Ambition or Submission?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Soupdragon wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 11:38 Yes, you need a permit to hand out leaflets on the street (TUST isn't a registered charity or a registered political organisation); it's about £220 for six people (can't have more than six). Took me one minute to find out that.
I've just checked the Council website and found this:

http://www.torbay.gov.uk/business/licen ... /leaflets/

As far as I can tell from the downloadable map, Plainmoor and surrounding areas do NOT need a permit. I may be wrong, but if others could have a look and confirm my thoughts that would be appreciated.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

United62 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 13:39 I've just checked the Council website and found this:

As far as I can tell from the downloadable map, Plainmoor and surrounding areas do NOT need a permit. I may be wrong, but if others could have a look and confirm my thoughts that would be appreciated.
Yes think your right ; excellent job
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

United62 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 13:39 I've just checked the Council website and found this:

Indeed, you could well be right.

However, it's not ENTIRELY clear; that page just gives details of the punishment if you're caught in the 'designated area'. Doesn't actually, definitively state that it's ok everywhere else. The usual Council-speak, eh?

If you want to make your councillors do a bit of work, I suggest contacting one of the three for the St MMarychurch ward (in which Plainmoor is situated) to give a definitive answer. Then you can blame them if it's wrong.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Soupdragon wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 14:19 Indeed, you could well be right.

However, it's not ENTIRELY clear; that page just gives details of the punishment if you're caught in the 'designated area'. Doesn't actually, definitively state that it's ok everywhere else. The usual Council-speak, eh?

If you want to make your councillors do a bit of work, I suggest contacting one of the three for the St MMarychurch ward (in which Plainmoor is situated) to give a definitive answer. Then you can blame them if it's wrong.

From the same website:

Designated Areas
Torbay Council has designated the following areas where prior consent from the Council is required in order to distribute free printed matter:
Torquay - Fleet Street, The Strand, Vaughan Parade, Victoria Parade, Torwood Street and Union Street.
Council Car Parks - Town Hall, Lower Union Lane, The Terrace (also known as The Harbour Car Park)
The distribution of free printed matter is prohibited in all Torbay Council owned car parks in accordance with the Borough of Torbay (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2008.
A consent is not required if you intend to distribute free printed matter outside the designated areas.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Soupdragon wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 14:19If you want to make your councillors do a bit of work, I suggest contacting one of the three for the St MMarychurch ward (in which Plainmoor is situated) to give a definitive answer. Then you can blame them if it's wrong.
Done. I'll update when I get a reply.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

United62 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 15:20 Done. I'll update when I get a reply.
Great work and just the kind of help that TUST need in their quest to working towards community ownership.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 15:57 Great work and just the kind of help that TUST need in their quest to working towards community ownership.
Thanks Dave. My reason for looking into this is that I'd like to help TUST with leaflet design/printing (free of charge of course) but don't want to go to all the trouble and then find out we can only hand them out at the end of Princess Pier, on a Sunday, during December.

Once it is clear that we CAN distribute leaflets during matchdays at Plainmoor and surrounding area lawfully then I will contact the powers that be at TUST and get the ball rolling on what I can do to help.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I'm all for the distribution of leaflets and would be willing to hand them out. Let's get on with it and build up momentum.
Hartlepool, through mostly Jeff Stelling, are expecting a bumper crowd on Saturday while so many people are donating money mainly through crowdfunding to help them raise the £200000. If they can do it let's see what can be achieved for Torquay.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I have sent emails to the 3 Torbay councillors within the St Marychurch ward , Neil Bent , Anne Brooks & Ray Hill , asking for their views on the current situation at TUFC.
I have also outlined the benefits for the town of the FREE advertising the club brings through the 3 main media platforms (TV , Internet , written press ) etc & how this is diminishing the further down the football pyramid the club falls.
I will update when (or if ) I receive any replies.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

United62 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 16:12 Once it is clear that we CAN distribute leaflets during matchdays at Plainmoor and surrounding area lawfully then I will contact the powers that be at TUST and get the ball rolling on what I can do to help.
You answered this yourself with your quote from the council website, you CAN.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a big banner made up to be passed along the crowd as a protest of sorts. "Where is the 5 year plan? Where is the local board? Where is the fans forum?" That sort of thing, just to get people a bit riled up.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

"Where is the owner?" "Where is the missing striker(s)?" "Where are the plans for the new stadium opening in 2020?"
Just another few suggestions.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Teigngull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 16:53 I have sent emails to the 3 Torbay councillors within the St Marychurch ward , Neil Bent , Anne Brooks & Ray Hill , asking for their views on the current situation at TUFC.
I have also outlined the benefits for the town of the FREE advertising the club brings through the 3 main media platforms (TV , Internet , written press ) etc & how this is diminishing the further down the football pyramid the club falls.
I will update when (or if ) I receive any replies.
Good stuff. More people should be doing this, it takes all of about half an hour to type up a good well reasoned email and send it out to those who do have some influence in the town. The more we can do this the better, remember the momentum that this site and Merse's site helped build up in the Spring/Summer last year around the freehold? We can do it and we need to tap back into it again.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

I have also sent an e-mail to Torbay Council asking for clarification of various factors regarding Plainmoor.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 15:57 Great work and just the kind of help that TUST need in their quest to working towards community ownership.
Yes echo that. Spot on United 62 and others.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

greb46 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 18:48 I have also sent an e-mail to Torbay Council asking for clarification of various factors regarding Plainmoor.
Good stuff, get on board guys the more we badger them the less they can ignore us, they can push individuals aside but the masses are a different matter never forget you have a say so on who is on the council never waste your vote make it work for you, they are there to serve you not line their own pockets !