TUST Updates

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I get your point but to be honest they need to have this sort of meeting or gathering for all supporters just to get their message across and recruit members. I dont think todays leaflet exercise wil gain many extra members but it would have if it was inviting all to attend with a view to joining.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

What was the content of the leaflet anyone?
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Basically it said about a TUST general meeting and you can come along if you sign up and join before the meeting. I think they have missed an opportunity to sign up members, they should have a rallying meeting for all supporters and recruit a load of members on the day.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Cheers Chunks.

Did the leaflet contain any sort of bullet points about why the TUST was in existence and what it's concerns were currently / what it wanted to achieve / mission statement sort of thing and in the process using these as hooks to make concerned fans want to find out more?
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

chunkygull wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 21:30 ]Good to see some people distributing leaflets on the way to the ground today. How many roughly were taken up?

Still there are many fans who dont get it, dont know about Osborne or dont feel how much in the shit TUFC are. They certainly dont understand about TUST.

After reading the leaflet may I say the TUST could be missing a chance to put their case across for supporters to join. The leaflet advertises a meeting to supporters but only if you join the TUST beforehand. My Father who has supported and watched TUFC since 1955 is one of those people who are not online, I have been trying to explain the whole saga to him, from GI, Osborne, freeholds, no new stadiums, clubs without a home, Harrop, TUST, everything. He partially gets it but it hasnt been in the Herald or on tv so it hasnt quite made an impact. My Dad sums up 75% of the typical TUFC support.

Your right the trouble is in this day and age everyone assumes that everyone is computer literate but its not the case and a majority of Torquay supporters are not 21.The older generation is high in the south west and one of the major problems is that year's ago if the club was in crisis you would read about it in the Herald Express so people could react to it.Sadly this is not the case now so many do not hear about the current crisis they just assume so to cut a long story short it has not benefited the club as many see our league position but are not really aware of what has created it as they can no longer read about it and are not online.

When Dad started to read the leaflet he was open to the idea of going to the meeting it advertised but then when he saw you had to join before you could attend, even though he doesnt know much about it, well then he wasnt interested. The leaflet did come across a bit like it'll be for our ears only, our little club.

Even if its just this once, may I suggest if TUST wish to recruit more members they hold a meeting which welcomes ALL TUFC SUPPORTERS then more of them can hear it properly for themselves, rather than just rely on word of mouth or online. If you throw this meeting open to all then I am very sure you would get a generous boost to your membership numbers.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Just for information, I have increased my sub to TUST to £10 per month. I feel they are the only possible lifeline if it all goes TU.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

samuel wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 10:06 Just for information, I have increased my sub to TUST to £10 per month. I feel they are the only possible lifeline if it all goes TU.
:-D

Good on ya Samuel.

I will also consider increasing the amount i pay should i be satisfied that the TUST are representing me as a trust member a little more 'forcefully' shall we say. Personally i don't think they are an organization that likes to be in peoples faces and upsetting the apple cart much which is what we need IMO but for now i'm happy to be part of the action and seeing how it goes. :scarf:
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

In my opinion, the most important thing that TUST needs to do now is to get the right people into position with the required structure around them. Hopefully this will commence at the meeting, with any action then able to be implemented properly. This is why I have joined TUST now, so that what little funds I give can be used to this effect.
Chris
TUST member 479
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

So is the TUST campaigning to get Osborne out of the football club (as the Blackpool one was with Oyston) or is it more operating as a savings bank that is quietly collecting as much money as it can until the time comes where it is needed?

I know they are actively highlighting concerns about the ownership but is this with a view to just getting more funds / members or is their remit also to push for a change in ownership which obviously is clearly the only other option to save the football club?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 13:02 So is the TUST campaigning to get Osborne out of the football club (as the Blackpool one was with Oyston) or is it more operating as a savings bank that is quietly collecting as much money as it can until the time comes where it is needed?

I know they are actively highlighting concerns about the ownership but is this with a view to just getting more funds / members or is their remit also to push for a change in ownership which obviously is clearly the only other option to save the football club?
As a member Andy it is your right to let the trust board know how you feel they should be proceeding. The board serve the wishes of the members so get in touch and give them your thoughts on what you think they should be doing.

I believe the meeting next week is where members can decide how they want the trust to move forward, I realise you probably can't be there but you can still let them know your thoughts.

Incidentally the story in the Herald today about the meeting says that "The meeting is open to all members, as well as prospective members".

I know some on here were concerned that it was restricted to members so it looks like they have addressed this concern.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football ... or-1110275

The Herald also seem to have activated the comments facility on the recent TUFC stories so maybe a few comments from fans outlining our concerns are in order?
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

What kind of communication does TUST have with members? I've been a member for a week or so but not heard anything yet, so I'm just wondering what happens?
alitufc
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by alitufc »

Hi Midlandgull - Have you received the January newsletter ?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Midlandgull wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 20:28 What kind of communication does TUST have with members? I've been a member for a week or so but not heard anything yet, so I'm just wondering what happens?
I received an update email tonight that included CO response to the TUST questions they asked last week. Check your inbox
Lucy
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Thanks Ali, I did - it went to my junk box! thanks for the message!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Jerry wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 13:24 Incidentally the story in the Herald today about the meeting says that "The meeting is open to all members, as well as prospective members"
I know some on here were concerned that it was restricted to members so it looks like they have addressed this concern.
Not for the first time; the Herald Express is talking bollocks.........

The SGM is for members only as opposed to the wider Torquay United supporter population. This was a conscious decision in order to listen to the views of the trust members who the board have been elected to represent. They have received some very sensible comments from members and other supporters alike as to why they should instead open this up to non-members and their views are certainly valid. They have also received comments to the contrary as to why they should not!

Therefore, they have decided to continue with this as a members-only event at the present time in order that they can use the meeting to articulate current thoughts and actions, but most importantly to listen to the trust members whose subscriptions support the trust first and foremost.

They have received many new membership applications since the weekend from supporters who have joined in order to attend the meeting and I would suggest that anyone who wants to be there but is not yet a member becomes one now and then they can!