Joining forces with truro ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Not suggesting it.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

NOT A CHANCE!
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

What a horrible title for a thread, let alone the suggestion of it.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Truro have a very smart coach for away matches, rather than our current green outdated not fit for purpose one( I suppose it Is a reflection of those currently travelling on it).That would be the only positive aspect
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

A little birdie tells me Masters is trying to offload his Truro interests to 'officially' join the ranks at Plainmoor.

The portly one needs to address his loose lips if he doesn't want things getting into the public domain.

Cheap way in for Masters, I wonder if CO has finally seen the limitations of Harrop. I also wonder how long before Masters pushes Harrop to one side in order to fulfil his ambitions.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

In all honesty Dave (if I can call you Dave ?) Would Mazsters be a better option than Osborne ? Or would it be much of the same ?
I'm only asking 'cos I don't know anything about Peter Masters, all I do know is that he's got Truro to where they are now.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'd guess that Osborne feels the need to bring in someone that has some business savvy, can't see Masters spunking money to acquire a manager like Owers. I imagine Masters sees it as a way of raising his profile in the football world and although he's of a similar ilk to Osborne in my opinion, he's done well with Truro to a certain extent.

Whatever the motives I still see the importance of growing TUST so I urge everyone to get behind them and help get them on a more sound financial footing. They would be our safety net if things take a turn for the worse.

Dave is fine, I usually get called a lot worse :)
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Thanks Dave
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Southampton Gull wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 20:18 A little birdie tells me Masters is trying to offload his Truro interests to 'officially' join the ranks at Plainmoor.

The portly one needs to address his loose lips if he doesn't want things getting into the public domain.

Cheap way in for Masters, I wonder if CO has finally seen the limitations of Harrop. I also wonder how long before Masters pushes Harrop to one side in order to fulfil his ambitions.
Good luck getting anyone to buy Truro - Masters interest was due in no small part to the stadium shenanigans down there, the chairman before treated them as a plaything until his money ran out. They're in a sticky situation in terms of their stadium (renting a 6k stadium will be cost prohibitive and despite their comments I doubt Truro will be putting much funding in), in a very small market with poor support, playing well beyond their natural level and I think it's doubtful they'll ever become the main sporting attraction in Cornwall with Argyle on their doorstep and the Cornish Pirates. Only way he could get out is giving the club to the Truro supporters trust, which as we all know Masters dislikes, and probably consists of about 5 men and a dog.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I didn't say he was trying to sell it 😉
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

What like a 'business' deal with someone we are quite familiar with, not a million miles away in TQ1 ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I think the inference is that he needs to offload Truro before "officially" stepping in at Plainmoor.
Dave

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

:bow: now who was it that posted not very long ago...expect to see Masters back before long ? :O
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

How many packets of crisps would it take to arrange a Harrop/Masters exchange? ☺️
Chris
TUST member 479
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Before Harrop goes shopping

Full.jpg

After...........

Empty.jpg

I should add that no cakes were injured during this shopping trip!!!
Dave