Jim Parker Herald Express

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 13:06 If you'd met him you'd realise he has had a charisma removal and as all the dynamism of a limp lettuce.......used to known as 'The Rev'
Ah right, thanks Merse!

As my old Dad used to say, it's like shaking hands with a dead, wet fish! :)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 13:06 If you'd met him you'd realise he has had a charisma removal and as all the dynamism of a limp lettuce.......used to known as 'The Rev'
I think that's unfair. Richard is a decent bloke, I suspect the policy of appeasement comes from more worldly, experienced sources.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

He might be 'a decent bloke' but in this fight he's as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

That might work on a Honda Gold Wing.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

A singular suggestion every now and again that there is concern to be held over Riviera Stadium Ltd buying up even more shares in the club so that they now own 91% of the shareholding as opposed to the 74.7% that they acquired from Torquay United Holdings Limited when they eradicated Dave Phillips and Co from the scene....so who has been selling shares to Clarke Osborne and why is he doing this?

If us social media observers can spot this why can't the professional journalists?

A simple point about stadium projects that have not materialised made clearly would require no more than a few paragraphs from the local reporters. Instead we kept on getting guff about dog tracks in Japan, that I'm pretty sure was wrong in the first place, which all seemed designed to impress us as a contributor reminds us during the night on BTPIR. Now it's simply the "Swindon-based businessman" which almost seems to be intended to deflect attention from Mr Osborne's prime role as a stadium operator (or are these subtle, coded critical messages that I'm missing?). And, even though it was years ago, I believe what happened at Eastville is relevant because of what's happened since. Meat-and-drink to an old-time football reporter like Dave Thomas, surely? It's hardly been aired. It was the 1980s after all; the very time warp he often appears to be stuck in.

Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/pos ... z54tSfyN00
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Perhaps email concerns to Radio Devon, ITV etc.

I have emailed Radio Devon on [email protected]

Or

Breaking news, story ideas or general enquiries:

Main switchboard: 01752 260323

News desk: 01752 234511
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

yellowsmiffy wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 00:42 Quite simply, the local press should be reporting on the things that actually matter about TUFC.

Currently, I can't believe that any fan really gives a flying **** about what the match reports say in the paper. We lose every week, the players will mostly be gone by season and there's very little going on (on the field) that really matters anymore the season.

There is only one thing that matters at TUFC at this moment, and that is protecting the club's future. There is a real story to be told here, and any half decent journalist should be trying to investigate it and tell it IMO.
:goodpost:
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I've contacted Copa 90 which is a very big YouTube channel to do a feature on us. Worth a shot to see if they will do one - they did one on Leyton Orient last year so who knows.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

http://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-new ... ng-1088540 Another bit of informative journalism by the Herald Express, it's not really that hard an article to put together and doesn't contain any revelations but it's exactly the kind of thing they could put together about Clarke Osborne's past history in building stadiums...but won't.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

merse btpir wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 06:54 A singular suggestion every now and again that there is concern to be held over Riviera Stadium Ltd buying up even more shares in the club so that they now own 91% of the shareholding as opposed to the 74.7% that they acquired from Torquay United Holdings Limited when they eradicated Dave Phillips and Co from the scene....so who has been selling shares to Clarke Osborne and why is he doing this?

Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/pos ... z54tSfyN00
Aren't they the shares held by the Bryn Walker/Michelle Williams lot? Harking back to the days of Chris Roberts? So when the Rowe/Boyce consortium purchased shares, they could only get those belonging to Mike Bateson? (As in Mike Bateson STILL owned a majority share when Roberts was 'in charge'?)

I'd always thought that about nine per cent of shares were held by random fans/others?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Well Ian Hayman has sold over three thousand shares to Osborne since he's been in situ.......

According to the recent confirmation statement, Hayman transferred 3,100 shares on 29th June 2017. This was not all of his shareholding ~ he still has over 7,000 ~ but, should you add this figure to Rivera Stadium's initial purchase from Plainmoor, you reach the 738,023 figure for Riviera quoted on the latest confirmation statement. This equates to a shade over 75% of the total shares.

The confirmation statement still records Torquay United Holdings as having 170,506 shares. This suggests the latest deal has been done since 11th September. Totalling the figures you reach 908,529 shares in the name of Riviera Stadium. This is actually in excess of 92% so it's possible that Riviera Stadium did not buy all of Torquay United Holdings' shares.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

So it looks like the HE is starting to pay attention.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football ... ty-1106802

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football ... ne-1107359

David Thomas' article is still a bit weak but at least he is asking the questions to CO. I enjoyed reading Richard Hughes' article however, going much harder in to Osborne and calling him out to show that he does indeed care about the club.

Let's keep this momentum and keep the pressure up!
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Well done to Teigngull for raising our concerns with Parker - looks as though the ball has started to roll.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Excellent article by Richard Hughes - it's what we all feel. I have written to Gregor Robertson of The Times asking him to include a feature on Torquay United in a future issue of 'The Journeyman', an excellent weekly page in 'The Game' (The Times football section) about clubs outside the Premier League. This week's article on Hartlepool United is a must-read.
Eastdevongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Eastdevongull »

At last, the HE have woken up and started to say what we all feel. Well done Richard Hughes