Cheer Up!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
JonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Cheer Up!

Post by JonGull »

I thought we could all use a little cheering up - give this a watch once a week/day/hour to remind you of how things once were! What a cracking team Torquay United once had.

"Carlisle checks inside; looking for Benyon... SILLS!"

[BBvideo=560,315][/BBvideo]

Maybe we will return to the promised land one day... :scarf: :scarf:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Makes me feel more depressed
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Having said that I've just put a new video on the new history section , picture quality has been reduced by the YouTube servers but still that did cheer me up a little. Lot of memories
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Saddened at the contrast.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I've lost track of this forum...no matter what the original thread they have all dwindled into some form of mild depression and moanig- all of which is relatively justified given the state of affairs, none the less I feel lost on here because every darn thread is the SAME!

For example, I keep diving into the STRIKER thread hoping to read some good news but its just more generic moaning.

Thanks for spreading a little cheer. I didn't even watch the video but I feel its sentiment!
KlinK
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KlinK »

Really JonGull?

Things once, for some of us, were challenging for promotion out of the equivalent of League 1. All I read on these forums are the problems of the past five years yet we were relegated to the conference at the end of season 2006/2007 to end eighty years of football league status. The problems seem to have stemmed from at least ten years ago.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

KlinK wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 23:41 Really JonGull?

Things once, for some of us, were challenging for promotion out of the equivalent of League 1. All I read on these forums are the problems of the past five years yet we were relegated to the conference at the end of season 2006/2007 to end eighty years of football league status. The problems seem to have stemmed from at least ten years ago.
i know exactly what you're saying, Klink. As one of those who packed into the old Cow Shed to make it shake and rattle in the late fifties and sixties, it grieves me to see how the club I have supported for well over half a century has fallen to such depths as we are now.

However, being an old fart, when we were first relegated to the Conference, i sadly resigned myself to never seeing league football again at Plainmoor in my lifetime. Then just two years later, I was with my two lads and grandson at Wembley. We were dead in line when Wayne Carlisle had the ball on the right wing. We were screaming "Cross it, Cross it". Wayne, class player that he was, looked up, took his time and then picked out Tim Sills head with a perfect cross. Sillsy did the rest and we were back in the Football League. It was moment I will never forget (as well as Bamber's missed penalty in the Blackpool play-off - what a games that was!) and I don't mind admitting to shedding a tear. I also recall Michael Poke making a fantastic save in the first half, but that never seems to get a mention, so maybe it wasn't such a fantastic save as I remember. So thanks, Jongull, for bringing some light relief to the Forum.

Eight years or so on, I can now confidently predict that I shall never see league football at Plainmoor ever again ...... :'(
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Great memories. I hope we can get back to the glory days and under fan ownership.