Joining forces with truro ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Truro City have announced that the club is for sale :

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... nvestment/
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Clearly something going on and link with masters and plainmoor is strong.

Interested with the the questions and answers from Steve that masters comes out well. I wonder what the relationship is with osborne and masters.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Dont worry, The Herald will be all over a story like this !!!!!!!!!!!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

MF68 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 08:27 Dont worry, The Herald will be all over a story like this !!!!!!!!!!!
As soon as they receive their instructions from Osborne and/or Masters I’m sure they’ll publish something.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Yes and I'm sure it will be printed with the propergander of what the club insists on showing them in a great light.

Did anyone see Bromley highlights. Owers and kurl looked totally defeated men at the end. I can't see how they can carry on , surely the time now is up. It's been a terrible tenure and the signings have been terrible. Not sure if it's just there decision on the signings but it's bloody awful.
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

MellowYellow wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 04:17 Truro City have announced that the club is for sale :

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... nvestment/
This story is weeks old!
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ACW2IOW »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 06:32 Clearly something going on and link with masters and plainmoor is strong.

Interested with the the questions and answers from Steve that masters comes out well. I wonder what the relationship is with osborne and masters.
You might like to read this:

http://trurofans.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01 ... r.html?m=1
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

ACW2IOW wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 15:45 This story is weeks old!
I'm aware of that - but it take's that long for news to travel from Truro to the outside world - the old horse and cart is not up to what it use to be.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

That last bit in article is interesting , that ground share ?
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

Can anyone explain to me the advantage of Truro having a ground share arrangement with Torquay? I realise there would be savings presumably from not having their own ground, but it seems ridiculous to play in a ground so far away. Are there no options nearer to them like the rugby ground at Redruth?
Chris
TUST member 479
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

It is through necessity that they are having to consider the groundshare with TUFC. Whatever league they are in, it could of course even be the National League -a real possibility given that they are currently in a play off spot and not that far away from an automatic one either - then the standard of ground has to (understandably) be of a suitable standard. With the greatest respect, can you imagine what it would be like if say a 1000 Tranmere/Wrexham or even TUFC fans turned up at Redruth Rugby club to watch a match. It was a long time ago since I last visited, but if it’s still the same, there is what .... one wooden stand and very basic facilities? It is a fact of life, that the higher up the leagues you go then the better the standard of facilities need to be. Which is why, by way of an example, Buckland Athletic have had to erect further stands/turnstiles in order to meet the demands of the Southern League - should they achieve promotion this year.

The whole point of the “Stadium for Cornwall” project (which would involve a groundshare between the Cornish Pirates and Truro City and use of the facilities by Truro and Penwith College too) is the recognition of the fact that there are no decent sporting stadia in Cornwall.

Even at NLS level, the ground would need to be up to a certain standard - it appears that Bodmin might be an option (but doubt it would be for NL level) - but wherever they end up (if its in Cornwall) they may well have to install “temporary” stands to comply with league requirements anyway.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I assume they may only have one side or 2 open ...bristow bench would cater for home and away I guess.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Truro City are currently chasing promotion into The National League and ~ by their own admission ~ have been advised by The National League that they will not be allowed to play any FA-affiliated football unless they can demonstrate that they will be moving into a new permanent home in the future....and as things very clearly stand right now; they cannot!

THAT is as relevent and damning a situation to pre-empt denial of any possible promotion this season and for it to be rendered invalid; therefore Truro City are a lame duck football club that only a feckin' idiot would invest in.

They are simply out of their depth and doomed to be compulsarily demoted before long!
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ACW2IOW »

SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

ACW2IOW wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 16:56 You might like to read this:

http://trurofans.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01 ... r.html?m=1
Good lord what is with that awful fake AC Milan logo they're using. Can't say I'm surprised about what they're alleging Masters is up to though, didn't someone on one of the forums suggest they'd do exactly that yesterday? The BBC article also suggests that Truro are only putting in £2m - while Masters is badgering the local council to put up £6m of public funding, which does beg the question of where the other £2m they're receiving from Helical Bar is going. Masters is bad news all around.