Steve Breed Question & Answer Thread

Discuss all the latest news at Plainmoor with fans.

stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Steve Breed Question & Answer Thread

Post by stephen breed » 22 Jan 2018, 09:42

Post by torregull » 19 Jan 2018, 09:04

How influential was Peter Masters on decisions made by the Board during your time at the club-what's your opinion of him?

Hi Torregull

I will probably not make myself to popular with this answer but I personally found Pete Masters great. He was a help to the board and certainly not the man he seams to have been labelled with here. HIs opinions of the trust are based on his experiences with the Truro equivalent but to my knowledge he didn't ever express to me a blanket dislike for any member of trust of trust motives and actions. He was a man I could go to ask advice and I did on more than one occasion. I think people have to look at what he has done for Truro as a club they would be dead if it was not for him. As for influence well the board did take on board his opinions yet Dave merve and others are very strong characters in there own right so personally I don't think they would have been overly influenced by anybody. If I had a choice right now I would take Pete Masters as the owner of the club for one simple reason he is a winner.. stephen

Richinns
Player Manager
Player Manager
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Richinns » Yesterday, 14:24

Hi Steve

Now that we are all but confirmed relegated - can I ask if in the first season you guys were preparing from the same fate? (before the miraculous escape) and if so did your calculations lead to an automatic choice of going towards being either fully or partially part-time?

Thanks bud

Rich
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/

stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed » Yesterday, 14:33

Unread post by Richinns » less than a minute ago

Hi Steve

Now that we are all but confirmed relegated - can I ask if in the first season you guys were preparing from the same fate? (before the miraculous escape) and if so did your calculations lead to an automatic choice of going towards being either fully or partially part-time?

Thanks bud

Hi Richard

Hope you are well

A very good question that fact is We did start to prepare for relegation as I personally did not think we would stay up you are always hopeful but I certainly didn't think we had the players to turn it around. What I did not bank on was the incredible team spirit that seamed to manifest under Kevin and the do or die attitude that seamed to manifest its self from nowhere. It was always our intention to stay full time so the conversation never really happened re part time and when it went win after win after the end of feb even the thought of part time was way out the window. stephen