Ambition or Submission?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

This is indeed more like it. All the forums need to get behind the groundswell of concern and resultant action rather than be passive. As Ding Dong states they have come together beforehand and you cannot beat a united effort. Teigngull and Nickbrod are excellent examples of pushing and promoting the cause. We know Hartlepool have Geoff Stelling as a high profile media person, is there anyone in contact with Helen Chamberlain. We could do with her on board. I have just received an email from TUST about a meeting on 30th Jan. I think it important that persons should attend this. I look upon TUST as a lifeboat, the last point of refuge when all else has failed. There are certain posters who spend absolutely ages knocking them but I can't see how these posters are contributing to the survival of TUAFC. What is their motive. On the contrary, they seem to be trying to sink an organisation that exists solely for the continuation of the club, whatever form that may take. Forwards I say, not just on the pitch but in our mindset.
Brokengull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Paul Dobson

Post by Brokengull »

Hi all ! Just looked into getting a flag banner, the biggest we can get is 24 ft x 12ft that would cost £500 ! So if we all chipped in a few quid this would make a big statement. So if anyone can come up with the wording and a page to donate to raise the funds I would be happy to give a few quid it would also need some kind person to look after it just a thought to try and get these germs out of TUFC !!!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Brokengull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 19:45 Hi all ! Just looked into getting a flag banner, the biggest we can get is 24 ft x 12ft that would cost £500 ! So if we all chipped in a few quid this would make a big statement. So if anyone can come up with the wording and a page to donate to raise the funds I would be happy to give a few quid it would also need some kind person to look after it just a thought to try and get these germs out of TUFC !!!
This is more like it too! Superb idea and superb username! :-D

My only concern is that CO wouldn't permit it to be brought into Plainmoor but away games would be ideal.

Oh yes.

I could come up with the wording alright but then it wouldn't be allowed in away grounds never mind at home! :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Not like he'll be there to see it BUT I'm prety sure the response team would be sent in if it was deemed offensive. I had to do the same thing at the Olympic Stadium when West Ham fans raised a banner complaining about the lack of seats for ordinary fans.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

How about asking Brighton fans to help. Helen Chamberlain did lots to help them in the past with Fans Day or whatever it was called. In return can they help us in our hour of need. . .
Brokengull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Brokengull »

I know it's been done before but what about a TUFC funeral that would get the press we need a procession though plainmoor on a Saturday :bow:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

With the passing of more than one prominent fan recently I feel that may be a touch insensitive to be honest.
Dave

Brokengull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Brokengull »

I didn't mean it in a bad way towards anyone I meant it as the have killed our club off sorry again
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I know but that is how some will see it, unfortunately it's a sensitive area so best avoided in my opinion.
Dave

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Brokengull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 21:20 I didn't mean it in a bad way towards anyone I meant it as the have killed our club off sorry again
Hey great to be coming up with ideas though man. :-D
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Lots going on after being stuck in my hgv in snow since 4pm!!!!. some great ideas ...leaflets and a flag sound great. Think it's best to concentrate to the broken promises as that is just fact
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Yes Yorkie, That is a good point. It's on the record. Even HE reported on what was promised. One promise however is truly rubbish and that is we would be in a new stadium by 2020. It certainly won't be in South Devon, it would be impossible to get the planning done in time.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

samuel wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 22:23 Yes Yorkie, That is a good point. It's on the record. Even HE reported on what was promised. One promise however is truly rubbish and that is we would be in a new stadium by 2020. It certainly won't be in South Devon, it would be impossible to get the planning done in time.
It wont be on Planet Earth never mind South Devon with Osborne "promising" it....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Loving the fact that the bickering has stopped and everybody is finally coming together for the greater good. Brilliant guys!

Lets at least hound the snivelling, self important, incompetent lapdog out for making such a pigs ear out of our club after forcing his way in. :@ (I didnt call him fat)

Just a thought, it might cost but seeing as our local rag wont help, Spotlight might be a stretch, Westcountry did raise some questions last year but not really enough - How about radio, many local clubs, causes, charities and events have slots on the radio to talk about their thing. Maybe they have to pay for that time I dont know but as the suggestion of fund raising for a flag came up I thought of this.

As for lobbying the council and keeping on at them, thats great but I reckon the Herald Express deserves that and then some. I would love to know why our local NEWSpaper isnt asking more questions, why they havent exposed more to the public about Mr Osborne. I have seen Dave Thomas numerous times at games this season and I have really had to bite my tongue to not go over and ask him what he and his employer are playing at. I so want to give him a right bollocking but respect for my elders, the fact I havent wanted to cause a scene and embarrass my Dad and no doubt the knob head stewards would turf me has stopped me doing so.

Lets get in at these bastards.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

chunkygull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 22:42 I have seen Dave Thomas numerous times at games this season and I have really had to bite my tongue to not go over and ask him what he and his employer are playing at. I so want to give him a right bollocking but respect for my elders, the fact I havent wanted to cause a scene and embarrass my Dad and no doubt the knob head stewards would turf me has stopped me doing so.
It's because no-one's asking him that he gets away with it!

When was a Torquay United feature last put up that had a comments facility attached to it as well?
Last edited by merse btpir on 16 Jan 2018, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.