Elliott Romain

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Elliott Romain

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

He’s got a goal in him!
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

So Dagenham & Redbridge signed him based on his showing in the division below, but haven't played him in this division.

He's 26 & never featured at this level. They are happy to loan him out for the rest of the season?

So this is new territory to him. His strike partner has less than 10 appearances in league football.

What a statement of intent!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fear not. There's a 5 year plan ........
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Parkys People wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 17:34 So Dagenham & Redbridge signed him based on his showing in the division below, but haven't played him in this division.

He's 26 & never featured at this level. They are happy to loan him out for the rest of the season?

So this is new territory to him. His strike partner has less than 10 appearances in league football.

He's played 8 games this season in the National League scoring once and 3 goals in 4 games for Welling in National South. Dagenham paid a fee to Eastbourne for him March 2017 after he scored 20.
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull »

Parkys People wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 17:34 So Dagenham & Redbridge signed him based on his showing in the division below, but haven't played him in this division.

FFS be positive
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

kerswellgull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 18:02 FFS be positive
Why? For the sake of it?!

I don't see positivity in it & won't hide it.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Be positive?!!!

Haha! Bugger me.

Wake up. He's a nobody and if he can prove otherwise by scoring loads to keep the club up then we'll revise our thoughts to something a bit fairer but Owers is bringing in these players and they have so much pressure on their shoulders to almost singlehandedly keep the club up. Players who have done nowt.

Be positive?!!

No!! Unbelievable
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

A better bet than Blisset somebody said.

Good luck to him though, I hope he does well.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

o:) Oh god LETTUCE pray !
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 18:16 o:) Oh god LETTUCE pray !
:lol:

Hopefully he'll be a little gem kos getting us off the bottom of the league will be just the tip of the iceberg. The rest of the players need a rocket up their arses.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

If they announced they had signed him up on a 18 month contact as part of the squad building exercise for next season battle in the NSL, I may have suggested it is a good NSL signing. He appears to be a fairly decent regional footballer, just not quite got the skills to make the next step up - no shame in that.

But brought in as loan striker who has been plying his trade on loan to Welling, to score the goals required to pull us out of the NL relegation mire... I'm sorry, but words just fail me.

Ower's for me is 'out of his depth' he cannot think outside the NLS box and appears certainly not to have any contacts or talent spotting skills. Have we still got the Recruitment Manager on the books?
Last edited by MellowYellow on 18 Jan 2018, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

DB57 wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 18:14A better bet than Blisset somebody said.
I sadi that because the player who I am told travelled down to Torquay yesterday was not Romain and has a goals to appearance ratio of 0.65 whilst Blissett's is 0.21

As I've said on another thread I reckon there is another signing in the front two department imminent unless the player I was told about has been down and decided it's not for him.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

It appears Romain's claim to fame was at Eastbourne Borough so I has a gander at their forum of 10 plus 1 goat and not a lot of comments on his departure. Here are a couple of snippets I found

' I remember last season thinking he has potential but isn't quite the finished article. He may take a little time to acclimatise to the higher standard, as he did when he first arrived here, and I hope Daggers fans will appreciate this (though who knows, maybe he will hit the ground running!).' and

'Don't think he was appreciated by the manager as he was not always on the starting lineup.'
Last edited by MellowYellow on 18 Jan 2018, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Owers hopes he'll score the goals so we can ROMAIN in the National league. :-D =D :na: