Jim Parker Herald Express

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Jim Parker Herald Express

Post by Teigngull »

This is the reply received today from Jim Parker @ The Herald express, my email first then reply........

Subject : Torquay United

Dear sir.
Please can you tell me by return of email why your newspaper refuses to report the current ownership/general manager issues at Torquay United ?
There is obviously a massive problem within the club as anyone with a set of eyes can see it's having the life sucked out of it on a daily basis. Is there an agreement with your newspaper & the club not to investigate the obvious apathy on show ? Or can you just not see it.
As the local informative newspaper I & many Torquay United supporters are at a loss by some investigative journalism cannot be applied to this subject after all it is in your interest to sell newspapers by reporting the truth.
I thank you for your time in anticipation of your reply.
G R******
Teignmouth

Jim Parkers reply received today at 11:22 am

Dear Mr R*******
Thanks for your email. I really am not sure what you are accusing us of here but I must say I don't like the tone of your message. We have covered Torquay United for as long as I can remember, through goog and bad times.
Nobody-least of all me and the Herald express- want to see the club in its current predicament.
If you could give me some idea of what your concerns are and what we should be investigating that would be good.
Thanks

Jim Parker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well there you are, do they want me to investigate it for them ? Or are they as blinkered as they make themselves out to be ?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Is Parker too thick to appreciate that is it not 'the club' we want them to support, but the club owners we want them to investigate and the supporters who don't have the grave misgivings that many of us do adequately informed of the actual situation at the club?

I don't think he is; I think he is therefore a part of the problem!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

You would think they would read all the forums and be well educated by our concerns. Even if they thought those concerns were not accurate.
Don't they look past the end of there nose ?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Shouldn't be in work people like this. Predictable defensive response.

Tone of what message?

I thought it was a reasonable and fair email.

Just answer the p*ssing questions fgs!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Make no mistake about it; they DO read all the forums. They then choose to act as if a certain one doesn't exist and you have to ask yourself just why this is.

They scrutinise (well Guy Henderson does) twitter and selectively censor what they feel should be aired and what they want swept under the carpet....... again; you have to ask yourself just why this is.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Well why is this ? What reason would that be ? Are they planning new offices on soon to be land at plainmoor ?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

It's the modern day acquiescence to advertising income over journalism.....90% of the content emanates from new release sent in rather than old school news hounding.

The old days of journos lurking around pubs, clubs and brothels have ben replaced with sitting in front of computer screens reading twitter and Instagram ~ about as sharp as a pair of old woolly tights!
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

''If you could give me some idea of what your concerns are and what we should be investigating that would be good.''

What we should be investigating? You're the journalist - use some initiative & apply some common sense.

''Local people will be appointed to the board of TUFC - What's happened to this promise?''
''Why have Riviera Stadium LTD or as it is now solely CO, why have they, never stood before the press, to be held accountable for TUFC plans?''
''The club have signed several players on loan, non contracted players or players with no experience in England. Is there a financial issue? Or another reason that the club is sinking without a fight?''
''CO's history of promising stadiums and not fulfilling ANY OF THEM!!!!''

Wake up!!!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

You would as a minimum they would be looking at GI record and putting it into the public domain for people to question it or just accept it.

Used to love the trio's reporting but it's stinks the lot of It
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Merse is spot on. I have a lot of experience dealing with the local press from a not too distant former working life, and the morden day journalist just sits back and waits for news releases to flit across his screen. At best he/she then does a quick cut and paste, tops and tails it, puts his/her name to it and job done. So,in the absence of any activity of a pro active nature from Osborn or Harrop - and that aint going to happen, we will all remain in the dark.
All fits neatly into the overall plan don't you think?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 13:05 If you could give me some idea of what your concerns are and what we should be investigating that would be good.
Thanks

Jim Parker
This f**king beggars f**king belief!

Well, as the Herald Express has covered Torquay United 'through the good times and the bad' how BAD does it have to get! There's nothing f**king good about Torquay United at the moment.... there's your starting point Mr Journalist (sic).... find out WHY!!!! Do your f**king job!

****and, breathe***

:red:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Do we need to send them link then ......someone send them a bloody link ....thats it sorted , that's the coverage we now need. All sorted by a link.

Tell ya , I've heard of stealing a living , looks like the Herald boys invented the saying
Paignton boy

Post by Paignton boy »

Interesting to see that the HE podcast has been postponed for a week. They daren’t put their heads over the parapet!!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Prob gone up too avon for a busmans holiday
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Everyone should send him an email explaining exactly what our concerns are and linking him to the various threads on this forum, we've already done the work for them, all they'd need to do is selectively edit it and publish it. Easy job. If he's directly linked to the information then he can't pull the 'I don't know what you're talking about' defence. Then it becomes deliberate ignoring of the issue.