Fit & proper persons test

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 19:14 Bateson was fantastic and not just saying that because of our predicament. Always said it. When he sold up first time i wanted to send him a expenisve bottle of whisky as thanks but times were hard then for me .
Ran a steady ship with shrewd business like acts. I can always remember saying that a new owner could buy the club and pay himself a salary of 35000 a year. Seems such a modest amount , shows what a down to earth guy he was. Remember I travelled to barnet in 2001 and seeing him in that grandstands smoking his Rollups ? Maybe he preferred them but again modesty. Having said that remember a few signings 60000 plus he made so could splash the cash for the club. Anyone remember his tv adverts on TSW. Loved them so dry talking
:goodpost:
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

He started a business from his home on nothing evidently so a shrewd business brain and had the interests of the club at heart so the perfect owner for a club like Torquay, sadly times have changed for most clubs and the people in football nowadays are often in it for self interest without thought for the club's as a whole.