Jim Parker Herald Express

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Just post it chunky , it's the news they are spreading ? Your just spreading the word pal
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Ah well, peer pressures a bitch! :~D Hope these come out okay, might have to click on each to be able to read properly and enlarge, dont know.
herald 1.jpg
herald 2.jpg
herald 3.jpg
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

herald 4.jpg
herald 5.jpg
herald 6jpg.jpg
herald 7jpg.jpg
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Not sure we got it all but makes me laugh first bit .... pathetic and lazy journalists. Rather poke fun at the fans than the hard facts we are highlighting
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Sorry chunky the rest is on now pal
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

herald 8.jpg
herald 9.jpg
herald 10.jpg
herald 11.jpg
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

herald 12.jpg
herald 13.jpg
herald 14.jpg
There ya go. :scarf:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Having now been able to read the reactionary rubbish Jim Parker wrote in the Herald and the idiotic response from Geoff Harrop whinging about 'personal postcodes' being put up on torquayfans.com; well it wasn't his I put up in response to a question as to where he lived but that of the Model Village ~ or is that where you actually do live Mr Harrop?

....and I am not a 'so called fan' I am a supporter of over fifty years standing and what is all that rubbish about 'the revival of the youth academy being delivered'? It's not been 'delivered' at all; it is not an academy it is a youth development programme and that's all it is at present ~ nothing has 'been delivered'

...and again; not a mention of Osborne's past regarding Bristol Rovers, Hereford United and various closed greyhound and speedway stadiums........lazy; lazy journalism!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Hey cheers for that Chunks! :-D :bow:

Must have been a bit of a ballache pal so thanks.

Not your fault though that it's like enid blyton. :)

Defensive and a bit needly against TUFC fans isn't it. Oh dear. All a tad embarrassing to read really.

As for Harrop not being able to understand why fans are seemingly against a new stadium..................

BUILD THE **** THING FIRST AND THEN WE WON'T BE AGAINST IT!! :~D
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 01 Feb 2018, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Not stopped pissing myself since i read the opening quote:

"I cannot for the life of me understand why people are worried about what's happening to Plainmoor if we have a new stadium"

BUILD IT FIRST AND GET US MOVED IN ALL SIGNED AND SEALED AND THEN WE WON'T BE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO PLAINMOOR WILL WE?!! :@ :@ :@ :@

IF is an uncertain word. If me auntie was me uncle as we say up here. Yeah but she's not is she. If we have a new stadium....yeah but we might not have one so build the new stadium so we can rule out the IF and then it's all fine isn't it?

Until it's built don't question the fully justified skepticism of the fans.

It's like having a mate who keeps borrowing money from people and promising to repay it back but never does. Then one day he knocks on your door and says he's really changed and that if you lend him 50 quid he'll give you a hundred back. You do that and you not only don't get a hundred back but you don't even get your fifty either. You gave him the benefit of the doubt despite his obvious history of borrowing and not paying money back. Now you are left up shit creek without a paddle.

So why would we give CO our 50 (Plainmoor) to get a hundred (new stadium) when the repayment (building) history of the individual is so unreliable?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Hearld express are as guilty of the hoodwink than GI themselves.

C'mon this is playground stuff
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Hmmm having read that my immediate thoughts are:

The Quinta/Spires landswap? Written as though the Herald Express had thought it up themselves, when it's been mooted on these forums for about two years now. At least that idea is out there though I guess...better than nothing.

No reference whatsoever about Osborne's involvement at Bristol Rovers, Hereford and speedway. This is the whole reason why the fans are very worried and mobilising against his plans and attacking the HE. We are not randomly kicking off because we're bottom of the league as Geoff Harrop seems to suggest. We're kicking off because there is a pattern and history in Clarke Osborne's past that is deeply deeply worrying and the Herald Express won't report it to the public. If Osborne didn't have the history he did, a good deal of us would probably be quite supportive.

Probably the only interesting thing is someone from the Council saying that Plainmoor wouldn't be sold until United are in a new stadium. Good to have that on record, it's to my knowledge the first time a Council member has been that concrete in commenting on their plans. This is of course ignoring the fact that the club won't benefit at all from a new stadium because all the ancillary revenue would go into OSBORNEs pocket with the club receiving whatever he deems necessary to give them on a season by season basis.

"I cannot for the life of me understand why people are worried about what's happening to Plainmoor if we have a new stadium".....WTF Jim Parker, do you not understand basic business, have you not followed football over the past few decades and seen so many clubs fall foul of developers promising fancy new stadiums to get their hands on freeholds and screwing over clubs?

He's clearly being very defensive. Maybe if you'd written about the subject beforehand Jim Parker, we wouldn't have had to be so vocal to get the news out there. Now there's a revolutionary thought....
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

SenorDingDong wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 22:13 "I cannot for the life of me understand why people are worried about what's happening to Plainmoor if we have a new stadium".....WTF Jim Parker, do you not understand basic business, have you not followed football over the past few decades and seen so many clubs fall foul of developers promising fancy new stadiums to get their hands on freeholds and screwing over clubs?
He's clearly being very defensive.
Of course he's being very defensive; he more than likely hangs around the local Conservative clubs; attends numerous Torbay self interest do's and hobnobs with enough prominent businessmen to know and have their interests at heart. He is the editor of a reactionary local rag for God's sake; what do you expect?

The miserable organ is little more than a mouthpiece for locally produced and submitted press releases these days, overly reliant on advertising revenue over actual sales and therefore declining to bite the hands that feed it and almost bereft of the sort of journalistic talent that those of a certain age used to attach to such publications.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jim Parker he is. Nosey Parker he ain't. :lol:

Maybe he should be. Might actually uncover a story worth printing.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Wait, so Harrop ISN'T Osborne's brother-in-law?