My Offer Still Stands

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lugmeister
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: young

My Offer Still Stands

Post by lugmeister »

There are nearly three weeks to go till window closes . My offer to help recruitment still stands i have numerous relationships with top agents who have the cream of the youth in the country contracted. Plus over the years have become friends with a lot of managers some who owe me a favour or two. If any staff read this please pass it on to the manager preferably or whoever they feel is in charge in the recruitment dept. I say again it is the fondness for torquay which has developed over the years that keeps me offering to help. I am a retired manager and thats how i will stay but giving advice and helping recruitment i think would benefit the manager in troubled times
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

There is no window applicable to the National League
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Does that also apply if player moving from league2 to national league
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 06:31 There is no window applicable to the National League
He wouldn't know, never having had to manage that low :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

I can't understand why someone of Paul Sturrock's standing feels it is necessary to make his offer to the club via a Fans Forum. Surely the professional approach is by way of the proper channels at Plainmoor. If that draws a blank then so be it. He isn't likely to get very far by this route is he?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

DB57 wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 08:44 I can't understand why someone of Paul Sturrock's standing feels it is necessary to make his offer to the club via a Fans Forum. Surely the professional approach is by way of the proper channels at Plainmoor. If that draws a blank then so be it. He isn't likely to get very far by this route is he?
Could not agree more with this statement. I know various people have verified that this is genuinely from Sturrock, butit just doesn’t feel right at all - surely PS wouldn’t go about his business in this way, it’s so unprofessional
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Hard to knock someone trying to help but it's bizarre.
If it's unconditional love for our club i would suggest get the agents of this cream of talent to contact the club to offers these players services.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I think he posted once that he did contact the club first, but never received a reply. Then he posted on this forum.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Fair enough how about the agents contacting the club Can't believe the club would turn away such a pass. However unless Paul needs to be the middle man ...all a bit confusing.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

There is only one person I would trust to give me an honest appraisal of what has being going on at TUFC.
Sadly KN would have signed a Non Disclosure Agreement as part of his Severance pay.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Rickl makes a great point. Sturrock contacted the club and got no reply. The professional way to go about it if you are wanting to genuinely help. You approach the appropriate people directly. Which is what he did.

Then he comes onto the forum and informs us of his desire to help and keeps in touch. Admittedly i find it a bit odd why anyone like Paul Sturrock would even waste the time of day on a fans forum. There aren't people on here that can facilitate his desire to help at TUFC but that's up to him and i think we should be grateful that he at least is willing to help and is showing an interest in the fortunes of the football club. In return, his actions get vilified as being 'bizarre'. He can't win.

For the football club to not even afford a reply to a well known, well respected football professional like Sturrock is perhaps even more bizarre than Sturrock posting on here would you not say?

Bizarre or downright f*cking ignorant? It's GI so both.

I'd like to thank Paul for his kind offer of help and advise him to look elsewhere as i'm sure there is another club out there more respectful of his offer and more deserving of his FREE help and advice.
dougie
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by dougie »

Yorkieandy wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 10:24 Rickl makes a great point. Sturrock contacted the club and got no reply. The professional way to go about it if you are wanting to genuinely help. You approach the appropriate people directly. Which is what he did.

Then he comes onto the forum and informs us of his desire to help and keeps in touch. Admittedly i find it a bit odd why anyone like Paul Sturrock would even waste the time of day on a fans forum. There aren't people on here that can facilitate his desire to help at TUFC but that's up to him and i think we should be grateful that he at least is willing to help and is showing an interest in the fortunes of the football club. In return, his actions get vilified as being 'bizarre'. He can't win.

For the football club to not even afford a reply to a well known, well respected football professional like Sturrock is perhaps even more bizarre than Sturrock posting on here would you not say?

Bizarre or downright f*cking ignorant? It's GI so both.

I'd like to thank Paul for his kind offer of help and advise him to look elsewhere as i'm sure there is another club out there more respectful of his offer and more deserving of his FREE help and advice.

 Well said unlike some of the miserable posters on here
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

We should grab this opportunity with both hands to get help from Sturrock!

We need to call on help from other people who may be interested - Neil Warnock? Perhaps he could loan some good players from Cardiff here? Surely we can get some help from other local-ish clubs like Plymouth, Exeter and the Bristol clubs. Maybe Bournemouth too.

Even though we are bottom of the NL we have the chance for players to play decent competitive football. You'd think there must be dozens of players who are not playing that could do with playing here. Particularly central players please!
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Sod the contacts, get him in to manage the team, these two are F**KING muppets!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Manage what exactly ? Do any of us still seriously think the grand plan is to stabilise the football, and then drive it forward.

#headoutoftheclouds.
Formerly known as forevertufc