the pitch have impacted some of our time-frames" - hold up! where is this statement leading
"...a new purpose built multi event stadium..." 'Multi-event' being the operative word - no mention of football stadium
"The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision and are both supportive and encouraging." Alarm bells ringing.
"If the worst happens this season, our objectives remain..." a wrecking ball with a history of razing stadiums,
"...come what may...we intend to complete this project..." This prospect fills me with consternation.

There is one comment within the Statement that is 100% correct
" I am sure every supporter will fight to the last"
On that Mr Osborne you can be guaranteed.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

This has been posted on the Torquay United Yellow Army Facebook page by Adrian Saunders regarding the statement from the club:

"The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision and are both supportive and encouraging." Where does he get this idea from? The Council hasn't discussed this or any other 'vision' for TUFC. It's claims like this that make me suspicious, and not just of the club's owner"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I wonder if he's suspicious of Gordon Oliver? ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

MellowYellow wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 14:46 "After pulling off the great escape last year,..." Nichos remit - mission accomplished - outcome 'sacked'
"...intention of challenging at the right end of the table..." - Owers remit - mission failed - outcome 'doing a good job'
"...pleased with the progress of General Manager Geoff Harrop..." WTF - give me a bucket.
"Circumstances on the pitch have impacted some of our time-frames" - hold up! where is this statement leading
"...a new purpose built multi event stadium..." 'Multi-event' being the operative word - no mention of football stadium
"The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision and are both supportive and encouraging." Alarm bells ringing.
"If the worst happens this season, our objectives remain..." a wrecking ball with a history of razing stadiums,
"...come what may...we intend to complete this project..." This prospect fills me with consternation.

There is one comment within the Statement that is 100% correct
" I am sure every supporter will fight to the last"
On that Mr Osborne you can be guaranteed.
:goodpost:
Couldn’t have summed that up any better.
This isn’t the first statement released to the media in a panic this week .
The government announcing an urgent enquiry will be launched regarding the collapse of Carrillion . Usually sign in politics that the government have had their grubby mitts in the club okie jar.
Osbornes statement is so contrived it makes me seethe .
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

"The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision and are both supportive and encouraging"

This may explain the DEAFENING SILENCE emanating from Councillors (St Marychurch ward) Mssrs Bent, Brooks & Hill , not even an acknowledgment of my email !
We should now understand where their bread gets buttered.
Don't forget guys YOU HAVE THE POWER TO GET THESE SELF SERVING PIGS OUT do not waste your vote when it matters.
F#;k me, now I'm annoyed again. :@
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Clearly this statement has been about the noise we have been making. Must now ramp it up. Geoff Harrop has done a great job lol. In all respect to owers and it's been documented that it was done in last few days of that 4 week timeframe , that 4 weeks was incompetence. All at least the managers that were available thought.

The promise of league football ECT is all just a hoodwink to sign up the vision they want to create
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 16:02 I wonder if he's suspicious of Gordon Oliver? ;-)
Everyone is suspicious of Gordon Oliver - even fellow Conservative councillors !!! Slippery and eels spring to mind ......
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Teigngull wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 16:08 "The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision and are both supportive and encouraging"

This may explain the DEAFENING SILENCE emanating from Councillors (St Marychurch ward) Mssrs Bent, Brooks & Hill , not even an acknowledgment of my email !
Don't forget guys YOU HAVE THE POWER TO GET THESE SELF SERVING PIGS OUT do not waste your vote when it matters.
If these councillors haven't the decency to reply they are wasting everyone's time and should be removed from their position they are supposed to be acting on behalf of voters so if not are a complete waste of space,disgusting!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

greb46 wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 17:38 If these councillors haven't the decency to reply they are wasting everyone's time and should be removed from their position they are supposed to be acting on behalf of voters so if not are a complete waste of space,disgusting!
Don't be surprised that our councillors are not doing anything to stop the crucifixion of TUFC. They're 'fiddling while Rome burns'.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

MellowYellow wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 18:08 Don't be surprised that our councillors are not doing anything to stop the crucifixion of TUFC. They're 'fiddling while Rome burns'.
A Council in cahoots with the owner just hope I'm wrong.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Teigngull wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 16:08 "The Mayor and the Council are aligned in this vision and are both supportive and encouraging"

So pi$$3d off with the 3 Musketeers , so I emailed Gordon Oliver ...........

Subject: Acknowledgment of email.

Dear Mayor.
On 16/01/18 I decided to ask the 3 sitting councillors in the St Marychurch ward (Mssrs Bent,Brooks & Hill) a question about their views on the current happenings at TUFC
I would of thought that showing the electorate the common courtesy of at least acknowledging the email sent would be one of their first reactions, even if there is the reluctance on their part to comment on the subject in hand.
A slight nudge from you in the right direction to these ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE WARD THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO SERVE would go a long way.
After all, as I said, these people have been elected to serve the ward with no exceptions of colour, creed or persuasion.

Many thanks in anticipation of putting this right.

G R****** ( Mr )
TQ14 ***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's see how this pans out ?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Teigngull wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 19:07 So pi$$3d off with the 3 Musketeers , so I emailed Gordon Oliver ...........

Subject: Acknowledgment of email.

Dear Mayor.
On 16/01/18 I decided to ask the 3 sitting councillors in the St Marychurch ward (Mssrs Bent,Brooks & Hill) a question about their views on the current happenings at TUFC
I would of thought that showing the electorate the common courtesy of at least acknowledging the email sent would be one of their first reactions, even if there is the reluctance on their part to comment on the subject in hand.
A slight nudge from you in the right direction to these ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE WARD THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO SERVE would go a long way.
After all, as I said, these people have been elected to serve the ward with no exceptions of colour, creed or persuasion.

Many thanks in anticipation of putting this right.

G R****** ( Mr )
TQ14 ***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's see how this pans out ?
Great effort man! :-D

Have you thought about running for TUST spokesman? :) :bow:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Oh my god no , I have this problem with constant effing & blinding , couldn't & more than likely wouldn't be able to keep a civil tongue in my head, yeah I've got the passion for it , but not the self control ! Women & children present ! You know what I mean ?
Cheers anyway Yorkie.