Elliott Romain

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I was a little abrupt with kerswellgull earlier so for that i apologize.

I think everyone wants the boy to come in and do really well and have a huge impact on our season but i think most of us expect that not to happen to be fair. It's not being negative but more realistic. If it had been an experienced loanee from a league club then perhaps we could be talking but it's straw clutching by Owers and a low level addition that tells you that the owner has no intention of attempting to stay up.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 18 Jan 2018, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I actually see potential in this signing. Sure we all hoped for someone a little more experienced and higher profile but this could be a good step if he has the right partner.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 19:55 I actually see potential in this signing. Sure we all hoped for someone a little more experienced and higher profile but this could be a good step if he has the right partner.
You sure he's signed for Torquay and not gone on Dancing on Ice? :S
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

We outbid York to get him in ;-)
Dave

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 20:01 We outbid York to get him in ;-)
Jeez. He MUST be good then. :-/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 19:43 Owers hopes he'll score the goals so we can ROMAIN in the National league. :-D =D :na:
:lol:

How true. I shall look back at this squad next season in the NLS and think to myself only player Romain's.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I think he'll be a raving hit. It's about time someone came from nowhere and became a Gull legend.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

The news was so popular it crashed the TUFC website...well, it didn't work for me at least. Dorel has signed until the end of the season too which is good. Despite Clarke's mistake I think we have a couple of decent GK's on our books. If we can get Gowling back running the show and have this new lad firing goals in for fun we might just be ok.

I warn you I've had very little sleep and am questioning my own optimisim...
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 19:55 I actually see potential in this signing. Sure we all hoped for someone a little more experienced and higher profile but this could be a good step if he has the right partner.
Agreed, I mean Dagenham only tried him for 20 games and his return of 1 goal is exceptional... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

arrywithanh wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 20:34 Agreed, I mean Dagenham only tried him for 20 games and his return of 1 goal is exceptional... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Obviously you can do better ......

Comments are fine but the way you have just put that accross with those claps shows what a moron you are
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I've seen him play on a few occasion Dave, hard worker, stands out in a team of hoof footballers but nonetheless he makes Pittman look like Sergio Agüero. Still we can only give the lad a chance as with Fletcher. This farce is neither of their faults. But with 17 games to go, rotating the squad with unproven loan players is really 'clutching at straws'. Nicho was brought in to keep us in the National League - he accomplished his task and was sacked. Owers was brought in because he 'ticked all the boxes' to get us promoted never mind staving off relegation. Well he is not going to accomplish his task - so time to go. He had a squad of players who he should have worked with and got the best out instead of playing this transfer 'lotto' in the vain hope he picks a winner.

If Owers is not gone next season, I will be.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 20:37 Obviously you can do better ......

Comments are fine but the way you have just put that accross with those claps shows what a moron you are
How does my comment insinuate that I could do better? Did I use 'I' ? I think it is fair to say you share the moron tag... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I say sorry for that word. I was wrong for saying that !!!!! I'd have said that to someone I know or expect it said to me if someone I knew me

But however the number of them moving pictures
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I did say with the "right partner".

I've seen him play a few times when he was at Eastbourne when I was looking over a keeper and as Merse alludes to he plays well off a target man. If, and it's a big IF we get the right player alongside him he could score a few.

So, as I said, I can see the potential, should I have been more negative?
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

westyorkshiregull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 20:37 Obviously you can do better ......

It's fine. He obviously isn't capable of reading my post clearly so his response is to be expected.
Dave