Jim Parker Herald Express

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

merse btpir wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 20:15 To be fair to Dave Phillips and set the record straight when it was stated on here earlier today that: "Messrs Phillips and Balson presented Mr Osborne as 'a consultant'"; Dave Phillips has told me that Osborne was introduced to the mayor as a potential owner of Torquay United who reckoned he could deliver the new stadium that the local council desired ~ not as a 'consultant'
Well, clearly I wasn't there myself, but that story came to me via an impeccable source (no, not my old man). I'd no reason to disbelieve him then, and I don't now.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I don't have a problem with that; I am repeating what Dave Phillips told me himself, not setting myself up as judge and jury ~ I wonder of messrs Masters and Osborne were muddled up by your impeccable source.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
DB577

Post by DB577 »

Don't think thats a response, just looks like the same article that appeared a while back. Same old crap and Parker and his under fire buddies still failing to pose the pertinent questions about Osborne's failure to build a new stadium at any of the ' projects' he has previously been involved with. You don't have to have the answerJP but at least put the question in print and help raise awareness of the seriousness of the situation to your readers.

Complete and utter garbage!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

About as honest as a Donald Trump tweet !!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 18:25 Jim Parker responds:

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/sport-o ... nd-1158833
Bearing in mind all that has been written over the past few days on BTPIR about various ventures Osborne has been involved with where new stadia didn’t happen, chucking on that article from last week represents, at best, poor journalism.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Absolute arrogant bollocks to claim that Quinta is connected to the aspirations of Osborne as his own 'revelation' and total disrespect to say "The attacks from a small minority of so-called fans have been quite personal at times and totally unnecessary"

But that's Jim Parker and for his information, Quinta (and consequently The Spires Academy) has been a part of the equation from day one.

Harrop totally misses the point when he says 'I cannot for the life of me understand why people are worried about what’s happening to Plainmoor if we have a new stadium' proving that he just doesn't have the mental capacity to take in all the ramifications of Torquay United playing in a stadium that is owned by a private individual rather than the local community (i.e. the Council)

The same con-trick is being tried at Swindon Town at the moment and any regular reader of BTPIR is going to be far more informed than the General Manager of Clarke Osborne's own football club on these matters; take it from me!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 18:25 Jim Parker responds:

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/sport-o ... nd-1158833
Same old tripe from Mr Parker printed in last weeks paper, so not new news, is anyone surprised in the response from the timid tired paper that is supposed to serve its readership ( well, it expects us to part with our cash to read match reports that are nearly a week old & help fund their cushy lifestyles reporting stories from the internet) .
So, Mr Parker has surmised we think its all his fault , well Mr Parker, I don't think I LIKE THE TONE OF YOUR REPORT / STORY , why ? I hear you ask.
Because the issues that are concerning us supporters are not being Investigated by the Herald Express (the TORQUAY paper, yes, that's TORQUAY ) .
I suggest you stop with the juvenile sarcasm & start acting like a proper professional newspaper editor & act on the issues that are bothering your dwindling readership, you never know you might sell a few more copies .
I noted you've asked Clarke Osborne to ring you ? If he does so, please , on behalf of myself & all of my fellow forum , TUST & BTPIR members ask him to respond & comment on the HALDON RAMBLERS articles on BTPIR (you must have already read the content so the investigative journalism has already been done for you ) & print the answers in your paper, go on Mr Parker you know it makes sense you may earn a little respect along the way also.
P.s if the tone offends , call me !
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

What a stupid way to start the article

Professional journalist ?

No
Shangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Carson

Post by Shangull »

I've just read the article and what a load of rubbish. The headline and the first paragraph is frankly unbelievable.....The Future of Torquay United have we found the answer? (Largely this has been all over this forum about 3 months ago); yours truly to blame for the demise of Torquay United (what a load of pompous guff). Tomorrow's headlines likely to be "United....promotion unlikely"
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

In the interests of stuff being in the public domain, it might be interesting to note that The Spires College (it's not an academy, Merse) is the only secondary-level school in the Bay that is still under local authority control. In case anyone feels moved to contact the council's representatives on the board of governors, they are Cllr Bye (Con, Wellswood) and Cllr Bent (Con, St Marychurch & Babbacombe).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

well, what a well balanced thorough, piece of reporting....

......yeah like f**king twenty......

he managed to mention the debacle of Swindon, but has failed (surprise, surprise) to mention any other f**king place that Osborne has had his grubby hands on.....

if that's "investigative" journalism.... then thanks for nothing.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

This kind of petulant writing and deliberate attempts to antagonise the readership is something I normally associate with the Guardian's Opinion page rather than the Herald.

Also if Harrop knew what he was talking about he'd know that Fleetwood's ground (Highbury) isn't new at all. They've played there since 1939.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Pointless with what been written by the Herald now to think they will change the poor coverage it deserves. Need to carry on doing it ourselves. Some very clever people on here and on the Penn inn site. It's not a witch hunt but end of day we are talking about our plainmoor home and once it's gone it's gone

Unreversable once it's been flattened , if it does
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Everyone who thinks that the article was vapid nonsense and is still angered by the HE's attitude towards the club's fans should post a comment on that article. We already have six comments on there, the more comments we make (or emails sent to Jim Parker - professional in tone) the more chance there is that the HE might actually start reporting on the things they should be. It only takes a few minutes to do.