Ambition or Submission?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Dave Thomas is a dinosaur and should retire. Should have give it both barrels Chunks.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Exactly Merse, the bloke is highly visible over at Bristows bench, he wanders about chatting to many and nobody has said anything. Likely that many of them dont know anything though. My Dad actually stopped me going over and asking him a few things earlier in the season, its only that and not wanting to cause a scene because of the rentathugs (not all of them are) that I havent confronted him (peacefully).

Dont think anybody has been able to comment on anything TUFC on "Devon live" for a long time.

I so wish I has asked him questions Andy, still might on Saturday but it would be polite and cordial, I wouldnt shout or have a go, it would be direct but not threatening. You should see the way some fans used to have a go at Mike Bateson years ago, he used to stand by the family stand during some matches and make himself available to talk to fans and some very much abused that and abused him. Cant imagine anyone from this club doing that now.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

chunkygull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 22:57Exactly Merse, the bloke is highly visible over at Bristows bench, he wanders about chatting to many and nobody has said anything. Likely that many of them dont know anything though.
It's all illustrative of the general air of complacency and burying heads in the sand that has been around the club forever.......only a few days ago I was getting attacked with emotional blackmail on here for pointing out things that would 'ruin the day out for the grandads with their grand children'.....you couldn't make this shit up really could you.

Representaive of people with this mind set, were the board members who allowed Osborne in, in the first place.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

If its any consolation, I have read every word on this forum and yours and am grateful to you and the few others who have at least tried to bring us the information and inform us of whats going on and where we stand. Cant believe some choose not to listen and are easily offended when somebody tries to tell it like it is, even if the truth is hard to swallow. Without you guys the rest of us would be unaware and know nothing.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I feel your pain, Chunky. Myself and Merse were talking about him earlier this evening. We both feel the same as yourself.

He's not a reporter any more just a lacky and afraid to upset the applecart. What he needs to realise is that he won't have anything to talk about when the club ceases to exist.

I'll be giving him both barrels the next time I see him although he tends to give me a wide berth these days.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Will attempt to email Guy Henderson & Jim Parker tomorrow with the same content sent to could councillors
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

merse btpir wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 23:07

Representaive of people with this mind set, were the board members who allowed Osborne in, in the first place.
Let's not forget to exclude Steve Breed from this as they knew he would never entertain Osborne so quietly got him out of the way. Disgusting the way he was treated.
Dave

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 23:31 Let's not forget to exclude Steve Breed from this as they knew he would never entertain Osborne so quietly got him out of the way. Disgusting the way he was treated.
I left the last match of the season at guiesley the year of the Nicholson 1st great escape, we lost 4-3, but who cared on the result, we where safe. Torquay fans dressed as minions was the order of the day. I saw breed who I wanted to shake his hand and congratulate. But he was looking very stressed on his mobile, so didn't bother. Day later he left the club. Just makes you wonder what was happening on that phone call, whilst Phillips sat the game on the players bench.
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

When I use the term 'board' I refer to the directors; not the chief executive who was not a director in the strict terms of the word.......

Steve wore his heart on his sleeve and they took advantage of him for that when it suited them and removed him when it suited them. That is what happens when you are like that and on many occasions I gave him my opinion on that and my advice on his departure from the job was to take a good few steps away and throw himself into another football related project ~ which he is doing at Watcombe Wanderers.

His board do not best like me or the way I comment on their period in office; it is not a case of personal dislike but dislike of the manner in which they went about extricating themselves with the ownership we have now...and have you ever seen anything as ridiculous and 'amateur' as a chairman sitting in the technical area during a match ~ or anything more ridiculous as the manager allowing that?

It was so predictable and maybe unavoidable if they had ignored the 'advice' given to them by Pete Masters and engaged more constructively and with a longer term view with the trust. I am the first one to accept that TUST neither had the funds nor the wherewithal to merely take the club off their hands which is what Masters seemed to be inferring he was looking for; more he wanted (as he got with TUOSC) a compliant set of volunteers who help run the club by working for nothing; my ~ even the disabled cover project something they as a board should be held legally liable for as directors of a business charging admission and therefore obliged to provide such facility for it's disabled patrons...........and they're STILL waiting for the toilets capable of taking a wheelchair together with attendant ~ you can only imagine what the poor buggers have to do at present when they need to urinate or worse!

Going back to Dave Thomas; he only exacerbates the problem with his ridiculous and 'sniffy' presentation of trust membership as 'providers of lawnmowers' and there is a whole image of the club that is rotten to the core and still needs sweeping away.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

:goodpost:
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Just heard from Guy Henderson @ herald express that he is out of the office 'til 23 Jan 18, it'll be interesting to see if my questions get answered or 'lost' in the many ! Anyhow just waiting for Jim Parker to reply.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Southampton Gull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 23:31 Let's not forget to exclude Steve Breed from this as they knew he would never entertain Osborne so quietly got him out of the way. Disgusting the way he was treated.
I've often hoped that Breedy might step forward and work with the TUST in the battle against Osborne. He's got a uniquely high profile among United fans (Helen Chamberlain is probably the only larger- and she's shown little interest in ever getting involved) which is exactly what is needed to get the word out to the casuals and the happy clappers. I know he was burned very badly by the club but he'd be the ideal figurehead...or someone like Chris Lintott, who probably wouldn't have the time/want the negative publicity that often comes from having to be the one that speaks out.

I've got to the point now where I'm just so sick of all the boardroom shenanigans of the past ten years. We had to fight to get rid of Roberts, then we had the abject drift of the Thea chairmanship, then we had the two years of lies and shenanigans from the Phillips board and now we've got Osborne and the issues surrounding him. I just want to watch a moderately successful club with no fears for it's future, knowing that the owners have it's best interests at heart. After the past 5 years or so it seems like fan ownership is the only way to do that and I don't care if we're playing in the National League South or the Southern League, so long as the club's long term future is secure and the people running it want the best for it.
Just heard from Guy Henderson @ herald express that he is out of the office 'til 23 Jan 18, it'll be interesting to see if my questions get answered or 'lost' in the many ! Anyhow just waiting for Jim Parker to reply.
They'll hide behind claims that they have to be careful of being accused/sued for libel. This is ignoring the fact that you can't be sued for libel if you just print the facts and let the readers connect the dots themselves. Which the HE is perfectly capable of, just write an article about Osborne's past history with sports clubs and failure to build stadiums, make it dispassionate and accusing him of nothing and the HE readers can work it out themselves. It's not rocket science lads. This is why the HE and Dave Thomas' abject failure to do so is so galling. They have no backbone.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Great post, I feel exactly the same and said so to Merse last night.

I personally don't care if we play in the Peninsula League as long as the club is run properly and engages the fans in a way that it hasn't since the days when Mike Bateson used to frequent this forum. I find the off field nonsense so frustrating with so many people in it for their own gain, something that Breedy never was. He did what he did at a personal and financial cost to himself and always did things for the best reasons, the sustainability of the club. He would be excellent for TUST but I'm not so sure he has the stomach for it after the way the club treated him.
Dave

stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

hi guys thanks for the kind words here I have tried not to comment despite being asked from various sources I e paper and reporters ect regarding not only my situation but what is happening at the club and have chosen to keep my own council and completely keep my distance from the club including not watching any matches. That has been very tough after spending a large majority if my life going up and down that motorway and supporting the boys home and away for more years than I can remember. I am extremely saddened by what's happening to this once great club and applaud each and everyone of you that are going through this with the club that means so much to us all. What I did think to offer is to perhaps do a question and answer session on the forum where I will answer to the best of my ability question about my time as c e o and perhaps my thoughts going forward which maybe we can all get behind to aid the future of the club. if this is perhaps some forum members would want then perhaps I can ask Southampton Dave to do a separate thread and people can post there questions there if not then I totally understand.. I will happily do this on either this site or the penn inn forum or both.. Stephen breed
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I'm was pretty certain that you would all be hearing from Steve in the very near future on one forum or another; or maybe both!

Everyone needs to be aware that when high profile entertainers like Helen Chamberlain, Chris Lintott, Charlie Baker and to an extent even Jim Proudfoot ~ who appears to have inextricably attached himself to the 'Bring Nicho Back/or just get him a job' camp ~ are concerned, they have their own careers and hence not inconsiderable income at the forefront of their thinking and will avoid controversy and conflict with the club at any cost.

Just regard them for what they are: celebrity fans ~ genuine fans at that ~ who just want to enjoy their association with the club but cannot afford to put their meal ticket at risk.