Jim Parker Herald Express

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

It would probably end up going the same way as the Cornwall colosseum in St Austell.
I wouldn't trust him with my mother in law, & she's been dead 10 yrs
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Neal wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 08:48 You missed iron maiden who also played there :)
Ahem, without sounding pedantic, Transvision Vamp with lead singer and 80's teen boy crush Wendy James (bit rough now) also played there as did Status Quo twice, saw them in 89. I remember my mate was a mad Meatloaf fan but are parents wouldnt let us go as we were too young apparently, we lived right by the leisure centre so we stood in the field and listened to the muffled Meatloaf instead.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Levellers in around 1998
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

It probably sounded less muffled than it did inside! Acoustics wasn't that venues strong point!!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Yeah
Last edited by chunkygull on 25 Jan 2018, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Yeah, you're right there, it was quite small for it really. The Quo were bloody good mind you, as a 14 year old lad I was impressed, but the sound was too much in the tiny venue. I remember my mates camping out to get Genesis tickets, they even got their pic in the paper. I wasnt bothered to see them at the time but wish I had now. In 89 rumours were going around that Queen were going to play a small one at ERC which I was buzzing about but they never performed together after 86 for obvious reasons. When you look back at history and also see the groups and acts that have played Torquay town hall, the Pavillion, Princess and Festival theatres its another thing that shows how far Torbay has fallen and where its at now.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

chunkygull wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 15:04 Ahem, without sounding pedantic, Transvision Vamp with lead singer and 80's teen boy crush Wendy James (bit rough now) also played there as did Status Quo twice, saw them in 89. I remember my mate was a mad Meatloaf fan but are parents wouldnt let us go as we were too young apparently, we lived right by the leisure centre so we stood in the field and listened to the muffled Meatloaf instead.
In all fairness Chunks, listening to a muffled Meatloaf is infinitely more preferable to the real thing.

Levellers though are awesome. Saw them about 8 years ago here in Chesterfield too. Shame there aren't more folky bands around like them. Those that are always seem to be pretentious middle class sweater wearing boys. The Waterboys - I Wish I Was A Fisherman, also similar to the Levellers. Cracking tune.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I don't want to come across as a miserable sod, but what have pop groups got to do with the title of this thread ?
I thought this was a TUFC fans forum not a Top of the Pops reminiscences forum ?
Sorry, just saying .
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Teigngull wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 21:01 I don't want to come across as a miserable sod, but what have pop groups got to do with the title of this thread ?
I thought this was a TUFC fans forum not a Top of the Pops reminiscences forum ?
Sorry, just saying .
Teigngull
“Don’t go breaking my heart” 💔
Elton John and Kiki Dee
🙃
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Teigngull wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 21:01 I don't want to come across as a miserable sod, but what have pop groups got to do with the title of this thread ?
Sorry, just saying .
OK Teigngull

'Anything for you' :)

Gloria Estefan </3
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Does the ERC still have a pool with a outside flume ? Not been there since my 10th birthday party. 30 odd year ago ?
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

I saw on another thread that a few people have read yesterdays article and a few who would like to read it but dont live locally have been unable to locate it on the "wonderful" :} Devon live website. Well I have the paper and am willing to take a few pics of the paragraphs and post it as all should peruse it and I would be interested to see peoples thoughts.

However I just want to be sure before I do this that its allowed and also just in case find out if I would be in breach of some copyright bullshit. Or should I just say stuff it.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Just say stuff it and post it up here! :)

The worse they can do is sit you in a room and have DT torture you!
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

chunkygull wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 16:36 I saw on another thread that a few people have read yesterdays article and a few who would like to read it but dont live locally have been unable to locate it on the "wonderful" :} Devon live website. Well I have the paper and am willing to take a few pics of the paragraphs and post it as all should peruse it and I would be interested to see peoples thoughts.

However I just want to be sure before I do this that its allowed and also just in case find out if I would be in breach of some copyright bullshit. Or should I just say stuff it.
The worst the Herald Express would do is tell you to remove the images and I doubt they care enough to even do that. It's not like you can buy a day old newspaper and they haven't put it online - so there's no 'authorised' alternative to access it.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Parker has had it kept off line becasue he is a hypocrite because he knows he would get slaughtered on the Internet for his disgraceful attitude and censorial conduct..........shame on him!