Ambition or Submission?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

No Mellow ! Merse says we dont realise how high the standard is in Nat South and we will struggle
to get above mid table
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

He is quite possibly right with that one , don't underestimate it
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Owers will build his own team in the summer, we will have a good season and finish in the play offs (top 7)
If not and we are in mid table or below after a dozen games , cheerio Owers
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Too early to predict anything for next season
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Have we got a proper striker for tomorrow?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

No
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

kevgull wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 08:56 Have we got a proper striker for tomorrow?
All of Owers and Kuhl`s contacts coming to fruition then !!!!!
Is anybody really suprised ????????
Use to be answers on a postcard.............but answer here please guys ! :scarf:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

DevonBee wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 09:14 All of Owers and Kuhl`s contacts coming to fruition then !!!!!
Is anybody really suprised ????????
Use to be answers on a postcard.............but answer here please guys ! :scarf:
In their defence, it will take time to secure a striker. There will be a cascade effect - an L1 Club will sign a Championship player, which in turn shuffles out one of their reserves who signs for an L2 Club, who in turn creates an available player who we can sign.

I think it is still a bit early in the window - doesn’t sko our position but I’d rather they got the Recruitment right rather than panicking in the first couple of weeks
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Have to admire your optimism but based on what has happened so far regarding recruitmentI wouldn't hold your breath.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I think we all hope that the bigger picture Jeff is viewing, comes to fruition.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Also it's important to bear in mind that not every signing turns out to be a success. If the club sign 6 players then it would be good going to get regular consistent and productive performances out of 3 of them.

Sign one striker and he could be a disaster. Sign 3 and you have options and a chance of one making their move a successful one.

If the club only sign one striker then it's all eggs, one basket at a time where risks like this aren't worth entertaining.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

A luxury,surely Andy, that only Premier/Championship clubs can afford!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

torregull wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 12:21 A luxury,surely Andy, that only Premier/Championship clubs can afford!
That's true torregull but the point is still valid i think which makes the job of keeping TUFC in the NL even harder. Signing one striker, and one with risks attached anyway due to him in all likelihood being unproven at NL level or a journeyman looking for another chance, is not enough. We'll have to wait and see.
peterfoster
New Signing
New Signing

Post by peterfoster »

I see over on the Bath City Fans' Forum that Supporter Liaison Officer on the Board, Martin Powell, has posted this today about a seven-day approach from Torquay for Jack Compton-

"The reason I asked for a link, Gerry, is because I honestly know nothing about this. Quite how the Torquay forum got to know about it is anyone's guess but until I hear something official from the usual channels at TP I'm going to ignore it."
Peter Foster - Chelmsford City FC
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Jeff wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 09:28 In their defence, it will take time to secure a striker. There will be a cascade effect - an L1 Club will sign a Championship player, which in turn shuffles out one of their reserves who signs for an L2 Club, who in turn creates an available player who we can sign.

I think it is still a bit early in the window - doesn’t sko our position but I’d rather they got the Recruitment right rather than panicking in the first couple of weeks
Appreciate your reply Jeff....but time to secure a striker is something we don`t have ! We are bottom of the league, points adrift and I think we should be panicking....only my opinion of course . :scarf: