My Offer Still Stands

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If you knew the truth it would shock you!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Didn't the position get made redundant ? It's mind blowing how the Bristow money got wasted. To think what could have been if it all got handled right. Now it's us paying supporters left with this situation.
I'm sure Colin lee is living very comfortable
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

arcadia wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 11:43 Nicholson as I have said many times before could put a side together but once it was on the pitch could not see when it was going wrong. Yes it should be the General Managers job to get a coach alongside him who knew the game as Nicholson was still learning but some people don't LEARN!
I know there seems to be a few people who don't like him but Colin Lee seemed to keep the football side up together and would be there if the manager had problems that is gone now it's a shame Nicholson did not have him there. Basic errors have been made and if you listened to big Sam last night he's got a similar problem but the difference is he knows the game and has the money.
Owers and Kuhl know the game but can't get the players they want which is part of a managers job but it's hard during a season.
He utterly failed to put together a team this season as well, the sheer amount of his signings who are constantly injured but on hefty multi-year contracts is one of the things sinking the club.

In reference to the previous post, wasn't Colin Lee essentially sacked because he was telling the board that the club should be set for a very small loss in our first season back in the Football League, then out of nowhere it emerged that it as a £600k loss or something like that? For all the benefits of having him at the club and the very good on the field decisions he took, he utterly failed to turn around the Commercial side of the club. Tbh as much as I'm suspicious of them, GI's management of the Commercial side/linking up with Pro Direct has achieved in about a year at least as much as Lee did in three years.