Jim Parker Herald Express

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 08:36 [highlight=yellow]I don't understand the obsession with the local board.[/highlight]
If there was one, it would be handpicked answerable to CO only. It would have no independence or power since none if its members would be shareholders.
It would simply be there to oversee the day to day operation of the club. It would not be there to oppose or obstruct CO. Which is what I think teigngull hopes it would do.
I think it's due to the fact it is one of many unfulfilled promises.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Perhaps Mr Parker could actually be a journalist and write an investigative/questioning piece on Osborne with very similar opening and concluding sentences as in his Council report

E.g.

Opening sentence - "New year, new year start for everybody working together within the corridors of power and with the fanbase to turn the tide at Torquay United? There’s more chance of Shergar winning the five o’clock at Newton Abbot!"

Closing Sentence - To Clarke Osborne I say one thing and one thing only: SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Meanwhile ITV Westcountry news will be broadcasting an interview the TUST as part of a wider piece about the club.

Maybe we are newsworthy after all Jim!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Jim, we all know you're reading this - no one has anything against you personally. We just want to see investigating taking place - you've got a wonderful chance to bring more attention to the issues and ask some difficult but important questions. Football clubs play such a big role in communities and we are all deeply concerned our clubs very existance is under threat.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Jim Parker can try and rattle some cages when his mates in the council ask him to. See this for example: http://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-new ... ke-1084719 (apologies to Ding Dong, as I see he has already linked this)

Yet, if he cannot see there is something really quite appalling happening at the town’s football club, then how on earth has he stole a living for the god knows how long he has been masquerading as a journalist at the pamphlet and voice-piece for those with a bit of clout? Thomas and Parker, are cowards.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 19:40 Email sent to Jim Parker today 18/01/18 @ 15:35.

Subject: Torquay United.

Dear Mr Parker.
I give you my sincere thanks for your reply to my email dated 17/01/18 .
What I fail to understand is why you didn't like the tone of my email ? All I want to know is why the difficult questions are not being fired at all concerned about the running of Torquay United.
I apologise if I came across in a disrespectful manner but after supporting TUFC for the past 40 years plus (and like yourselves through good times & bad) the current ownership has let a certain whiff of despondency hang over it.
The hard questions that need to be asked are :-
1, We were promised a local board. Where are they ?

2, Why have the current owners never put themselves in front of the fans to account for the mess we now find ourselves in ?

3, Why in all the sports clubs GI have taken over, New stadiums were promised, why has one NEVER been built ?

4, When Kevin Nicholson was dismissed we were 8 points from safety now we're 11 points adrift of safety, why did it take so long to replace Kevin & why are we worse off because of it ?

5, "It has been important for us to find the individuals who we think can adopt our plan for sustainable success and can bring the talent, experience and contacts that are key for a club wanting to climb and top the National league. These guys tick all the boxes for us"
This is a quote from Geoff Harrop on the appointment of Gary Owers & Martin Khul. So why are we so far adrift at the BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE and what are they doing about it ?

6, What has happened to the 5 year plan so proudly announced when GI took over ?

Thank you.
G R******

===================================================================================
I await his reply with baited breath.
Point 4. We where not 8 points adrift when Nicholson was sacked. He was sacked after 4 games.
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 02:43Point 4. We where not 8 points adrift when Nicholson was sacked. He was sacked after 4 games.
It was bottom of the fifth tier of national football, with just one point from four games, if you want to be accurate......one point from a possible twelve; newly signed players already swinging the lead of injury and with fitness of the squad at intolerably low levels!

It was a recipe for the sack ~ any manager has to accept that in this day and age.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Better position then than now
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Nico deserved to be sacked.

Owers didn't deserve to appointed.

CO should have replaced Nico with an experienced man like Yates et al.

He didn't and therefore the club deserve to go down.

They say you don't always get what you deserve in football but TUFC are getting exactly that sadly.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

So this Jim Parker chappy is the 'Print Editor' for The Express & Echo, Herald Express, North Devon Journal and Mid Devon Gazette.

Dave Thomas is just a lowly Sports Journalist I assume - isn't Richard Hughes something to do with the Sports Dept .. wasn't he Head of Sports or something like that at one time?

He seems to feature regularly in the 'Plodcasts' and if I remember rightly he used to work for TUFC way back .. surely he should be showing some initiative and investigating GI.

Or is he also in the pockets of the owner?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 12:59 isn't Richard Hughes something to do with the Sports Dept .. wasn't he Head of Sports or something like that at one time? He seems to feature regularly in the 'Plodcasts' and if I remember rightly he used to work for TUFC way back .. surely he should be showing some initiative and investigating GI.
If you'd met him you'd realise he has had a charisma removal and as all the dynamism of a limp lettuce.......used to known as 'The Rev'
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 08:32 It was bottom of the fifth tier of national football, with just one point from four games, if you want to be accurate......one point from a possible twelve; newly signed players already swinging the lead of injury and with fitness of the squad at intolerably low levels!

It was a recipe for the sack ~ any manager has to accept that in this day and age.
Owers record during his 4 months in charge going from 8 points adrift of safety to 11 points adrift and the worst defensive record in the league - is that not a recipe for the sack? Please spare us from blaming Nicholson for Ower's ineffectiveness, as you say he is history, so lets leave him in the past.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 13:35 Owers record during his 4 months in charge going from 8 points adrift of safety to 11 points adrift and the worst defensive record in the league - is that not a recipe for the sack? Please spare us from blaming Nicholson for Ower's ineffectiveness, as you say he is history, so lets leave him in the past.
Hallelujah :goodpost:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 08:32 It was bottom of the fifth tier of national football, with just one point from four games, if you want to be accurate......one point from a possible twelve; newly signed players already swinging the lead of injury and with fitness of the squad at intolerably low levels!

So do you agree or disagree we weren't 8 points adrift when Nicholson was sacked ? In fairness our opening 3 fixtures of this season where very tough. Completely agree the squad was unfit.
Lucy
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Owers will have had about 35 games in charge when the season ends and Nico had about 6 or 7.

For all we can slate Nico's additions. Owers has had nearly a full **** season to get only the slightest bit of improvement needed and improve fitness slightly so that Torquay could finish ahead of 4 other absolutely diabolical clubs.

This is all down to Owers i'm afraid. One clueless bellend.