My Offer Still Stands

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

The plan for Osborne is working well the snake is squeezing the life out of the club.
misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by misstheolddays »

Earlier in the season I made mention of one Kevin Millard who had, at various times in the past few years, offered both his services and recommendations plus advice on player recruitment from both the Caribbean and Europe, to the club. I also wrote that he had not received even the courtesy of a reply. He is currently the reserve team manager of a Spanish Second Division club. I can now also confirm that in November he sent several emails to Torquay United recommending 2 young Spanish players at his club who he believed would be open to a loan spell until April which he felt would benefit the team. One was a forward with 11 goals in 24 appearances for the club's reserve team, aged 20. The other was a midfield playmaker aged 20 who it is believed has a great future in front of him. Bearing in mind Mr Millard has previously transferred players to Torquay United who have not only been top players while at the club but also brought in almost £1 million in transfer fees, plus a plethora of other players from both the Caribbean and Spain into European Leagues over the years, surely it should have been worth Torquay's while to have looked favourably at his communications?

Sadly no. Not even a reply. So we are getting exactly what we deserve. From the Chairman. From the office staff. From the manager. From his Assistant. And as far as I am concerned we deserve to go down. And I am sure we will as I see nothing from the present management team that suggests otherwise.
misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by misstheolddays »

Ha! Forgot to mention I ran into a friend who contributes on the forum in Babbacombe last week and he told me I was biased in favour of Mike Bateson and the two Caribbean players we had in Rodney Jack and Greg Goodridge, and that was why I was pushing the fact that in my view we should have listened to Kevin Millard.

Yes, he was exactly right. I am biased in favour of that time in our history. Mike Bateson as Chairman ruled with a hard hand, but we had 5 years of tremendous attacking football, with Goodridge first and then Jack. The stands were full. Scouts always at our games. Something POSITIVE to look forward to each weekend.

Yes I am biased to that. And with the state of our club nowadays, who wouldn't be?

Oh to have Bateson back and a return to those days. But so many wanted him out, didn't they? And now look...........

You reap what you sow, seems to come to mind.....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Harrop is only interested in multipack crisps from the local convenience store in Wellswood. He is out of his depth and so is the bloody manager he appointed. Today is the first time I've understood why Exeter fans call our ground Plainmorgue. I went into Boots at about 2pm, about 50 people in there all looking miserable. I went into the ground at about 2:50pm and the ground was practically empty. The fans did their best and immaculately and respectfully observed the minutes silence for Cedric Munslow but unfortunately the management couldn't inspire their players to produce a performance to honour our sadly departed Cedric. At the end of the day the responsibility is Harrops. He sacked the previous manager, he employed the current one..............eventually, and he is presiding over the worst football I've ever seen our club play. We can't win ugly, hell we can't even draw ugly and can anyone honestly say they have any confidence in this lot to win another game this season? McGinty was woeful today, none of the reported interested clubs will be back for another viewing on the back of that performance.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by misstheolddays »

Southampton Gull
I was one of the few in the ground today. It was so awful. So poor. From the top down the club needs a total revamp and a total change of personnel, but as we all know it will not happen. I have been to very few games this season as I am so depressed watching. But the standard now is so very, very poor. We really do deserve to be where we are in the League on this showing. I guess I am just throwing in the towel and will have my memories only.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I agree with you 100%. I fear that in 18 months this club could be dead in the water.
Dave

Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

I am sorry but to say we were awful today is not true. We were the better team but defensive mistakes and lack of finishing as usual cost us. Eastleigh were awful, a very poor team. 2 chances 2 goals. But thats what gets points.
We have ZERO leadership, the only time I heard our captain today was after the match! We have no knowledge of how to win football games or do the dirty stuff to dig out a result sadly.

Fair play to Efete who was a class above anyone else on the pitch. How Gosling gets MOM is beyond me. He is a show pony.
Tust member 191
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Agreed it's not looking good and National South football is close but just maybe once the club starts to scrape the bottom better times will come? The big un-answered question is what Clarke Osborne thinks - and does. After all as Chris Rich told me this afternoon, he's a business man.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Mattpuma wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 21:12 I am sorry but to say we were awful today is not true. We were the better team but defensive mistakes and lack of finishing as usual cost us. Eastleigh were awful, a very poor team. 2 chances 2 goals. But thats what gets points.
We have ZERO leadership, the only time I heard our captain today was after the match! We have no knowledge of how to win football games or do the dirty stuff to dig out a result sadly.

Fair play to Efete who was a class above anyone else on the pitch. How Gosling gets MOM is beyond me. He is a show pony.
You were satisfied with the performance then Matt? I certainly wasn't. We looked like a parks team at times. Sure we had moments of promise but overall? We were awful!!
Dave

misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by misstheolddays »

I did not say we were awful today. I said I was one of the few in the ground and it was awful, so poor. I am talking about the atmosphere, the environment, the general malady that exists at the club, in the ground. And the standard we have exhibited this season IS POOR! Too many want to bury their heads in the sand and live in denial about how poor we really are. We are rock bottom of the National League, for Christ's sake. Each week we hear the same excuses......we were unlucky......we were the better team......we had the better chances.......our position in the league is false.... we are a better team than the opposition.......etc etc

One day perhaps some on here will finally accept that we simply are not good enough, haven't been for a long time, are getting worse each week and are destined for oblivion if something very dramatic is not done soon and I mean really soon. Unfortunately by the time the message has gotten home with many on here, we will already be in the National South. I contend that the only reason we aren't already there is because last season there were 4 teams even worse than us!! This time around, some of the teams at the bottom have acted accordingly and made positive signings, both on the playing front and more importantly on the managerial aspect. Examples: remember how really poor Orient and Solihull were a few months ago?? New management and coaching staff, new positive approach and they are nbow streets better (and above) than us.

But not to worry........we are playing the better football....excuse me while I laugh again....
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Mattpuma »

As you like facts I didnt say I was satisfied, read the post.
I just pointed out we were the better team which was true.
Nobody can be satisfied by the state this club is in. It is utterly soul destroying. Just remember most of our team are young lads just starting out so we cant expect them to be winning games like a well oiled machine. The senior players need to step up.
Tust member 191
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I didn't say you said you were satisfied, I asked if you were. FACT!!
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

misstheolddays wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 21:33 I did not say we were awful today. I said I was one of the few in the ground and it was awful, so poor. I am talking about the atmosphere, the environment, the general malady that exists at the club, in the ground. And the standard we have exhibited this season IS POOR! Too many want to bury their heads in the sand and live in denial about how poor we really are. We are rock bottom of the National League, for Christ's sake. Each week we hear the same excuses......we were unlucky......we were the better team......we had the better chances.......our position in the league is false.... we are a better team than the opposition.......etc etc

One day perhaps some on here will finally accept that we simply are not good enough, haven't been for a long time, are getting worse each week and are destined for oblivion if something very dramatic is not done soon and I mean really soon. Unfortunately by the time the message has gotten home with many on here, we will already be in the National South. I contend that the only reason we aren't already there is because last season there were 4 teams even worse than us!! This time around, some of the teams at the bottom have acted accordingly and made positive signings, both on the playing front and more importantly on the managerial aspect. Examples: remember how really poor Orient and Solihull were a few months ago?? New management and coaching staff, new positive approach and they are nbow streets better (and above) than us.

But not to worry........we are playing the better football....excuse me while I laugh again....
Precisely this. Thanks for saving me the time having to write something as accurate as this ;-)
Dave

Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Mattpuma »

You actually said "we were awful looked like a parks team" so you were not just saying the atmosphere etc.

Frankly though its a waste of tine us arguing on a forum. We all need to be United against the creeping destruction of our club by malevolent developers who care absolutely nothing about TUFC and only about the mighty dollar.
The FA should do something about such toxic ownership of clubs but of course they dont care about fans either sadly.
Tust member 191
misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by misstheolddays »

Don't blame young players on the mess we are in. Don O'Riordan had a team with an average age of 23 and he certainly won games left right and centre before the club sold off many of them. He was a good manager and it is the responsibility of a manager to get the best out of his players, so therefore it makes sense to get the best man for the job. With respect Kevin Nicholson was a good servant to Torquay on the playing side but he didn't cut it as a manager......many ex players fall into the same category. So with us already being near the bottom echelons of the National League, something needed to be done. I would have loved to have see someone dynamic, with positive ideas and a proven record of success being brought in. The same Kevin Millard, who I repeat is now at a Spanish Second Division club, never even received any replies to his emails to the club, and I believed he would hve been excellent for the team. However, if the rule of thumb was to get somebody more negative, somewhat of a ''yes man'', in then at least get somebody with experience who could get us up the divisions to a level he was capable of managing at. But what did we do? Wait weeks and weeks in limbo and then take on a manager from a standard BELOW that which we were playing at. Simply a recipe for disaster and a fast track back down to the level of the said manager.