Elliott Romain

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Was the keeper you were looking over exceptionally tall or are you a very short arse🤓🤓🤓🤓
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 22:20 Was the keeper you were looking over exceptionally tall or are you a very short arse🤓🤓🤓🤓
Welcome back, Terry. I was wondering where you'd got to. Have you joined TUST yet? I'd urge you to do so if you haven't yet ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Having read about this lad just maybe he can do something for us .
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Where did you read about him westy ? In the grocers weekly ? He'd probably do us a good salad ( not for Harrop though ) .
I'm sorry this stooopidness will now cease I promise
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Read reports from his time at Eastbourne ....sounds a grounded lad who wants to well. Ok time at daggers not so successfull but if he had of been we wouldn't have had him now. So has done well at lower level and not so well at above our level , maybe he can do something.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Any bets he will be on the bench anyway.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I know we need a striker to take chances up front but we should not be pinning all our hopes on
this lad. As Mr Sturrock said, the whole mentality of the team towards scoring goals has to change
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If they get in the player they're trying to he would be the ideal foil to help him get in the right positions to take advantage of his skillset. That's why I'm preferring to look at the potential rather than the negatives of like you say, pinning all our hopes on him alone.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 09:05 If they get in the player they're trying to he would be the ideal foil to help him get in the right positions to take advantage of his skillset. That's why I'm preferring to look at the potential rather than the negatives of like you say, pinning all our hopes on him alone.
Is this the same player who was linked at the start of the week who has previously played for us and at a NL club.. i.e Danny Mills?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Four hours on and we have no answer on that. Torquay United proud members of the National South.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

NOT YET DAZZA. Miracles do happen but not usually 3 years in a row!
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

We have a striker, He may not be the best but what do we really expect to be honest? Look where we are. Let's just give him a chance!
Paignton boy

Post by Paignton boy »

We, supposedly, already have 2 or 3 ‘strikers’ but none are delivering. Where is this ‘target man’ that some people say is coming?!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Just thought i'd come on and give the lad some credit and highlight how he is having a good go at proving me wrong. Unlike the totally inept Reece Mitchell who i was 100% correct about before he came in.

Romain has (by all accounts) put in a couple of solid, grafting performances and has actually scored a goal so if he continues in this vein, even despite relegation i think he can hold his head up and be able to say he did his bit.

It's early days but if i'm prepared to write him off before a ball is kicked then i should be prepared to show gratitude and give credit where it's due. Shame some of the clubs other total wastes of spaces in yellow shirts can't take his example.

All you want from an attacker is for him to come in, give it his all, score a few goals and have a positive influence on the team and it looks like he's been doing that thus far.

Hopefully he can get a couple more tomorrow and get the glimmer of hope back in the season.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 20:53 Just thought i'd come on and give the lad some credit and highlight how he is having a good go at proving me wrong. Unlike the totally inept Reece Mitchell who i was 100% correct about before he came in.

Romain has (by all accounts) put in a couple of solid, grafting performances and has actually scored a goal so if he continues in this vein, even despite relegation i think he can hold his head up and be able to say he did his bit.

It's early days but if i'm prepared to write him off before a ball is kicked then i should be prepared to show gratitude and give credit where it's due. Shame some of the clubs other total wastes of spaces in yellow shirts can't take his example.

All you want from an attacker is for him to come in, give it his all, score a few goals and have a positive influence on the team and it looks like he's been doing that thus far.

Hopefully he can get a couple more tomorrow and get the glimmer of hope back in the season.
:goodpost: